·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Burn Energy Drink

by Liv | Published on January 7th, 2006, 3:41 pm | Food

Burn Energy Drink

A couple of nights ago one of the local News stations did a segment which mentioned Burn Energy Drinks, and how it was made here locally in Greensboro.

So I went to their website to check it out for myself. When I got there it shocked me.

No nasty cough-syrup... ...taste here.

"But I love the taste of NyQuil! Its' my favorite."

Burn is the strongest energy drink! With 118mg Caffeine... it has 48% more caffeine then Red Bull or Sobe...

Your kidding me right? This has got to be illegal. It sounds like there is enough caffeine in this stuff to jump start a corpse. "I Want Some!"

Formulated to win

Obviously, the chemical composition of this drink is similar to jet fuel in a Honda, and will make even the weeniest of people, awesome and spectacular.

All I know is I've got to try some of this stuff. As soon as I find where to buy it I'll let you know.

The guy that runs the company has his headqaurters in Southside.
January 7th, 2006, 8:01 pm
Knightrider

I'm going to try to be humble about this, but if I sound way to ecstatic about receiving free stuff just from blogging, then your going to have to forgive me.

I think I first knew the whole blogging thing was way bigger then it was when the Philadelphia newspaper contacted me last spring about using some of what I had written in their paper. Then there was Fox 8 contacting me to get in touch with a Scat rider, and then Daughtry's manager on some fierce email campaign. The truth is blogging does get noticed, people are reading, and I am reaching alot of people. Sometimes as high as 5000 people a day. But it all means squat unless you get free stuff. Yes Free stuff. You know, like the goody bags they give stars at the awards shows?

Well about this time last year I began writing about all the different and unique products we take for granted in our lives, made right here in Greensboro. One of them was an Energy Drink called "Burn" made right here in the boro. It was a short blurb about the insane amount of caffeine in the drink, and I had forgot about it till a few weeks ago when someone at Source energy drinks, the maker of Burn emailed me and said they loved it. Then they asked me the most favorite question I've ever heard in my life? Would you like some free Burn?

HELL YES!!!

6219burn.jpg

Well today it arrived, and I promise a unique and incredible write up on this stuff, as I go where no blogger has gone before. The question is, should I make Burn Cookies, drink it and photo myself? Should I swap my cats water out with the stuff and see their reaction? Oh this is going to be so fun. Stay tuned, because I got free stuff, and Burn is going to get free advertising from me, because they are cool. Now if only Neese's sausage, and Cheerwine would be so cool, I might not have to go to the store again.
September 5th, 2006, 5:57 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I was pitching Burn a few weeks ago myself as part of my buy local campaign, I even suggested boycotting stores that don't sell burn.
September 6th, 2006, 11:40 am
Billy The Blogging Poet

Liv wrote:Then they asked me the most favorite question I've ever heard in my life? Would you like some free Burn?

For those of us that have to pay for it, look for the BURN Energy Drink tent at Get Down!Town Saturday night (Sep 9):

BURN Energy Drink $2/can, 3 cans for $5, 6 cans for $10, or take home a case of BURN or BURN2 for only $35 BURN - Energy for the Good Life!

More info:http://www.getdowntowngreensboro.org/STF_main.html
September 6th, 2006, 2:19 pm
rumface

("I Love Burn" slowed down from baby talk to audible)

A few weeks ago, you'll remember I mentioned Source Energy Drinks had sent me free Burn Energy Drinks. I promised to write about my experience with it since this had to be a good sign that I was now receiving free stuff from blogging. I didn't exactly forget about it, but being sick, having my parents living with me, and work treating me like a Nike factory worker, I had to put it on the back burner.

The first thing I did was try Burn for 3 days to wake up. It was an excellent jump start in the morning compared to my usual Volt or Diet Mountain Dew. The only problem was at about 10AM I fell flat on my face and wanted to go home. No problem right, drink another Burn. Unfortunately my vending machines at work don't have burn, and I was rationing my free supply by leaving it at home. I was like a drug-induced addict. But it didn't really matter since I got a works worth of work done that first day in 3 hours and could just pretend to work the next 7 hours.

The next victim of the free Burn was my mom. Mom has high-blood pressure, and doesn't drink caffeine, ever. The last time she had caffeine was 1976 and it's effects resulted in several laws being passed about riots caused by white women in Toledo Ohio. It wasn't that I meant to give her Burn, it's just that she found one, and decided to try it. I kinda did that whole "bracing to crash" face as she swallowed it and said "Wow this is good." I'm expecting at any moment the woman is going keel over and I'd be calling 911. Then she looks at the can and says "wow this has alot of calories." I'm like mom.... "it has like 10 calories.", she looks over and points to where the can says "enough caffeine we couldn't measure it." I'm like "mom, that's the caffeine." The next 10 minutes involved mom cleaning my whole house, doing all the laundry, mowing the lawn, painting the house and reading the Bible front to back.

Thank you Burn.

The last test subject was my daughter Serenity. She's a little toddler, and has been lethargic since getting the Flu the last few days. While I momentarily debated the ethics of good parenting and giving my child an energy drink, I figured the weeks worth of Vitamin C in the thing might actually be beneficial.

You'll notice she has a bit of a runny nose in these pictures. Not done to gross you out, but hey the kid is like a leaky water faucet.

As you can see the Burn Energy Drink container is the perfect size for your preschool caffeine addict. In fact, you could almost say Source is marketing this fine product to children the way crack dealers did during the Reagan Era. I foresee a broad marketing campaign to get Burn replaced as lunches in cafeteria's across the nation.

The problem arises from Burn's lackluster approach to delivery of the drink. Since I hadn't taught my child to drink out of a can yet, and Burn failed to realize they're going to need "sippy-lids" for kids under 4. It's a big problem that someone in the energy drink business is going to realize and make alot of money from.

The results of my little childhood experiment resulted in Ren writing down exactly how she felt about Burn. Not a very impressive accomplishment until you realize she can't spell yet, let alone write this:
September 18th, 2006, 6:22 am
Liv

Hopefully CPS has a taste for satire.
September 18th, 2006, 7:02 am
Matt

Umm, seriously? You fed that to your toddler? What the hell were you thinking?
September 18th, 2006, 8:27 am
Roch

Of course not. The can is just a prop, I switched out the Burn to her usual Sprite with Rum for the drinking shots.
September 18th, 2006, 9:31 am
Liv

Ah, you joker, you!
September 18th, 2006, 10:18 am
Roch

DUDE, her eyes...I think you drank too much Burn while she was in the womb. You horrible person- look what you've done to this poor child!! Now she has the permanent look of a child with down syndrome!!

God should BURN your soul.
HA HA HA, get it...BURN.
ROFFLECOPTER.

But uh serious, do this kid a favor to prevent years of teasing and get her eyes surgically fixed.
<3 Dreads
November 20th, 2007, 6:06 pm
dreadohdreads

She is. We've been patching for about a year. We anticipate surgery fairly soon, although we're not looking forward to it. In fact, it's much better now...
November 20th, 2007, 7:09 pm
Liv

dreadohdreads wrote:DUDE, her eyes...I think you drank too much Burn while she was in the womb. You horrible person- look what you've done to this poor child!! Now she has the permanent look of a child with down syndrome!!

God should BURN your soul.
HA HA HA, get it...BURN.
ROFFLECOPTER.

But uh serious, do this kid a favor to prevent years of teasing and get her eyes surgically fixed.
<3 Dreads

Liv... can I?
November 20th, 2007, 8:05 pm
Matt

It might confuse them more.
November 21st, 2007, 8:50 am
Liv

Man-o-man.... this is comical.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
November 21st, 2007, 9:10 am
BecauseHeLives

Return to Food