·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Vernors Ginger Ale Soda Pop

by A Person | Published on January 9th, 2010, 10:36 am | Food
Questioner wrote:
Liv wrote:Winn Dixe??? The chain went Bankrupt up here, and Food Lion is useless.

Food lion!! I thought all grocery stores in the South were called by the rather odd name "Piggly Wiggly".

Still, for stupid grocery store names, you can't beat Colorado. Their Kroger store is called the "King Sooper" for God's sake! It doesn't carry Vernors either.

British Columbia has "Overwaitea Foods"

A Person wrote:
Questioner wrote:
Liv wrote:Winn Dixe??? The chain went Bankrupt up here, and Food Lion is useless.

Food lion!! I thought all grocery stores in the South were called by the rather odd name "Piggly Wiggly".

Still, for stupid grocery store names, you can't beat Colorado. Their Kroger store is called the "King Sooper" for God's sake! It doesn't carry Vernors either.

British Columbia has "Overwaitea Foods"

What were they thinking?????
January 9th, 2010, 6:14 pm
Questioner

Hey that's a good deal on pork ribs now.... Wow!
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
January 9th, 2010, 8:49 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Is verner's soda pop the same as Ginger Ale? I am sick, and was told to go get Ginger Ale. I didn't have my glasses with me, just saw the word Ginger and grabbed it...I dont want to be drinking pop, I need Ginger Ale..
May 27th, 2010, 2:55 pm
[email protected]

Ginger Ale is a pop aka a carbonated soft drink... it is not an Asian ginger tea, however, Vernor's is an entirely alternative tasting Ginger Ale. It's like you have ginger ale, and then you have Vernors. It's like the black label scotch of ginger ale. You never go back.
May 27th, 2010, 3:27 pm
Liv

they sell vernor's in the harris teater on battleground ave (near the steak and shake and target)- the guy in charge of ordering the food for the store is also a northern transplant.

They actually don't have vernor's all over the northeast- it's only in the midwest. I grew up in the northeast and never heard of it until I met my husband and we went to visit his parent's in indiana. They stop selling it around pittsburgh in regular grocery stores.
September 11th, 2010, 5:26 pm
Lostreality

I was raised in Michigan along the Detroit River around Trenton. As a baby my baby bottle was filled with Vernors since it was better for you than milk. We never thought there would be a day without "Vernors Pop".

After school I moved to the West Coast where I worked in the aerospace/outer space industry until I retired. We settled on S. C. to put down. Really glad we did because I found Vernors at Wal Mart but that didn't last long. Then I found Vernors at a grogery store, PUBLIC and eleven years later they are still selling Vernors. I, as others have said on different web sites, there is not a better pop/soft drink better than Vernors. I have found that it depends as to which part of the country you are in whether Pepsi (or Coke, etc.)is called pop or soft drink.

You fill a glass with vanilla ice cream and add Vernors and you have a get well mixture. I gave it to my 4 children, then to my grandkids and finally to my great grandson. When I was still working one day my secretary called in sick with a cold and I asked if she had any Vernors and vanilla ice cream. She had never heard of Vernors. I advised my boss that I would be out of the office going to M----'s house to give her some medicine. I stopped at a market, bought the things I needed and took my supplies to M----'s house. She said I couldn''t come in or I would get sick. She took the supplies and went to her kitchen and I talked her thru the mixing and said good by and told her to get well and take as long as she needed to get well. She came to work the next day feeling great.
I have a propossition for all you Vernors lovers who can't find any; How about everyone who likes Vernoors e-mail, write letters, telephone Wal mart until they start carring Vernors again. Look what one precher did during the past two weeks or so. How about it.
September 16th, 2010, 6:36 pm
hermanna

Questioner wrote:
Liv wrote:I remember that from when we almost moved there! There was also some burger joint in Denver, all over the city... with the best darn burgers, but I can't remember the name.

Hmmm, how long ago was that? I don't see anything but the franchises around Denver now. Oh geeze! I wonder if you are talking about a strange hamburger place I've seen on Colorado Blvd. Can't remember the name, but it is built like an "A" with its room sharply slanted and going all the way to the ground. I've only seen one of them, but it has been there a long time. I'll try and find it the next time I drive up that road.
September 16th, 2010, 6:42 pm
hermanna

Dad has advised me they server Vernor's at the Fishers Grille.
November 18th, 2010, 7:53 am
Liv

Return to Food