·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Surf & Turf at San Luis Mexican Restaurant, Greensboro, NC

by Liv | Published on October 8th, 2010, 8:30 am | Food
san luis ii greensboro.jpg
san luis ii greensboro.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 390 times

I don't say this very often, but if you haven't been to San Luis Mexican Restaurant in Greensboro- then go. It's simply amazing. I still stand by saying that Carniceria Mercadito has the best tacos in town, but if you want a sit-down Mexican restaurant with a twist, then San Luis is the best tasting Mexican I've ever had in North Carolina so far.

San Luis Mexican Restaurant offers diners warm hospitality and mouth-watering cuisine that will not easily be forgotten.

What's the twist? It's the fact this place is a seafood and steak grill too. I ordered some sort of Texano Burrito which was filled with steak and shrimp, veggies and creamy Mexican melting cheese. It was out of this world. It's like Kabuto, (or your typical Japanese steak house) but for Mexican food.

Horribly, I don't have pictures. I didn't intend on writing a review. It was a total surprise. I had bought some restaurant.com coupons and decided to try it because we had the $25.00 gift certificate. You can too if you like:

$25.00 gift certificates for $10.00 at Restaurant.com

I will warn, the prices are a bit expensive. We ended up around $45 before the gift certificate with 3 margaritas and 2 adult dishes, and two child dishes. All together after the coupon and the gratuity we ended up around $27.00 which if you look at it from that perspective, isn't too bad. But it's really good.

Shan ordered a similar dish to mine except it was sans the tortilla. (I'm told if you ask for corn tortillas they're made fresh daily.) It was like a surf and turf plate of steak, crap, and cockles all gooed up in a cheesy mess. Topped with salsa, lettuce and tomato it was darn good. (I stole a bite.)

The staff was super friendly, and they treated our children like gold referring to them as "friend" or "little friend" in Spanish and serving their every need.

Was very impressed, and definitely will go back.

San Luis II Steak & Seafood Grill & Mexican Restaurant
    4207 High Point Rd
    Greensboro, NC
    (336) 617-5508

La carne es asesinato.
October 9th, 2010, 3:22 am
jinxmap

The meat is murder? or The meat is killer?
October 9th, 2010, 8:55 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

cangrejo es tan buena como la mierda??
October 10th, 2010, 6:58 pm
SaitLou

Le chien bon gout.
October 11th, 2010, 2:10 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

misma cosa
October 12th, 2010, 6:29 pm
jinxmap

Return to Food