·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Nestle's Aero : Perhaps the best candy bar ever.

by Liv | Published on August 11th, 2009, 7:22 pm | Food
aero_candy_bar.jpg

If you like mint, and you like chocolate, then you've got to get you one of these.
feel_the_bubble_in_aero_bar.jpg

The Aero Bar, so named because of it's unique "bubbles" in the bar aid in a unique digestion, and enjoyment. This is probably the best candy bar I've ever tasted... and sadly, like national health care... isn't sold in America. Well sort of. I bought the last two over at our World Market on High Point Road. So good luck finding some more. Perhaps we can beg management to reorder the lot, otherwise you better head east my dear friends. No really they're really that good.

aero_mint_candy_bar.jpg

blaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

Okay, so I'll give it credit. It's a lot like the no-longer-existing Chocolite. THAT was my fave candy bar as a kid... that and a Marathon (too lazy to look up to get you a URL, but it was chocolate covered caramel braid).

I've picked up an Aero or two from WM, but it's just not Chocolite. The air bubbles in Chocolite gave it a cripsy effect, kind of like eating a Nestle's Crunch, but without the crisped rice.

Frak... with all my cheezburgers and chocolate, it's a wonder I'm not chubbier than I already am. :?
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
August 11th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Aero Dark 70% isn't bad.

All the others have too much sugar and too little cocoa
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
August 11th, 2009, 9:49 pm
A Person

I get Aeros all the time at our local Indian restaurant. They only carry the regular, not the mint. Hey, Liv, should I ask the owner if he can order a box of the mint? (If he can, he'll do it.)

I will say that the mint Aero is an amazing candy bar, but *nothing* beats the Coffee Crisp!

Imagine a big Kit Kat bar, but with coffee-flavored cream between the wafers! Absolutely delicious and NOWHERE to be found around here. I keep bringing back boxes of them every time I go to Toronto.
August 11th, 2009, 10:35 pm
rwittner

The mint one is amazing... I love mint anyhow... but this thing... woah!!!!

I'd love to order a box if I don't have to pay $2.00 a bar.
August 11th, 2009, 11:33 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I've found those at Fresh Market before; they are quite good. And I'm sure you know about the British import store in Greensboro: http://www.shopenglandonline.com/pickup2.html
August 12th, 2009, 2:06 am
Jonathan

rwittner wrote:I get Aeros all the time at our local Indian restaurant. They only carry the regular, not the mint. Hey, Liv, should I ask the owner if he can order a box of the mint? (If he can, he'll do it.)

I will say that the mint Aero is an amazing candy bar, but *nothing* beats the Coffee Crisp!

Imagine a big Kit Kat bar, but with coffee-flavored cream between the wafers! Absolutely delicious and NOWHERE to be found around here. I keep bringing back boxes of them every time I go to Toronto.

COFFEE CRISP! I am very certain I've picked those up at one or two convenience stores in Burlington. If I figure out where, I'll PM you.

BTW, welcome to Greensboring.
August 12th, 2009, 6:41 am
Serendipitous

Jonathan wrote:I've found those at Fresh Market before; they are quite good. And I'm sure you know about the British import store in Greensboro: http://www.shopenglandonline.com/pickup2.html

Oh, that is 14 shades of awesome! I had no idea that was here.. I wish they had a bigger selection though.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
August 12th, 2009, 7:26 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Jonathan wrote:I've found those at Fresh Market before; they are quite good. And I'm sure you know about the British import store in Greensboro: http://www.shopenglandonline.com/pickup2.html

No crackin way!!!! I had no idea this existed.... but I guarantee they just increased their business 10 fold!
August 12th, 2009, 8:53 am
Liv

Liv wrote:

No crackin way!!!! I had no idea this existed.... but I guarantee they just increased their business 10 fold!

Do they have the hobnobs that you were looking for?
August 12th, 2009, 9:53 am
Serendipitous

No... well they have the "biscuit" version, but not the "bar" style that you can get at the convient store....

Not sure exactly the differences... but it's more of a rice-krispy treat looking thing....
August 12th, 2009, 10:19 am
Liv

I am out of my Sarson's vinegar too. Add it to the shopping list. Yummm, My HobNob Falapjacks. I'm making myself hungry. Ooohh, so have a hankering for a binging day at the Bourough Market. Oooo, they have these pear/plum tartlets. OMG! :drool: The list goes on for days.
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
August 12th, 2009, 11:57 am
shannon
Try My Cupcakes.

Liv wrote:The mint one is amazing... I love mint anyhow... but this thing... woah!!!!

I'd love to order a box if I don't have to pay $2.00 a bar.

I'll find out and let you know. Ever since seeing those pics, I've had the jones for minty green goodness.
August 12th, 2009, 12:04 pm
rwittner

Serendipitous wrote:
rwittner wrote:I get Aeros all the time at our local Indian restaurant. They only carry the regular, not the mint. Hey, Liv, should I ask the owner if he can order a box of the mint? (If he can, he'll do it.)

COFFEE CRISP! I am very certain I've picked those up at one or two convenience stores in Burlington. If I figure out where, I'll PM you.

BTW, welcome to Greensboring.

Thanks! I found you guys through the Table 16 tastecasting (via Ged from Iconfactory). Nice to be able to talk about things with locals. I'm in beautiful Kernersville (K-Vegas), but spend quite a few of my evenings in GSO.

See you around!

-Rob
August 12th, 2009, 12:06 pm
rwittner

Return to Food