| 
Life
 | 
Greensboro
 |  Secularity |  Blog

Cook-Out Restaurant - Cooked Outdoors Style

by Liv | Published on December 13th, 2005, 9:25 am | Food

cookout_official_website.jpg

Cook-Out Burger is a small chain of 62 privately owned, "charcoal grilled" themed, hyper-local, double lane drive-thru restaurants started in 1989 by former Wendy's employee Morris Reaves and his wife in Greensboro, NC. The business was incorporated in 1990, and often hides religious themed messages in its packaging.

The Urban Legend of the First Cookout wrote:It all started at a Wendy's Franchise on High Point road when a young burger flipper got in a row with his manager. At the peak of the dispute the manager snarkly suggested that "If the you think you can make a better burger why don't you go open up your own restaurant?" This was the catalyst which by the burger boy became so upset that he then ripped off his shirt, threw it at his manager and said "I will." He then walked out, bought a small drive-thru on Randleman road, and by the faith of God (as they say) started Cookout.

They claim "cooked outdoors style", and the restaurant has become synonymous with the words "Greensboro" and "lunch", but in all my times in going to this lovely establishment, I have never seen anyone cooking outside. Is it a conspiracy? Even more questions have to be asked of the High Point road location which is directly across from the dog kennels?

Bark. Bark. Sizzle sizzle.

But what constitutes "cooked outdoors?" At my house this would generally lead you to believe, that everything would be burnt, smell like lighter fluid, and probably has fallen into the coals a few times and then wiped off before it made its way to your plate. At Cookout it's a Chargrilled patty with grillmarks similar to Burger King's Flame Broiled, but without flash-frozen patties. It's odd when you go to restaurant and notice the beef actually looks like ground beef. Somehow in the madness of American fast food, we've substituted beef with a gray patty of beef like fat. Not so at Cook-out, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the meat mom used to make.

The best part of Cook-Out is the oddity factor in their menu. Two of my favorites is the "steak style" and "western style" cheese burgers, but many others exist. Unlike other fast food places, instead of just having "a cheeseburger" Cookout offers their burgers in flavors.

They've taken southern comfort food and serve it to you in your vehicle with absolutely no legal disclaimer of how horribly messy it is. You'll come schlepping back from your lunch break with onions in your teeth, A-1 on your cheek, and bad, bad, breath that certainly will clear the board room meeting very quickly. They've mastered high calorie, fat loaded, southern deep-fried food like no other burger chain.

Overall cookout gets a pretty good grade from me. Cheap, good, and unique. But the one reason that makes Cookout a step above the rest is, that it's the only restaurant where you can order chili-cheese fries and have it come in a foot-long hot dog box (also known as the fry boat), and it requires 4 other people to help you finish it.

cookout_burger.jpg

Cook Out Bible Verses Found on product wrappers
      Cups:
      John 3:16
      God Bless America

French Fry Wrappers:
      Galatians 6:10

Bags:
      THANK YOU GOD FOR AMERICA
      Psalms 119:165

cookout_burger_restaurant_menu.jpg
Cookout Menu, courtesy of Keith

Thank you Jesus for Cook-Out.

Cookout corporate headquarters
    Morris Reaves, Owner
    Jeremy Reaves, CEO
    108 Interstate Drive
    Archdale, NC 27263
    (336) 431-1094

Cookout locations typically open around 11 a.m. and closes between 3 and 4 a.m.

There is a brand new empty Sonic building in Biscoe, NC. with a children's playground. I would love to see Cookout set up there. Sonic was in business there for only about a year. My opinion as to why it shut down is because the prices were too high for food that wasn't that good. Biscoe is a small, but rapidly growing little town and I believe Cookout would do great there. There is no competition to worry about as far as the milkshakes go. I mean look at how many flavors Cookout offers. Behind the shutdown Sonic is a Walmart, McDonalds, Cato, Radio Shack, Movie Gallery, Shoe Show and Subway. And then there is a Hardee's about a mile from there. And that is about it for Biscoe. So it's not much competition, and yet at the same time, there is enough other stuff to keep it in business for a small town of Biscoe. The Walmart there is doing great and the other businesses are also. So I think Cookout would too. The location and size of the recently closed Sonic would be perfect for Cookout. I really hope Cookout considers that and hope they come to town. We love Cookout!
carrie

I remember when the first Cook-Out opened on Randleman Road and I was able to enjoy the greatness that is a "Cook-Out Oreo Milkshake" ---- unbelievable.
nemat

AIRWICKAIRWICK wrote:Interestingly for customers who don't share the owner's religious superstitions, the french fry bag quote, Galatians 6:10 reads, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." LOL, i guess we are second class customers. Oh well, I will be a customer no longer :)

Just be grateful that they didn't use Ephesians 5:1 -- "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children" Imagine the fun that would have started! :twisted:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Chick-fil-a does something similar except they tone it down to "morals" instead of blatent religious references.

I wonder if that's an individual owner doing that or something company wide? Which Cook Out was it?
Matt

righthnd wrote::lol:
If it helps y'all Cook Out was started in TX.. its main office is in Fla. Also it is a christian based business, there are 27 stores; a few more are about to be opened. if u would like to know how I know all this ; my sons work for cook-out and have for over 6yrs in w-s, nc. they both know the owner Jeremy, he is in his 20's; his father started the restaurant and gave it to his son. but u r right the food is great!!!! hope this helps y'all out.
Dani
w-s, NC

lol you are right about main office but to bust your bubble it was not started in Texas it was started right hear in Greensboro, NC Randelman rd back in 87' then 2 stores opened in Daytona Beach FL they closed down and moved one of those stores to the current location on High Point rd in 91-92'
jamie

Good luck getting a full bag of large fries there. While all their food is excellent, they are ripping off by skimping on the portions. This happens regularly on the fries, a paltry little handful of those delicious fries in a giant bag.

Raise the danged prices and fill 'er up! I'll pay for it. The stuff is good, but if it says "large", make it large!

Going back to Beef Burger on Lee, home of the "if you're drunk, eat somewhere else." At least they give a fair portion there.
skinnyfrenchfry

I would go there a lot more often if they would start a damn website. Their menu is so big and involved that a car will sometimes sit there WAY longer than they should have to, and if there are a group of people, FORGET ABOUT MOVING THIS CENTURY!

I think their business would increase at least 25% if they did this. Traffic would move faster, and there is a chance someone might order more because they would be able to take their time and peruse the menu at their leisure.
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I want to know why they can't expand out of North Carolina, even to South Carolina. I have to drive 70 miles to get to the closest cookout and it's KILLING me. Once you've had one of cookouts AMAZING milkshakes you are hooked for life. I made my boyfriend drive me the 70 miles to cookout one weekend cause I was craving a shake so bad.
agard4

Cook Out's peanut butter banana milkshake is a thing of beauty. I can barely speak of it without getting flushed and teary-eyed.
Emerald

Apparently you unfortunate few haven't had the privilege of eating or dining at an establishment that prepares your food to order fresh and hot off a grill. To be more precise, their is only one fast food establishment that makes food to order and that's WENDYS. Nothing more needs to be said.. And another thing, that's one sad looking example of a hamburger to be used to advertise to the general public.
kappaj68

AIRWICKAIRWICK wrote:Is Cook Out run by another bunch of dumb baptist fundies?

I made a late nite trip to the fast food restaurant "Cook Out" on Capital Blvd, Raleigh yesterday. I noticed this business has taken to adorning its paper products with religous verses and little blurbs about god and America.

I found "John 3:16" & "God Bless America" printed on its cups, "God Bless the USA" & Galatians 6:10 printed on its french fry bags, and "THANK YOU GOD FOR AMERICA" & Psalms 119:165 printed on its full size bags.

Interestingly for customers who don't share the owner's religious superstitions, the french fry bag quote, Galatians 6:10 reads, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." LOL, i guess we are second class customers. Oh well, I will be a customer no longer :)

Yeah, we just got a Cookout in the Cleveland (Holy Roller) area of Garner, NC. The foods good, but this is the exact reason we are moving away from NC. These people can drop dead with their Holy Roller Crap and morals that only go as far as crackin over their neighbors and then crackin their neighbors. These people suck and are the most snobs I have ever met. All be damned in Garner.
N.C. No Longer

I'm from Ohio and recently came through NC on vacation. Stopped at a Cook-Out in Charlotte. Had never been to one before - never even heard of them.

This is a FANTASTIC place! I've read the other posts about people complaining about this or that. Someone was complaining about the smaller portions of food. I for one found that refreshing. For something like $3.99 I received a burger, fries and cole slaw. And then a fabulous shake on top of that! As Americans we have gotten fatter and fatter because the size of portions keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm a big guy and I thought it was just right.

Wendy's???????? Are you kidding me? They don't compare.

And keep in mind that I'm not a local, plugging my local company. I'm from Ohio.

I was very impressed with Cook-out. So much so that I went online to find where they were from and where I could find one around here. Unfortunately, there are none.

So be grateful with what you have. This one of the better chains to come along in quite awhile.

I guess just feel sorry for me. :(
King

Hey I feel the same about construction! Well that's after I crammed 5 days of work on my house into 3 but still, that's not a career I'd do well with.
Matt

BecauseHeLives wrote:Liv... If they unionized Cook-Outs and a $3.99 meals now costs $5.49 would you still go there as much?

Yes. I don't go there because... I'm fat, and unless it's Moe's I just don't do fast food anymore....

But, Yes... I'd be happy to pay an individual more, and support an industry that's respectful to it's employees.

I take alot of things into consideration before making purchases, and try to make the best decision I can.
Liv
Just sit there and watch me!

jeremy reaves owns cookout and doesnt believe in advertising[word of mouth is his way of advertising]&& its privately owned its not a francise

[*][*]actual employees[*][*]
sanford cookout

I'd heard such rave revues about Cook Out; so, I thought I would try it out. I had the worst experience. I had to keep repeating my order which was simple. HB, Fries, L Coke, 2 Chicken Nuggets, 2 L fries, 2 Mr Pibbs. Anway, they told me my order was $12 and some odd cents. They handed my grandaughter the bag, and 2 drinks. I asked where my coke was, she said "you want another coke?' I said no, I want the Coke I ordered all we have are the 2 Mr Pibbs. Then, she charged me $2 and some odd cents, and said she was sorry. Then, when we got home I only had 2 order of fries, and the burger was sloppy and awful. Was this just a bad day or all the people who have left positive feedback on this site employees or just not used to good food. It was bad service and bad food. It might be cheap, but you get what you pay for. Money comes too hard today to waste it.
unhappy customer

to: unhappy customer:

Which Cookout did you go to? I find variance between them all, and also plenty of variance depending on when I go. Cook Out to me is OK, but it just isn't consistent. The Cook-Out on Summit Ave in Greensboro usually has some error with my order, but the McDonalds next door has a far worse error rate with me. To this end, when I get to the window to pay, I always ask the person helping me to re-confirm my order, just to make sure that they haven't missed anything - before I pay. Sometimes I get a bit of "attitude", sometimes I don't. Even this is not error-proof, as the last two Saturday mornings through the McDonalds drivethrough on Summit Ave in Greensboro - they got the order wrong in the end and I had to go in and get it fixed.

Plus at one point the Summit Ave CookOut was featured on News2's Restaurant Report - excessive number of flies I think scored them a C, though they have an A rating now.
mwooldri

We would love to see one pop up in canada,maybe in the toronto or ottawa,ontario area.We were up in Raliegh,N.C and stopped in at the Cook out there and were immediatley hooked on there amazing milkshakes.The burgers were exactly like ne we would grill up at home over charcoal,and after 3 weeks of restaraunt food it was a real treat to find that place.Would love to know what company owns this francise and if there are any plans for any here in Canada.Great place to eat and a really big change from the wendy and mcdonalds "fast food" chains.
Canada_Girl

Has anyone noticed the rip off of Cook Out: Backyard Burgers?

Apparently they couldn't even come up with something unique.... quite shocking.... food still to be determined.
Liv

I live in New Bern, NC. We discovered how incredible Cook Out was when we lived in Sanford, NC a couple of years ago. We were headed to Greenville today and I discovered this site while trying to find the address to the Cook Out's there.
Since everyone was wondering about a menu, I asked and they were out. Luckily I took a couple of photos while going through the drive thru .......Enjoy!!!
Keith

Keith

bob
Sanjuro wrote:Yeah, thats right, I'm drudging up this old post.

Has anybody figured out who owns these, or why there is no website yet?

They do have the best 'fast food' anywhere. But the company is remaining way too quiet.. makes me wonder if they aren't owners of something else as well.

Thoughts? Let's hear the wacky conspiracy theories!! :mrgreen:

actualy i can help you with that..It is owned by one gentleman who does not own a bunch of other restaurants..Cookout is the one and ownly restaurant he owns..He owns another business but does not own another restaurant..
bob

i used to work there when they say cooked out doors style they mean over a chargrill like out doors they never cook em on a flat grill they just hold em to stay warm but if its held to long its discarded so you are guranteed freshness just look at the burger next time youll see the grill marks
Redwork rabbit

Having worked as a GM for Morris with Jeremy as my Asst Manager back when their was only 3 stores .
I can say any problems at any paticular store is due to the Management of that store .

Cookout was back then and is today a fast food company that believes in Freshness ,cleanleness,friendly employees.
But as in all businesses and life ,You will come across situations that are below those standards.

Last I talked to Jeremy , the office is now in Archdale 431-1094
But you will have an almost impossible task of catching him there.
Jeremy was and is a workaholic as was I .
He's up early and on the road working till late to always grow and improve the company and employees .

Cheddar Style Burgers & Chickens were my ideas at High Point Road
Glad to see the Ft Long Chili Chreese fries are still around , I that started at Battleground.
I also started a Mega shake at Battleground 32 oz

A&T homecomings were the bomb in those days

Oh well enough of the past
Ed Poole

Ed Poole wrote:Glad to see the Ft Long Chili Cheese fries are still around , I that started at Battleground.

So I guess a thank you is in order for my many High School years of eating these things....

You're also to blame for the extra thigh fat too....

Oh well...

Bravo, either way!!!
Liv

Sorry about the thigh fat L O L

But Cookout food is in a class of its own for taste .

New Cook-Out is being built in Wilmington, NC FINALLY! We have alot of students here from the Greensboro area. Can't wait until they open.
chagel

babs wrote:We left Greensboro last summer and now live in the Dallas area. Lately my husband has been jonesin'(Black folks speak for craving intensely)a Cook-Out style hamburger and keeps asking me to find out about franchise information. Can anyone help a sister out??? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. TIA!

the owner does not want it to be a franchise. it is only in north carolina. and he does not plan on expanding it any further than that.

Greensboro, NC -- Police are looking for a man accused of robbing a fast food restaurant with a handgun.

Greensboro Police say someone driving a white Cadillac pulled up to place an order at the Cook Out on High Point Road around 2:00 am Monday.

A clerk working inside the drive-thru-only style restaurant says the driver pulled out a hand gun and pointed it through the window. The driver then leaned into the window and took the cash drawer, according to the clerk.

The car was last seen driving toward Groometown Road. Witnesses say the tag number was WGN-3681.

God I'm glad I don't work over there anymore... I use to frequent this one...

"I'd like one cheddar style, one chili cheese fry, one snicker shake.... oh and GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY!!!!"
Liv

at Keith: I am interested in co-owning a business here in the Roanoke Virginia area; we do not have one of your establishments here. I recently visited your resturant there and I was quite inpressed and very much interested in the possibilty of becoming one of your investors. I am looking forwards to speaking with one of your advisors. My contact number is: 1-540-588-7176 My email address is: [email protected]
TFAL

Please let me know when and where to look for these in Asheville, NC. I was told there were "stores" coming to Asheville. Would love to have an opportunity to work for you.
[email protected]

[email protected] wrote:Please let me know when and where to look for these in Asheville, NC. I was told there were "stores" coming to Asheville. Would love to have an opportunity to work for you.

Give it another couple of years u will see one there . slowly but surely it will come
THERE are about 65 stores in North Carolina at this time and more to come.
worker on the inside

I had to be in Raleigh yesterday and went to the Cook Out over by State's Centennial Campus . Ordered the " spicy chicken sandwich" and Wahoowa! It was HOT! Hot like the spice/heat on the chicken ( probably marinated before frying) and the batter in which it was fried came from habaneros, not wussy jalapeno peppers.
It was fantastic!!!!! Employees at that branch were super-nice too
C. Alice

Don't the use like Hot Pete or something on it??????

Never liked that incarnation....
Liv

Liv wrote:Don't the use like Hot Pete or something on it??????

Never liked that incarnation....

The sandwich had no hot sauce on it at all- the heat was in the chicken itself. It was teh yummm.

BTW, did you mean " Texas Pete", the faux hot sauce abomination from Winston Salem?
C. Alice

The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.
"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
September 4th, 2009, 6:35 pm
C. Alice

The rapture has NOT already happened. There is plenty of good Christians. Maybe you're not looking for them in the right places. It sounds like you would enjoy finding a good church that preaches only from the bible and develop some close Christian relationships. I don't know what I would do without my Sunday school class (friendships and fellowship) church family.
You pray to GOD, in private or public because you want a relationship with GOD. You don't pray just so someone can watch you do it.
katedrn

Yeah I've been working at Cookout for awhile,
it's an awesome place to work and the management is amazing,
they deffinately treat you like a person rather than just another employee and the food is amazing as well.
I would recomend Cookout to anyone who likes food because the only reason i wanted a job there was because i loved their food.
Cookout employees put up with a lot of crap from people too,but we have good policies on how to react to complaints and what not.
-peace-
Guest......

katedrn wrote:The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.
"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
September 4th, 2009, 6:35 pm
C. Alice

The rapture has NOT already happened. There is plenty of good Christians. Maybe you're not looking for them in the right places. It sounds like you would enjoy finding a good church that preaches only from the bible and develop some close Christian relationships. I don't know what I would do without my Sunday school class (friendships and fellowship) church family.
You pray to GOD, in private or public because you want a relationship with GOD. You don't pray just so someone can watch you do it.

You miss the sarcasm that Alice tries to use. Alice is a militant atheist that would like nothing more than to step on a Christian's neck. And the quote that he "quotes" me as saying is completely false. Alice is an angry liar that hates the God that he denies exists.
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
You miss the sarcasm that Alice tries to use. Alice is a militant atheist that would like nothing more than to step on a Christian's neck. And the quote that he "quotes" me as saying is completely false. Alice is an angry liar that hates the God that he denies exists.

Yeah "militant"... shes REAL militant cause BHL says so. Thus it must be true. Heck, I bet right now she's fueling up her tanks and loading her MP4s for her 45th attack of the day on the Muslim/Judeo/Buddhist/Taoist/Christian sky castle. Pew pew.
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

Yeah "militant"... shes REAL militant cause BHL says so. Thus it must be true. Heck, I bet right now she's fueling up her tanks and loading her MP4s for her 45th attack of the day on the Muslim/Judeo/Buddhist/Taoist/Christian sky castle. Pew pew.

When an atheist subscribes to Christian newsletters in order to "keep the enemy close" then that fits the mold. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody like Alice would actually use force against Christians.
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
When an atheist subscribes to Christian newsletters in order to "keep the enemy close" then that fits the mold. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody like Alice would actually use force against Christians.

I think maybe you're reading too much into things and/or lack a certain sense of irony. Please don't be overzealous with your libelous accusations when they have absolutely no basis in any evidence whatsoever. You're just mad because she seems to have zero tolerance for your nonsense while the rest of us tolerate you because, on occasion, you can be amusing.
Sanjuro

Sanjuro wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

I think maybe you're reading too much into things and/or lack a certain sense of irony. Please don't be overzealous with your libelous accusations when they have absolutely no basis in any evidence whatsoever. You're just mad because she seems to have zero tolerance for your nonsense while the rest of us tolerate you because, on occasion, you can be amusing.

Uh.. the evidence is in "her" writings.
BecauseHeLives

Cookout just opened beside my apartment complex conveniently right beside my building. I LOVE LOVE cookout its wonderful! And thankkk you for having it right beside my apartment. At around 3 am on the weekends there are at least 25 people waiting in line outside to order after coming home from downtown. It is so wonderful to know that I can be studying and want a reece's cup milkshake with extra reece's cups at 2 and I can just walk right over and buy it for 2.58 (i think thats how much it is!) it is wonderful.

cookout is.... amazing.
RileyH

Actually Hardees was the first to do fresh made to order, then Wendys then Mcdonalds! Everyone is doing it.. Talk to anyone who has been in mgmt for years and they will tell you!!
neek

How are u doing today my name is Keith Hall and i just moved to California from North Carolina and im interested in buying a franchise I just need to Know the Building fees and we can start making money on the West Coast as well as the east so if possible please send the information needed so we could make it happen [email protected]
Keith Hall Jr

skinnyfrenchfry wrote:Good luck getting a full bag of large fries there. While all their food is excellent, they are ripping off by skimping on the portions. This happens regularly on the fries, a paltry little handful of those delicious fries in a giant bag.

Raise the danged prices and fill 'er up! I'll pay for it. The stuff is good, but if it says "large", make it large!

Going back to Beef Burger on Lee, home of the "if you're drunk, eat somewhere else." At least they give a fair portion there.

why didn't you have them take 'em back...They are not ripping off portions on purpose. Their fry scoop are not made for the paper bags, so some might fall off in the fry bend...Come to the High Point Road store...hint: get the combo tray then check out how many fries you'll get...Lots more!!

Guest wrote:
skinnyfrenchfry wrote:Come to the High Point Road store

Show up in a White Cadillac and get all the fries you want, right?
Liv

neek wrote:Actually Hardees was the first to do fresh made to order, then Wendys then Mcdonalds! Everyone is doing it.. Talk to anyone who has been in mgmt for years and they will tell you!!

Interesting

I've been in managment for years
Hardee's ???

Don't think so

I worked with Hardee's in early 70's
Jr 's and Deluxe
Meat was and is frozen bricks
Hardee's F ed up when they took the char grills out and went to flat grills to be more like Mc Donalds

Managed Wendy's early 80's
Wendy's was the first to make a burger the way you wanted it as you ordered it
The Dave Thomas way
Fresh meat never frozen and in those days pattied at the store daily
Onions were pre -cut as were pickels

Cookout

Slaw is made fresh
Chili is made fresh
Onions are cut fresh
pickles are cut fresh
meat is never frozen
Oreo's are chopped fresh

Guest wrote:Oreo's are chopped fresh

Snickers too?
Liv

CookOut Style hot dog (regular size), regular order of fries and a pineapple banana milkshake. Yep, lunch.
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

OMG, now you're making me hungry.....
Liv

Liv wrote:OMG, now you're making me hungry.....

Well, this is a food thread in the food forum...
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Serendipitous wrote:
Liv wrote:OMG, now you're making me hungry.....

Well, this is a food thread in the food forum...

...and I'm just a girl in the world with hunger.
Liv

Liv wrote:
Guest wrote:Oreo's are chopped fresh

Snickers too?

Use to come pre -packaged already chopped

Oreo's were bought at Sam's Club

Dump a box and hand chopped

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
AIRWICKAIRWICK wrote:Interestingly for customers who don't share the owner's religious superstitions, the french fry bag quote, Galatians 6:10 reads, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." LOL, i guess we are second class customers. Oh well, I will be a customer no longer :)

Just be grateful that they didn't use Ephesians 5:1 -- "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children" Imagine the fun that would have started! :twisted:

I'm sorry for you but the Bible is not a superstition. You've come to late to tell me that. Why can't people just leave things alone and be happy, instead of being so gripy... you must be a very unhappy person.
mmaynard

How is it that a customer orders from the menu, makes substitutions like no onions, mustard instead of mayo on a cheddar style burger, the person taking the order is not paying attention to the customer ordering. I pulled up to the menu and looked at the order screen and it was not rang up right so i notified the employee of the error and took the bag to the back with a discussted look on her face like i did something wrong. She returned with the bag and upon my arrival at home much to my suprise the burger had onions on it. So after trying to look up the phone # for this location in Greensboro i decided to look up the company on the internet. I have come accustomed to eating these burgers but see no reason to continue to be treated like I have done something wrong when it in turn is the employees error and not paying attention when people order their food. I will not go to this location and my never go to another Cook Out location beause I choose not to spend my money at a place of business where customer satisfaction is not taken seriously.
Hungy9

Best burger I've ever had. Thanks for the Bible verses on your paper products. I will be back, luckily we have a cookout in Asheville..... :D Would it be possible to have one put in Waynesville?
Bev

I think Cook-Out is absolutely amazing! I am fortunate enough to live in Denver NC where we have a brand new one with a eat in diner. My whole family is addicted. It is the most affordable place to buy and entire meal for 4.00 . Food is always wonderful and fresh and I do admire that they use their cups and wrappers as a way to be a witness for Jesus Christ! I believe God has blessed the business because they give tribute and credit always to HIM. Kim Parker (Denver NC)

Sing it sister:
Our God is an awesome God he reigns from Heaven above with Chili, mustard and slaw, our God is an awesome God.
Liv

You people need to stop making it roung for someone to express there Beleifs.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:

I'm about to become a NC resident (High Point) and for a year and a half have seen purchases from Cookout on my daughters bank statement - she is a student in the area. I can't wait to try the food - she is a picky eater and if she eats there A LOT, it must be good - be there soon !!!!!
NanaLovey

I eat at Cookout often. I have received extremely good service and I have received not the best service, but have never had a BAD experience. The service I get at Cookout is no different than that received at McDonalds, Wendys', etc. Wendy's food does not taste as good as it use to, so I no longer patronize Wendy's. The prices have increased and the taste has decreased.

I have have out of town guest to accompany me to Cookout and loved it. Glad Durham has one, for my cousin's sake. In the early 90's, I think he would visit Greensboro just for Cookout.

To AIRWICKAIRWICK: I don't think Cookout has suffered any by loosing you as a customer. However, maybe had you continue to patronize Cookout, tht eventually your religious beliefs would change. This is unfortunate, but the power of prayer for you will soon take you where you need and give you a spiritual union.
Just Commenting

cookout_burger.jpg

Went to cookout today. That was the high point of the day as soon after we broke down on Eugene street. Was lovin on my cheerwine float.
Liv

really? what other chain of fast food can you get a freshly made meal fast? and on top of that, what restaurant or fast food chain can you order a combo of food for only $4.25, including a burger (or other), two sides (ranging from wraps to corndogs to fries), and a huge drink with the best crushed ice around? the answer....NO WHERE other than COOKOUT! this place is by far the best fast-food chain ever established and I'm not saying that because I grew up less than five miles from the original location on Randleman Rd in Greensboro! Anytime I go to the location close to where i live now in Charlotte there is always a line for both drive thru windows and the walk-up window! So obviously COOKOUT has a great following!

Guest wrote:a huge drink with the best crushed ice around?

:lol: :lol:

Priceless
A Person

I've got to agree with them... it's that mini-tiny crushed ice.... you just don't get at other places.... Mmmmm crushed baby ice-es.
Liv

I stand corrected. Of course the best frozen water is real powder snow. Unfortunately you can't get it in summer when it would be useful. :lol:
A Person