·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

How to make the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey

by Liv | Published on November 22nd, 2009, 2:34 pm | Food
As Sanjuro has pointed out: If there's one thing Liv likes it's to eat. I shove my throat upon first glance with anything edible. So a Holiday like Thanksgiving must be my favorite, right? Actually no. I do however look forward to a slow cooked turkey, stuffing, rolls and tons of other food to go with it. It's the one day a year where I risk everything as a diabetic and attempt to break out of the triple digits in my sugar readings.

best_turkey_recipe.jpg

Anywho, I know there's a lot of people out there always trying to impress the family with the perfect Turkey for Thanksgiving.... and I know there's a lot of different recipes out there. A lot of them are still valid, but I have a secret for making the perfect Thanksgiving turkey. I learned this trick about 10 years ago, and have never looked back since.

How To:

It's very similar to a French Roux, in that you let the Turkey cook for awhile then extract the juices from the pan with a ladle or a turkey baster. Then mix in a pan with flour and your seasonings. (Like S&P, Cayenne, Paprika, Garlic, etc.) Stir it all up with a fork and create a paste. Then brush on the turkey with a brush. You should have tons of the roux paste left in your pan.... save it. Then put your turkey back in the oven, bake some more, and then once that cooks awhile, repeat the process with the leftover roux. When you're done you should have a crispy outer layer on the turkey that holds in the turkey's juices and provides a seasoned crispy outer crust. It's absolutely amazing!

thanksgiving_recipe_seasoning.jpg

To make the perfect turkey you need the perfect male turkey and the perfect female turkey. You then put them in a pen together with some romantic music and wait. (music is optional, but it beats artificial insemination - from the turkey's point of view anyway)
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
November 22nd, 2009, 5:49 pm
A Person

Just wait till we can have Thanksgiving with a dino chicken!
November 22nd, 2009, 7:54 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food