·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thick Burger

by Liv | Published on April 27th, 2006, 5:04 pm | Food
Hardee's Philly Cheesesteak Thick Burger

It's been since October since I last went to Hardee's and tried the Monster Burger. So when I saw the TV ad for Hardee's new Philly Cheesesteak thick burger, I figured it was time to return to Randleman road and pick up my slice of cow for taste testing; well that, and I was somewhat hungry on lunch and it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

If you remember last time, I had some issues with this particular Hardee's capability to produce an order of food in under 30 minutes. Surprisingly not much has changed. What has changed is the service though. After waiting for what seemed like decades in their parking lot, they eventually brought out my food and apologized. Then she said the two words in customer service every customer loves to hear.

FREE PIE.

Yes, they hooked me up with 2 apple pies for waiting. So yes, Hardee's you've redeemed yourself.

So anyways, on to the burger. I figured after going to Philadelphia about a month ago, and having an actual Philly Cheese steak that I was probably going to hold this burger to a higher level of expectations then if they just called it a "Hardee's Cheesesteak Thickburger." They advertise it as 1/3 LB of Angus beef, steak, topped with onions, peppers, and two cheeses. The truth is a real Philly cheesesteak has whiz.

No not that. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Cheese Whiz people. This mysterious ingredient is missing from Hardee's rendition, and quite honestly leaves me wondering if their market research team has ever even been to Philly.

Aside from this, the burger stands on its own as its own miracle to fast food chains everywhere. Certainly an instant hit and now one of my favorites. While it certainly has the texture of a burger, its flavor does imitate some very common versions of Cheese Steak sandwiches, I've had.

Strike that. It's better.

Yes, definitely better. No doubt this might be the best burger in Greensboro until some Hardee's executive decides to rip it out of our cold dead hands.

They have ripped it from our cold dead hands. However if you call the Hardee's customer service 800 number (877) 799-7827 (It was actually somewhat hidden on their website) you can complain/request that it be brought back. I talked to one manager and he said it was on their seasonal list to be brought back and removed from time to time so it should be back nonetheless. It is just like the McRib. It keeps disappearing and coming back to keep interest high. The official story is that they have to remove some items in order to make space for new burgers they want to try out. Why don't they just get a bigger menu?

The phone number should work and complaining might work to get it back faster or to keep it back the next time that it disappears off the menu. The one manager told me that his restaurant was sent an extra months worth of Philly Cheesesteak ingredients because of customer comments.

I'm trying to get this bad boy back as well as the Jalapeno thickburger!
January 30th, 2009, 10:36 am
TheyCallMeBIGM

Return to Food