·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Have a Blessed Day at Taco Bell

by A Person | Published on July 15th, 2008, 11:19 am | Food
He's performing a valuable civic function collecting rogue carts after they have hatched from souvenir snow globes but before they congregate and metamorphose into their third life stage - a shopping mall.

If that happens the Auditors control everything.

Billy The Blogging Poet wrote:So you sell them for scrap metal.

Considering how popular selling manhole covers for scrap is these days (NPR said that Greensboro is 3rd in the nation in manhole cover thefts, IIRC), I should think that shopping carts would be a pretty obvious target. The old metal ones, at least. The cheapie, plastic ones like they have at Wal Mart -- probably not quite so much.
July 15th, 2008, 11:19 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
A Person wrote:If that happens the Auditors control everything.

The auditors control everything anyway. They are the new High Priests.
July 15th, 2008, 11:20 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

I know where a crap load of this are in the woods... (or I did.) I wonder how much they're worth.... Hmmm... Must borrow dad's truck...

Oh, went to Taco Bell for breakfast today and got the Fresco Burrito Supreme which is their low fat stuff.... I loved it, Shannon hated it....
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
July 15th, 2008, 12:06 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
A Person wrote:If that happens the Auditors control everything.

The auditors control everything anyway. They are the new High Priests.

Only if the Reaper Man loses. And they can be defeated with chocolates.
July 15th, 2008, 12:46 pm
A Person

caramichele wrote:"Have a blessed day is a strictly African American..."

No it's not. I'm white and I say it all the time, and so do my friends, both black and white.

It's nice to hear that Taco Bell has employees who are blessing their customers. That blesses me.

And PS, a blessing is a blessing, not a curse. If you don't share the same faith as the person who said it to you, it's not going to infect you or force a religion on you. I mean, wow.

"Infringing on your right to be non-religious?" Are you kidding me? That makes me sigh (deeply) and roll my eyes (in a most exaggerated fashion.) People choose the silliest things to get offended about.

Oh well, have a blessed day, y'all. :lol:

As if you can "will" somebody to have a blessed day, anyway. The phrase is simply a way for you to advertise your personal beliefs. Some people may be offended by your religious beliefs, ever think of that? That is why some people prefer to keep their religious beliefs private. I for one do because I understand that not everybody has the same beliefs that I do. It's called RESPECT.
August 27th, 2008, 4:20 pm
Jerry Attrick

Jerry Attrick wrote:
caramichele wrote:"Have a blessed day is a strictly African American..."

No it's not. I'm white and I say it all the time, and so do my friends, both black and white.

It's nice to hear that Taco Bell has employees who are blessing their customers. That blesses me.

And PS, a blessing is a blessing, not a curse. If you don't share the same faith as the person who said it to you, it's not going to infect you or force a religion on you. I mean, wow.

"Infringing on your right to be non-religious?" Are you kidding me? That makes me sigh (deeply) and roll my eyes (in a most exaggerated fashion.) People choose the silliest things to get offended about.

Oh well, have a blessed day, y'all. :lol:

As if you can "will" somebody to have a blessed day, anyway. The phrase is simply a way for you to advertise your personal beliefs. Some people may be offended by your religious beliefs, ever think of that? That is why some people prefer to keep their religious beliefs private. I for one do because I understand that not everybody has the same beliefs that I do. It's called RESPECT.

Fortunately there is no law protecting people from being OFFENDED by religion.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
August 27th, 2008, 7:25 pm
BecauseHeLives

mmm...... Mexican food. Too early for lunch?
August 28th, 2008, 8:34 am
Matt

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) -- Officials say a suspected drug dealer who led police on a 90 mph chase in Indiana was arrested after he stopped suddenly at a Taco Bell parking lot.

Fort Wayne police Sgt. Mark Walters says 36-year-old Jermaine Askia Cooper told officers he "knew he was going to jail for a while" and wanted to get one last burrito.

Cooper was held without bail on four counts of dealing cocaine, one count of resisting arrest by fleeing and other charges.

via
May 13th, 2009, 8:36 am
Liv

Liv wrote:
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) -- Officials say a suspected drug dealer who led police on a 90 mph chase in Indiana was arrested after he stopped suddenly at a Taco Bell parking lot.

Fort Wayne police Sgt. Mark Walters says 36-year-old Jermaine Askia Cooper told officers he "knew he was going to jail for a while" and wanted to get one last burrito.

Cooper was held without bail on four counts of dealing cocaine, one count of resisting arrest by fleeing and other charges.

via

Oh... I expect he'll have access to plenty of burritos where he's going. :lol:
May 13th, 2009, 8:41 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

The first time I let it go but today in the BK drive thru he said it again so I looked at him and said "there is no god".
July 17th, 2009, 2:56 pm
Txatheist or [email protected]

Txatheist or [email protected] wrote:The first time I let it go but today in the BK drive thru he said it again so I looked at him and said "there is no god".

Then you were the one who was stupid. :roll:
July 17th, 2009, 9:20 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:

Wow, we've stooped to assassination trolling?

Stupid would mean he/she lacks intelligence... frankly, I find no illogical rationale in his statement.
July 17th, 2009, 9:42 pm
Liv

Well, well. What makes this such an upsetting phrase? It is obviously meant as a gesture, however small, at wishing you well. When I was a practising Jew I never got upset with people wishing me a Merry Christmas. Why? Because I knew it not only caused no harm, but was meant to spread cheer. Do you want to remove all pleasantries from such small interactions? How sad, I pity you.
July 18th, 2009, 5:25 am
jkw625

Liv wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

Wow, we've stooped to assassination trolling?

Stupid would mean he/she lacks intelligence... frankly, I find no illogical rationale in his statement.

Ok. Maybe not stupid. Certainly ignorant and foolish though. Lots of intelligent (and stupid people) can be ignorant and foolish. But is it willful? Hmmm......
July 18th, 2009, 6:22 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:Ok. Maybe not stupid. Certainly ignorant and foolish though. Lots of intelligent (and stupid people) can be ignorant and foolish. But is it willful? Hmmm......

But you're not the least bit biased.... :roll:

And besides... "The customer is always right!!!!"
July 18th, 2009, 6:29 pm
Liv

How did this topic go from "Have a Blessed Day at Taco Bell" to rednecks with shopping carts?
Back to the first topic. What gets me really pissed is when a checkout person or fast food worker is rude, doesn't look at you, (much less in the eyes), doesn't say "thank you" but ends the transactions with
Have a Bless-ed Day". I have lived in the south all of my life. Winston Salem still astounds me.
I think Have a Bless-ed Day is the code to let others know you are a Christian.

I have been in situations where it was obvious the Bless-ed Day, Praise the Lord, mention "Jesus" people are treated better. Yes, because I did not "bless them back" or say "you too" I was marginalized. I quit going to support and volunteer groups because I am not a Holy Roller. One time I was in the hospital. I started saying "Praise God" so I would get better treatment from the nurses.

Would Jesus treat you like crap and then say "have a Bless-ed day.

As for the last topic. Stealing grocery carts is a crime...wonder if someone reported hime? If the police came, would they let him slide if the cart thief said "Have a Bless'ed Day"?
July 18th, 2009, 7:49 pm
WHATEVER

Liv wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:Ok. Maybe not stupid. Certainly ignorant and foolish though. Lots of intelligent (and stupid people) can be ignorant and foolish. But is it willful? Hmmm......

But you're not the least bit biased.... :roll:

And besides... "The customer is always right!!!!"

And YOU aren't biased? :|

The customer is wrong many times. However, You are supposed to treat them as if they were right.
July 18th, 2009, 10:26 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:And YOU aren't biased? :|

But you know, it hasn't always been that way. I started out on your team... well, maybe not exactly your team... but I was pretty bad. I didn't convert because of some major event, or suddenly... but over time because of rational thought, and lack of evidence to the contrary. It would have been much easier for me to have stayed in delusion belief if there was the least bit of proof... but it never came... It was very gradual, very slow... and even still to this day I'm a much better friend than many atheists.... I still say to this day "anything is possible" look at my sig.... but as I get older the evidence continues to mount that theres never been anything more than stories to make up the christian beliefs.... but if that changes, well then.... give me a ring....

As far as Taco Bell is concerned... I think religion at the work place should be a private thing.... I mean, would you feel comfortable going to Taco Bell and ordering a Burrito and getting a "Hail Hitler" or "Buddha Buddha" or "Merry Islam to you!"?
July 19th, 2009, 10:28 am
Liv

But you know, it hasn't always been that way. I started out on your team... well, maybe not exactly your team... but I was pretty bad.

Which is kinda strange because I started out on YOUR team.

I didn't convert because of some major event, or suddenly... but over time because of rational thought, and lack of evidence to the contrary.

Christinaity isn't about evidence (which quite often doesn't equal proof) but is about faith. Knowing something to be true without proof. God says to ask for an increase in faith and He will give it to you.

It would have been much easier for me to have stayed in delusion belief if there was the least bit of proof... but it never came
Some people witnessed Christ raise people from the dead yet STILL did not accept that as proof. He rose after three days of being buried yet people still rejected Him. He performed so many unnamed miricles that could not fit in the bible. Yet people rejected Him. I doubt that you would accept anything as proof. Unless you had faith to go with it.

It was very gradual, very slow... and even still to this day I'm a much better friend than many atheists.... I still say to this day "anything is possible" look at my sig.... but as I get older the evidence continues to mount that theres never been anything more than stories to make up the christian beliefs.... but if that changes, well then.... give me a ring....

And you'll continue to hear and read of evidence against Christianity and "stories" or Chritianity when you continue to get your information from only one type of source. Do you believe that Satan would EVER have anything flattering to say about Jesus? Do you believe that people today are smarter than they were 100, 500 or 2,000 years ago? We may have more stored knowledge at our disposal today but that certainly doesn't mean we are smarter.

As far as Taco Bell is concerned... I think religion at the work place should be a private thing.... I mean, would you feel comfortable going to Taco Bell and ordering a Burrito and getting a "Hail Hitler" or "Buddha Buddha" or "Merry Islam to you!"?

Blessed means happy. Wouldn't you want to have a happy day?
July 19th, 2009, 12:49 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
Blessed means happy. Wouldn't you want to have a happy day?

Ahhh.... [define]Blessed[/define] definitely has a religious attachment to it. I'd much rather they just say "Have a nice day"... and to be honest that's the point... it's not what they say, it's that they're using their employment as an opportunity to witness that I don't agree with....

If I worked at Taco Bell.... (and you could keep my tongue out of the nacho sauce) and you came through and I said "Thank you and Have a [day blessed by the divinity of non-believers of Christ]" how would you feel? Blessed implies God...

Furthermore, I thing the Taco Bell Headquarters would be quite up-in-arms if they were aware this took place at the establishment...

I've been back to this locale a few times and it seems to have ceased... I imagine this post may have gotten noticed. (It has been referenced in newspapers)

However, the continuance of this phenomenon has come up at other local establishments.
July 19th, 2009, 1:46 pm
Liv

Agreed
October 24th, 2010, 12:02 am
Ashry

If I was handing you a bag of Taco Bell (Grade D Meat, Chemical Filled Vegatables and Genetically Modified Corn) I would not be blessing you, but your food before it was consumed. It's called Food Inc. Watch it! Pull your head out of the sand.
December 1st, 2010, 5:04 pm
Blessed One

Okay, today while driving around I was listening to Anouk and the song "Hail to all of us" and came unto an epiphany: When someone says "Bless You" or "Have a Blessed Day" or "God Bless You", I have a response I'm now comfortable with:

Them: Bless You
    Me: Hail To You Too.

Them: Have a Blessed Day!
    Me: Hail to you and your day.

Them: God Bless You.
    Me: Hail to all of us.
December 15th, 2010, 9:02 pm
Liv

Funny you should pop this up again. I've been to a 'newer' taco bell twice in as many months and the lady said the same thing.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
December 16th, 2010, 8:40 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Return to Food