·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

The Most Awesomest Polish Deli in Greensboro

by Liv | Published on May 27th, 2010, 2:47 pm | Food
integro_polish_store.jpg

The Most Awesomest Polish Deli in Greensboro.

Techinically I think it's the only one, but we were searching on Google last night for German, and French stores or delis in the area, and it appeared that none existed. (except Raleigh) Then we happened upon Integro European Deli in Jamestown (Greensboro), and knew we had found a winner. It's a Polish deli right in the Adam's Farm Shopping Center. It's a small quaint little import store that could be right at home in the Polish countryside. Imported sweets, Polish meats and cheeses, Pierogies, white wine sauerkraut, kabanos, and lots of new experiences for your taste buds.

polish_german_deli_greensboro.jpg

We got so excited when we entered the place we could hardly contain ourselves. It's like a drug to us. We'd much rather be abroad (there's a license plate for ya!) but if we have to deal with our captivity here in the boro, it makes the withdrawal less painful if we obtain an occasional high from something foreign. Out pops a wonderful accented Polish lady who gave us samples and rang us up answering all our questions.

My main goal was to obtain some landjagers which as the woman explained, the closest in Polish is the pork based Kabanos. I had her wrap some up. We also got a pound of sauerkraut fermented in white wine. We taste tested it there, and couldn't believe how mad good it was. May have been the best sauerkraut ever. No serious... get there, try it. You won't be disappointed. We got some cheese which we don't recall the name of, but can honestly say is amazing, a wafer candy, some Polish sugar, and Shan found some currant for her Belgian recipes.

Integro is a freaking gold mine in Greensboro for us Euro-longing types. I can't believe I never knew it was there. Even better, is if I enroll in school this fall, I'll be a few short miles from the place. I believe me and the Polish Deli are going to become really close friends over the next few months...

5710 High Point Rd # Ff
    Greensboro, NC 27407
    (336) 292-2888

Sounds like someplace I need to check out. The other day we were talking about how we haven't visited Super G Mart in a while.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
May 28th, 2010, 8:10 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

We went to Super G a few weeks back looking for something... a big fat woman back in the flea market section decided to call me fat. I'm like WTF? "you're bigger than me?" Yeah... go to Integro... you'll love it!
May 28th, 2010, 2:05 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I meant to pay them a visit on Friday, but got sidetracked, combing the entire Greensboro haystack to find a needle. I went home with a few used treasures from Edward McKay, but no needle.
June 7th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Unfortunately it's permanently closed now. Went there last Saturday and there was a sign on the door saying to go to Polonez in Raleigh instead, ugh.
August 17th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Guest wrote:Unfortunately it's permanently closed now. Went there last Saturday and there was a sign on the door saying to go to Polonez in Raleigh instead, ugh.

No effin way! I was telling someone today about this place... I'll have to drive by it tomorrow.... that really sucks.
August 18th, 2010, 12:02 pm
Liv

Indeed. Drove by it on the way home today... The shop is empty. The curse of High Point Road strikes again.

Bummer.
August 20th, 2010, 2:29 pm
Liv

Guest wrote:Unfortunately it's permanently closed now. Went there last Saturday and there was a sign on the door saying to go to Polonez in Raleigh instead, ugh.

i just wanted to let everyone now that Polonez Euro Food Mart in Raleigh has pretty much everything the same as Integro, they stores are related to each other, the only thing is Polonez doesnt cut or slice. But you can find same product as you were used to if you dont mind the drive. Tel. 919-790-1466, web www.myeurofoodmart.com
September 29th, 2010, 10:58 am
marta

Awesome, I'll check it out next time I'm in the neighborhood!
September 29th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Liv

Return to Food