·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Proof of God: Boneless Chicken Wings

by Liv | Published on August 8th, 2006, 7:19 pm | Food
For years many people around the world prayed to God, Budha, Muhammed, Satan, Ra, Zeus, and any other God that is righteous and good to man and woman. We've begged and prayed, asking God, "Chicken wings are great and all, but How about Chicken wings with out bones?"

The sky opened up, sun poured from the heavens and boneless chicken wings were born. Technically since they are boneless, wouldn't they just be Chicken-Miscellaneous-Body-Parts? Anyhow. The first time I got the chance to have boneless chicken wings was at Applebees about a month ago. I swear they were good, but I couldn't say if I had been affected by my Rum Smoothie or not. Well I've discovered KFC has them too.

Now being that we live in an area that hates Kentucky Fried Chicken, and loves Bojangles, they're tough to find. Technically there is only 3 in Greensboro. 2 over by Battleground, and 1 on West Market street. Somehow I got the idea to rush over there on my lunch break and order some. Mind you, I have only 30 minutes for lunch, and I work on High Point road. But I had a craving, and I was determined to get some.

Basically for about 3 bucks you can get about 6 nuggets or 20 for about 10 dollars. Let me say, trying to shove fiery hot nuggets of chicken goodness in your mouth while driving a stick shift through Spring Garden traffic is not the most efficient of driving methods. This in part to the fact your nose is running, your mouth is burning, and your reaching for your 64 ounces of Pepsi, they require you to buy or sign a disclaimer. Then there is your fingers that end up in hot red hot wing sauce, and when you try to wipe them on the napkin, the paper just tears and sticks. Soo.... if your following me so far, I'm driving mucho quickado down Spring Garden street with my eyes watering, nose running and paper covered hot-sauce hands delicately trying to gearshift with my elbow.

All I can think of, is if I hit that tree, someone, please shove another boneless hot wing in my mouth before I lose consciousness.

Yes God does exist, he gave us Boneless Chicken wings.

Shouldn't this be in the healthy lifestyles section of the forum?
August 8th, 2006, 8:46 pm
Matt

Noticed Bojangles now has boneless buffalo wings. I've been getting KFC's for sometime. It will be hard to compete in my opinion. But Bojangle's now has a "Buffalo Wing Kids Meal"....

Nothing says "Fatty" like a child with red-hot-sauce all over their faces, watery eyes, and a lisped voice saying "Momma give me more hotwings."
September 27th, 2007, 7:53 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Oh yeah.....

And since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, we will be seeing the cajun-fried turkey appear back on the menu! :P
September 27th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Pineview Style

September 27th, 2007, 2:02 pm
Liv

mmmmmm.......

Never underestimate the power of the BO!!!
September 27th, 2007, 3:59 pm
Pineview Style

"Mommy..... hotwings"

Reads like the headline of a tabloid story about Brittney Spears' parenting style.
September 27th, 2007, 5:40 pm
C. Alice

Got Bojangle's tonight....

6 Hotwingies for $3.29... that's expensive.
September 27th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Liv

"Hotwingies"

Nice! $3.29 does seem a little steep. I've notices the prices at Bojangles have been creeping up over the past few years. It wasn't too long ago that you could get a whole mess of food for under $5. Not so anymore.....

Have they started offering free iced tea with the dinners up ya'lls way? The ones here in Raleigh do.
September 28th, 2007, 8:35 am
Pineview Style

I don't know exactly.... I generally hit there once a week for a chicken, egg, & cheese biscuit.... and I just generally get the value meal.
September 28th, 2007, 9:07 am
Liv

The price of chicken has taken a jump. One Japanese express place I like to go said they had a price increase for dark meat, but not white meat.
September 28th, 2007, 10:49 am
Matt

Technically everything has gotten super expensive.... Not to long ago .99 cents a LB for beef was on the high side of things, but now it can be 4.50 a LB and no one thinks twice. NPR has said milk will hit $8.00 a gallon soon....
It's horrible out there.
September 28th, 2007, 12:40 pm
Liv

Have you noticed the value of the doller recently? Perhaps the 30 year low has something to do with things?
usVsCan.jpg
usVsCan.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

usVsEur.jpg
usVsEur.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

Expect things to continue to get more expensive until the US has a government that the world can trust.
September 28th, 2007, 1:03 pm
A Person

"Expect things to continue to get more expensive until the US has a government that the world can trust."

Well, I think that some of this has to do with our current tax system. A penny here, a penny there, next thing you know, your value meal is not such a value anymore. And, of course, this adds insult to injury as the price of goods keeps going up.

It's time to hold our elected officials to a higher level of accountability.
September 28th, 2007, 2:09 pm
Pineview Style

It's funny though, the wealth isn't spread evenly... It's just making "more" poor people.
September 28th, 2007, 5:01 pm
Liv

Return to Food