Dec 21 2012

by
CURTIS T.

Published on November 11th, 2008, 9:26 pm
Rift: X

Liv wrote:All you need is love.

THERE IS ALOT OF LOGIC TO ALL THIS STUFF, YOU HAVE TO LOOK IN THE RIGHT PLACES I READ NOSTRODAMAS'S PREDICTION OF THE TWIN DRAGONS FALLING 20 OR 25 YEARS AGO FROM WICH WE KNOW TODAY AS THE TWIN TOWERS SO DON'T MAKE A JOKE OF THIS STUFF BECAUSE THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS YOUR SCARED AND DON'T WANT TO ADMIT IT!!!! :shock:
November 11th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Do you have the exact passage you read from Nostradamus? If I'm to be scared I'd like to know exactly what I'm scared of.

I can't find a reference to him writing of twin dragons falling.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
November 11th, 2008, 9:58 pm
A Person

All you did was watch the History Channel last night. :clap:
November 12th, 2008, 9:18 am
Mya

Mya wrote:All you did was watch the History Channel last night. :clap:

If you are responding to someone's statement, quote the statement. Otherwise, we don't know what you're talking about. Context is important.
November 12th, 2008, 9:44 am
Nfidel

Why is this end of the world scenario any different from any other end of the world scenario?
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
November 12th, 2008, 10:12 am
RebelSnake

Supporting evidence.
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
November 12th, 2008, 1:19 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:Supporting evidence.

For something that hasn't happened yet??

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
November 12th, 2008, 1:25 pm
RebelSnake

RebelSnake wrote:

I think she meant circumstantial.
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
November 12th, 2008, 1:30 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Sanjuro wrote:
RebelSnake wrote:

I think she meant circumstantial.

Either way nothing's gonna happen. All these end of the world scenarios end the same way.

November 12th, 2008, 1:45 pm
RebelSnake

Doesn't really matter anyways....

But I could go for a nice supernatural extinction... could be kind of cool.
November 13th, 2008, 2:50 pm
Liv

Follow Me
political-pictures-sarah-palin-mayans.jpg
November 14th, 2008, 3:52 pm
Liv

Follow Me
If we're gonna think of that date as anything, we should probably be thinking of it as a date of renewal.

Logically, the first date in the Long Count should be 0.0.0.0.0, but as the baktun (the first component) are numbered from 1 to 13 rather than 0 to 12, this first date is actually written 13.0.0.0.0.

The authorities disagree on what 13.0.0.0.0 corresponds to in our calendar. I have come across three possible equivalences:

13.0.0.0.0 = 8 Sep 3114 BC (Julian) = 13 Aug 3114 BC (Gregorian)
13.0.0.0.0 = 6 Sep 3114 BC (Julian) = 11 Aug 3114 BC (Gregorian)
13.0.0.0.0 = 11 Nov 3374 BC (Julian) = 15 Oct 3374 BC (Gregorian)

Assuming one of the first two equivalences, the Long Count will again reach 13.0.0.0.0 on 21 or 23 December AD 2012 - a not too distant future.

The date 13.0.0.0.0 may have been the Mayas' idea of the date of the creation of the world.

Here are some resources:
http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/ca ... mayan.html
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/CIVAMRCA/MAYAS.HTM
November 16th, 2008, 5:04 pm
FireFaerie

I'm just going to throw this out there- does it really matter? Anyone of us could walk out the door this morning and be nailed by a car resulting in our death. Or suffer a massive heart attack or stroke with the same end result. Any of us could go at any given moment for a number of reasons at any time from now until 2012 and that would be that.

The inevitability of it is that we will all go for whatever reason when it's our time so it seems a bit pointless to stew over it. If the world is going to "end" in whatever manner then there probably isn't anything we can do about it anyway. I say enjoy your life and time while you have it and when it's your turn, go with dignity.
November 17th, 2008, 7:49 am
baerlondark

baerlondark wrote: I say enjoy your life and time while you have it and when it's your turn, go with dignity.
I agree with that until the dignity bit. After observing a few deaths, I don't think that's possible or even under your control. But certainly try to go without regrets and try to leave the world a better place than when you arrived.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
November 17th, 2008, 11:09 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
baerlondark wrote: I say enjoy your life and time while you have it and when it's your turn, go with dignity.
I agree with that until the dignity bit. After observing a few deaths, I don't think that's possible or even under your control. But certainly try to go without regrets and try to leave the world a better place than when you arrived.

I guess strive for the impression of a death with dignity then? :lol: I don't know but I definitely agree with your addition. Cheers!
November 17th, 2008, 12:39 pm
baerlondark

[youtubeembed]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVi_2lHBVhQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVi_2lHBVhQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubeembed]
November 21st, 2008, 1:33 pm
A Person

For those who like predictions, heres one from my hometown, made by Mr Merlin himself.
"When Merlins oak shall tumble down,
So shall fall Carmarthen town"
Look it up on google, go on, i know your interested.
Anyway, Carmarthen in Welsh (the language of Wales, a small country next to England in the U.K.) is Caerfyrddin.
Caer - Fort and Fyrddin - Merlin. The Welsh language is slightly backwards so by placing these two words together you get Merlin's Fort. Please search this to your hearts content its all there. Anyway, in 1856 the tree was poisoned and then died. In 1978 the town had the worst floods it had seen for years. (According to wikipedia (I was not born then and so do not know.)) However the town is next to a river and hardly a year goes by when there is not a flood of some sort on what is aptly called the flood plain.
However, my point is, just because a prediction is made about a certain event it does not come true but often the human mind will draw conclusions to events regarding prophecies and spiritual matters in a way to ascertain their dominance and superiority over other species. I'm still alive and in twenty minutes will be going shopping in my town. Which according to Merlin is no more. Who also predicted the end of the world in 2012. See where I'm going?
December 19th, 2008, 8:33 am
Merlins fort

The timeline has been re-written though....
December 19th, 2008, 9:11 am
Liv

Follow Me
Strictly speaking Merlin's Oak didn't 'tumble down'. Its rotting corpse was carefully relocated to the Civic Hall. Just don't knock the display over and your shopping trip will be safe.

December 19th, 2008, 11:11 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Do you have the exact passage you read from Nostradamus? If I'm to be scared I'd like to know exactly what I'm scared of.

I can't find a reference to him writing of twin dragons falling.

I've heard a lot about this. My main references are the History Channel special and the 5th Dimension song "Age of Aquarius" (which some say will occur around 2013. The age, not the song. That was 1969).

There are some interesting points, and hey, 4 years isn't an unreasonable amount of time to get your ducks in a row.

Mostly though I think the History Channel producers are undergoing some heavy recreational drug use. Acid maybe, or PCP.
January 9th, 2009, 1:32 am
Spaced_Colonist

Spaced_Colonist wrote:
Mostly though I think the History Channel producers are undergoing some heavy recreational drug use. Acid maybe, or PCP.

More likely they see dollar signs from a gullible public. C'mon, don't people remember what happened in 1989 when everyone was convinced Nostradamus predicted the end of the world... only to have the quatrain "re-translated" after it was obvious we were all going to be ok? And what about New Years eve 2000? Nothing happened but boy did people make some money off that one! The world should have ended a few hundred thousand times over by now. Wake up people.

This article touches on the business of 2012 a bit, but also goes further to very clearly explain why all this is complete bunk:

http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012-ex ... be-feared/
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
January 9th, 2009, 8:31 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Well hello there everybody.
Firstly let me wish a very happy New Golden Age which begins for those of us without a hangover on the 22nd of December just 3 years from now.

The big problem that most "prophets" and their commentators have is the assumption that the "End of the World" means a physical end. This assumption is a reasonable one within the context of the (now ending) patriarch which is fixed upon materialism; it is, however, not a reasonable one within the greater context of the evolution of mankind. What is meant is "The End of the World as we know it!" The big change is not to the material of the Earth's surface but in the consciousness of mankind. This trend is very noticeable in all parts of the World and with daily acceleration.

Winter Solstice 2012 (so it was related to me by two different spiritual masters) is "merely" the point at which it becomes more uncomfortable to be lazy than to work at self-realisation. Thus, as the greater part of humanity moves into an awakening, the New Golden Age is the inevitable result. Exactly what this will look like is something which we, all of us, will jointly decide over the next few decades. The world as we know it, i.e. how society, commerce, relationships and every other form of human interaction takes place will cease to be and completely new ways and forms will be developed.

Please enjoy your evolution.

Blessed be

Karma Singh
http://www.karmasingh.com

January 9th, 2009, 11:19 am
Karma Singh

Karma Singh wrote:Well hello there everybody.
Firstly let me wish a very happy New Golden Age which begins for those of us without a hangover on the 22nd of December just 3 years from now.

The big problem that most "prophets"//...// The world as we know it, i.e. how society, commerce, relationships and every other form of human interaction takes place will cease to be and completely new ways and forms will be developed.

Please enjoy your evolution.

Blessed be

Karma Singh
http://www.karmasingh.com

None of this is true.
*Dictated but not read ~God
January 9th, 2009, 11:32 am
God
The Divine Word

God wrote:
None of this is true.

How do you know, Sunshine?

Do you have some evidence or some sort of reasoned argument or are we poor peasant simply required to accept this Ex-cathedra pronouncement?

Blessed be

Karma Singh

Karma Singh wrote:
God wrote:
None of this is true.

How do you know, Sunshine?

Do you have some evidence or some sort of reasoned argument or are we poor peasant simply required to accept this Ex-cathedra pronouncement?

Blessed be

Well I am the creator of all things...more or less.
*Dictated but not read ~God
January 9th, 2009, 12:44 pm
God
The Divine Word

Return to X