·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Fresh Market... You SUCK!

by Liv | Published on May 6th, 2010, 2:05 pm | Food
mille_feuille.jpg
mille_feuille.jpg (88.24 KiB) Viewed 806 times

Is there a single decent bakery in Greensboro? When I mean decent, I mean one where I can get a French pastry which half way resembles a true French pastry? I've been searching. Been to Delicious, Gnom Gnom, The Fresh Market and no where can I find a decent napoleon. Napoleon as in a mille-feuille.

I thought I may have lucked out when I walked into Fresh Market and looked through the case to find something labeled "Napoleon" in the case. I bought 3 at a whopping $4.00 a piece to find out they're processes cake crap that tastes nothing like what I had in Paris. Furthermore I'm no virgin to all this. We commonly made these when Shan worked on the west coast at a prestigious bakery. Whatever the Fresh Market has... isn't a napoleon. They were dried out, and filled with the wrong flavors.

All I want is a real French mille-feuille. I'm taking suggestions.

I don't know if they bake pastries, but I've had a couple of cakes that justify their name, have you tried Delicious?

http://delicious-cakes.com/
May 6th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Roch

Yep, went to Delicious... had a lovely blondie.... but no Napoleon..... It's my mission to find one. Surely Greensboro must have a decent French pastry shop somewhere?????
May 6th, 2010, 5:46 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Yep, went to Delicious... had a lovely blondie.... but no Napoleon..... It's my mission to find one. Surely Greensboro must have a decent French pastry shop somewhere?????

We hear in merica dont lik nuttin frenchy! Go bak oder the pond commie!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
May 6th, 2010, 7:52 pm
BecauseHeLives

Unfortunately, the Triad is a wsteland when it comes to decent pastries, with the exception of a couple of Mexican bakeries. Mozart's Bakery in Columbus, Ohio does a decent Napolean and will ship. good luck
May 6th, 2010, 8:00 pm
AJ

BecauseHeLives wrote:We hear in merica dont lik nuttin frenchy! Go bak oder the pond commie!

Gladly.... LOL!!!
May 6th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Liv

Does Simple Kneads do one?
May 8th, 2010, 7:24 am
marilouhoo

Dunno... but I will check them out this week and find out... Thanks for the suggestion....

The way it's looking, I guess I might just have to fly back to France. Oh darn.
May 8th, 2010, 9:04 am
Liv

marilouhoo wrote:Does Simple Kneads do one?

No they don't... I tried today... they do have several stoned guys working there.... very odd experience it was.
September 28th, 2010, 1:59 pm
Liv

Come and visit, I'll take you to Manuel Latruwe's

They're as good as anything I've had in Europe. Not cheap but worth it.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
October 1st, 2010, 12:33 am
A Person

Oh that looks to die for....

Want so bad....
October 1st, 2010, 6:46 am
Liv

Return to Food