•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 
You are Here: Food

Geno's VS Pat's Philadelphia Cheese Steak

by
beth
Executive Editor
Published on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:55 pm

Geno's VS Pat's Philadelphia Cheese Steak

So I'm in training for my Philadelphia adventure that leaves in exactly one week. One of the most important places I plan to visit when I get up there is South Philly, Home of the Philadelphia Cheese Steak sandwich, and two restaurants who continuously argue that they are the original cheese steak inventors. These two establishments are Geno's Steaks, and the other directly across the street is Pat's King of steaks. Both claim to be the original, and both agree that each other isn't the original. While I can't exactly judge who is the original, I can judge which one is better. This is what I plan on doing for the betterment of society. Actually Shannon has volunteered as well as we will each place an order and the split the sandwiches to see which one is better.

So the important part of the training is how to order a Philly Cheese Steak. I knew this because I get the food channel, and they explained it takes some talent. Luckily Geno's posts it on their website so first timers can become accustomed to the routine.

How to order a Steak
by I. M. Hungry

1. Specify if you want your steak with (wit) or without (wit-out) onions.

2. Specify Plain, Cheez Whiz, Provolone, American Cheese or a Pizza Steak. (we have lettuce and tomatoes but if we have to read your mind it's 50 cents extra)

3. Have your money ready. (do all of your borrowing in line)

4. Practice all of the above while waiting in line.
(if you make a mistake, don't panic, just go to the back of the line and start over)

Moderators: SouthernFriedInfidel, schitzy, Matt, Sanjuro