·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Yum Yums Hot Dogs - Greensboro, NC

by Liv | Published on January 11th, 2006, 6:25 pm | Food
yum_yums.jpg
yum_yums.jpg (20.83 KiB) Viewed 4186 times

Every time my mom comes, and we drive by Yum Yums, she recounts a fictitious tale of how I used to ride my bike here when I was a kid. This is when we lived like 8 miles away on Old Oak Ridge road. I'm like Mom, no I didn't. But next year without failure she'll tell me the same thing when we drive by it.

The restaurant whose official name is called Yum Yum Better Ice Cream Company, is easily known by any citizen of Greensboro as simply Yum Yums.

Founded by the Aydelette family, in what began as a simple ice cream cart has evolved into a college hang-out and Greensboro landmark on the campus of UNCG.

On any given day hundreds of students can be seen sitting on the red brick wall, and its plastic tables out front. As one of the few places in Greensboro you can still get a hot dog with chili, mustard, slaw, and onions then top it off with an ice cream cone, no wonder the onomatopoeia of their name is the best description I can think of for the restaurant.

I haven't been in several years, mainly because its not the easiest place to drag two toddlers to; but mark my words, its on my list in the next few months. And no I won't be riding my bike.

Yum Yum Hot Dogs & Ice Cream
1219 Spring Garden St
Greensboro, NC 27403
(336) 272-8284

Return to Food