•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 
You are Here: Food

Bojangle's BoBerry Biscuits

by
beth
Executive Editor
Published on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Call me one of the lucky individuals who had the wonderful opportunity to waste several months of my high school years working at Bojangles. I was a teenager, hopelessly trying to compete with my Greensboro counterparts who where much wealthier then me. The cool thing about Bojangles is I learned the secret to Bo-Berry biscuits. Yes these sweet delectable scone like treats are by far my favorite biscuit product from this Cajun influenced restaurant.

You see the first myth I'd like to bust, is that its actually Blueberries. Its not. Technically its not berries at all. Surprised? Me too. Bojangles actually has this bucket of pellets, yes, you heard me right: pellets. In all seriousness they look just like rabbit food. Long cylindrical pellots. Except they're blue. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what they actually put in these pellots, but they do taste remarkably like blueberries when mixed with the biscuit dough and baked.

The second myth I'd like to bust is that bo-berry biscuits are soft and chewy. When first made, yes- this is true. But by the end of a 12 hour day when we took out the trash, they made perfect baseball size projectiles at Wendorver traffic. I must apologize now for those of you who read this and were victims to recieving a stale Bo-berry biscuit in your sunroof, as you drove by the Wendover Bojangles at three in the morning about 10 years ago. I am a changed woman, and have been banned from making biscuits.

Moderators: SouthernFriedInfidel, schitzy, Matt, Sanjuro