·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

How to save Burger King?

by Liv | Published on October 7th, 2009, 10:58 am | Food
burger_king_save_it.jpg

So Burger King is supposedly in deep doo doo, and in an attempt to rescue itself the "King" has ordered all franchise owners to "off" their own heads, tear down their buildings and build a new empire that looks like the flight deck of the Starship Enterprise:

"I'd call it more contemporary, edgy, futuristic," Chairman and CEO John Chidsey told The Associated Press. "It feels so much more like an upscale restaurant."

But that comes with an upscale price: The new look is expected to cost franchisees, who operate 90 percent of Burger King's locations, between $300,000 to $600,000 per restaurant.

The company said the new design, called "20/20" at the Miami-based chain, is already in place at about 60 locations around the world. Burger King expects about 75 more redesigned restaurants to be open by the end of next year. But it will take years before all its locations are transformed. via

Okay, but isn't the real problem with Burger King, not the architecture... but the food? I mean, seriously. They have a few great menu items, but for the most part, the truth is, they need a better menu. They need a niche again, and it's so right in front of their eyes they couldn't see it if they tried. Create a British themed restaurant. (Della will be p.o'd) "Burger King?" Keep the whopper, and the ham croissant and toss the rest. Get a real breakfast menu with real meats... not that crappy sausage mystery meat that no one can figure out what it is. Your French fries are crap despite what national taste test you've rigged, and the few "trial" sandwiches you've come out with the last few years which were actually good, disappeared in lieu of crappy menu items.

You want to fix Burger King? Hire a good cook. Not some Hollywood type chef, but some mom whose family and neighbors can never get enough of their food. How about instead of emulating Hardees and McDoanld's with their Angus, forget about it. Do your own thing. How about a chili-burger? How about a Del Taco style Breakfast burrito for a breakfast menu? How about chili-cheese fries? How about fish and chips? How about anything food related? Who says "Our business is dieing, let's redecorate?" Oh wait.... "Yeah, my former employer."

I see that I am not the only one who hasn't eaten at BK in quite a while. I do agree that they have failed to differentiate themselves from the other chains. I mean, really, is the Whopper such a novelty these days? I'm not suggesting get rid of it, but adding some other varieties of sandwiches on the menu (other than your standard fast food) would be a good start.
October 7th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Pineview Style

Oh yes they are... beer at Burger King.

Burger King may be number three after McDonalds and Subway in terms of sales in the fast-food restaurant business. But it plans to be the first of the top three chains in at least one area -- serving beer. And I'm not talking about the root beer.

Reports are that Burger King will be serving beer at a location in Miami Beach which will be the first in the chain to serve alcohol. cite
January 22nd, 2010, 7:23 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I went off BK when they withdrew the Mushroom Double Swiss in the U.K
January 23rd, 2010, 2:37 am
smiler125

The chicken sandwich is a joke. Pressed processed chicken parts in an oval shape. Disgusting. Need a better quality of hamburger and sausage; people will notice the difference. The fries need an overhaul. The value portions are a joke - I had 8 fries in my tiny bag. Last year, the breakfast combo prices jumped 20% so I now buy alacarte to save the difference. I don't like the tots anyhoo.
February 17th, 2010, 12:33 pm
Mick

BK has introduced the Pizza Burger:

10-NY-Pizza-Burger-BK-Whopper-Bar.jpg
October 5th, 2010, 10:57 am
Liv

I needed a quick meal on the way from Charlotte to Greensboro last night. Had a hankering for a Burger King fish sandwich. I seemed to recall that there were a fair number of BK signs along the way, so I kept a watch out. There was only ONE marker between those two cities advertising a Burger King on the main interstate, in Lexington. And THAT turned out to be like 8 miles from the exit.

I think BK is going to die soon. Along with the only fish sandwich I ever liked from a fast food place. :evil:
October 9th, 2010, 4:59 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: Along with the only fish sandwich I ever liked from a fast food place. :evil:

Oh, I'm a fan of McDonald's fish. Nothing like it in the world. Never been big on any other restaurant franchise's fish sandwich.
October 9th, 2010, 8:57 am
Liv

How not to save Burger King:

Ewww!
October 24th, 2010, 8:48 am
Liv

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I needed a quick meal on the way from Charlotte to Greensboro last night. Had a hankering for a Burger King fish sandwich. I seemed to recall that there were a fair number of BK signs along the way, so I kept a watch out. There was only ONE marker between those two cities advertising a Burger King on the main interstate, in Lexington. And THAT turned out to be like 8 miles from the exit.

I think BK is going to die soon. Along with the only fish sandwich I ever liked from a fast food place. :evil:

The stores in Charlotte, the triad, Charleston SC, and Miami are ALL corporate stores. Stay away, as far as you can, from corporate owned BK stores. They don't hold their stores to very near at all to the standards they hold the franchisees.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
October 24th, 2010, 1:45 pm
BecauseHeLives

Return to Food