·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Bojangle's Holiday Turkey

by Liv | Published on December 27th, 2005, 9:00 am | Food
bojangles holiday turkey.jpg

Christmas can be a turbulent time, with all the gifts and food. When Mom & Dad arrived Friday of last week, I was at that point of being still without any clear plan of what I was cooking for Christmas. The answer would come a day later when we all went to Bojangles for breakfast. Dad's yearning for a chicken biscuit and southern sweet tea, led us to staring at a menu which proudly displayed a holiday turkey, pre-cooked & seasoned for thirty dollars. Little debate occurred when we placed our order and took home a vacuum sealed turkey ready to be cooked.

Now see, we are only partially lazy. For those of you who want to be completely lazy. You can also purchase sides, a pie, biscuits, & tea for an extra twenty dollars. We decided to order a couple family sides of dirty rice and would make the rest on Christmas.

Dad couldn't be happier as we drove home in the rental mini-van with his pride and joy beside him, that being the Bojangles turkey.

You could tell Bojangles had thought this whole Turkey thing through, by the literature they give you with the turkey. 3 pieces of computer paper, that look like they where printed out on a 1982 Apple II with banner maker.

So Christmas came, and after making some homemade sausage and egg biscuits, we began making dinner. Reading the instructions, we discovered the measly hour and half cooking time was a nice delight, since normally someone has to get up at 5am to start the turkey.

So we started cooking the side-dishes, which included a green bean casserole, my homemade macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, and the pre-purchased dirty rice. With very little efforts we had a delicious feast for Christmas dinner.

The turkey, cooked up deliciously with an odd spicy combination of Cajun seasonings. It's not like their chicken, as you would think it would be, but a very spicy, tangy taste as you might equate with a roasted chicken. Muy Delicioso

For the price and the effort, it was more than worth every dollar. It left more time to play with the kids, and was practically fool proof to cook. Definitely recommended.

Thanks. I had wondered about the Bojangles Turkey. A couple of years ago, we drove over to the old folks home on Thanksgiving to pick up the Wife's Grandma for the trip to the Wife's Mother's house. Nothing was open but the Boston Market. We walked in and ordered our coffees and were entertained by the Turkeys on the Rotisserie. They were about 10 lbs each, and because of the upright way they were trussed, they waived their arms at us as they took their last ride.
December 27th, 2005, 10:50 am
Fecund Stench

Apparently about $180.00 we discovered, and that was going to Wal-Mart. What's sad, is dad already bought the meat and cheese... so technically I bought about $180 worth of condiments.... I'm so glad it's out of the way though and everything is purchased. This year we decided to go Mexican, and have a Mexican Christmas day dinner with Carne Asada Burritos, Rice, 2 types of salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and not to forget some Coronas!!!!

Is it just me though, or does Christmas get more and more expensive every year?
December 23rd, 2008, 10:17 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

That sounds about right
$28.00 Turkey
$6.00 Potatoes
$2.00 Brussel sprouts
$2.00 carrots
$1.00 chesnuts

$18.00 Smoked salmon
$2.00 Cream cheese
$1.00 Capers

$2.00 Brie
$5.00 Stilton
$4.00 Gorgonzola
$1.50 Crackers

$8.00 Ingredients for cake

$80.00 4 bottles wine
$30.00 12 Beers

$190.50
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
December 23rd, 2008, 11:13 am
A Person

I guess we didn't do to bad then....

We also picked up a 6 pack of Guinness and some cat food, and a few minor odds & ends....

Just seems so darn expensive...
December 23rd, 2008, 11:16 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food