·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Square, School Cafeteria Pizza? Where To Buy?

by JIMBOB1 | Published on March 9th, 2009, 2:27 pm | Food
Hello, I Google "school pizza" every few months to see if anyone has come up with anything. If you click the link below it takes you to the Apropos of Something site that has a bunch of people asking the same questions you guys are along with their results.

http://wiw.org/~jess/archives/2006/09/2 ... -delicacy/

If you want, click on the link to read how my boss and I infiltrated a local school to score some slices.

I was able to get these pizzas directly from the local school cafeteria. The mother of one of our friends works in the school cafeteria and she was able to sell us full sheets. We each put in our part of the $ (I can't remember how much) and each got a full sheet of this pizza. While they do come in sheets, you can break off the # of slices that you want at any given time. Heating instructions were right on the packaging. When I showed them to my son, he yelled "School Pizza! Awesome!".

To make a long story short....check with your local school cafeteria.
March 28th, 2009, 10:38 am

If you are in Hendersonville, NC you can get the school pizzas by the case from Spearmans Distributors on Upward Road. I just picked up some of the sausage ones that were served at our school. They are no longer served in school but Spearmans will order the kind you want.
September 8th, 2009, 10:04 am
msbpace

Yeah, get this... my kids get Dominos at school now.... times have changed.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
September 8th, 2009, 3:01 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

December 10th, 2009, 10:53 am
Urza

Great post, but honestly, the school cafeteria pizza is by no way a yeast pizza. In fact one night when we were super poor I made a crust without yeast that was exact on for school pizza. Meant to post it, but didn't... something similar to this:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil

Mix & bake @ 450 for about 10 min.

Basically it's a "No Yeast Pizza Dough".... also ended up using a 2% white cheddar from Cabot which was oddly enough almost an exact version of school cheese. Sauce, you'll have to fend for yourself, but the basicest, cheapest canned crap is probably a good approximate for they stuff the use. Now finding the square little pepperonis? Good luck!
December 10th, 2009, 6:55 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:
square_cafeteria_pizza.jpg

Remember those crappy square pieces of cafeteria Pizza served everyday back in elementary school? We got talking about it last night with the kids entering school. A couple questions?

Why have I never seen, or eaten that style of pizza since graduating high-school?
Where do they buy it from?
How do I get some now for nostalgia?

Sure I could show up at my kid's school, and eat lunch with him? Do they still sell it? Why is it we ate these fatty, greasy square slices of pizza with deep fried french fries everyday, and never get fat; but the moment I look at a Domino's sign now, I gain 15LBS?

So seriously, do you remember the square pizza slices? I want to buy some! Sure they probably taste like dirt now, but the nostalgia would be worth every last bite.
January 25th, 2010, 1:01 pm
eddschwartz

March 4th, 2010, 5:46 pm
aznkat826

So I found the exact pizza company that supplied most school cafeterias all over america. Im not sure how to purchase it yet or where but im hoping, soon!
Here is a link to their site: http://www.mama-rosas.com/foodservice.html
March 8th, 2010, 12:48 am
SchoolBoy85

Soooo, did anyone buy the square pizza yet??? I just called and it's over 50 bucks plus a ton of $ to get it shipped. I just want to make sure this was the real deal :)
March 18th, 2010, 3:12 pm
jodice410

I've got to squeeze my large ass into an airplane seat in 2 weeks.... I'll have to wait till I get back from Paris before I can consider eating this.
March 19th, 2010, 7:05 am
Liv

bp27 wrote:Update: I have found that you can order it from GFS stores (Gordon Food Service Supermarkets) - they don't carry it in the store - but it costs about $40+ for a case of 96....you may want to find some people to split it with you unless you really are feeding an entire elem. school!

what is the name of it or a sku #
April 9th, 2010, 12:07 pm

LOL! This is sweet! I have been looking for this pizza for quite some time as well and hollowgenius found it! Sweet! Sometime you gotta love the Net!

Thanks you guys!
April 23rd, 2010, 1:24 pm
pippen

To me the ellio's rectangular frozen pizzas cooked in a toaster oven are almost exactly like school pizza, I just wish they sold it on the west coast. Whenever I visit back east I HAVE to buy at least one package ;)
May 20th, 2010, 9:14 pm
rubbermonkey

oh my lord sweet baby jesus... i am pregnant with my 3rd child and have been looking for this since my 1st! my husband is gone flip when he sees the transaction on his debit card... but its for a good cause! lol THAAAANKS!!
June 11th, 2010, 9:38 am
tlc2j

I am pregnant and have been craving some rectangle school pizza and someone pulled a few strings and brought me over some frozen pizza from the cafeteria. It was Tony's! And it was good!!! I haven't figured out how to order it yet though....
October 12th, 2010, 6:51 pm
square pizza for the round preggie please

Sysco carries it branded under "The Max" their turkey pepperoni 4x6 and their cheese 4x6 both sold in a box of 96 is exactly what you remember.

Daltoncsexton.com
December 21st, 2010, 2:38 pm
Sleepy Dragonfly

Return to Food