·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Where your Thanksgiving Turkey comes from.

by Nfidel | Published on November 24th, 2010, 4:19 am | Food
O K, I have to ask. Since this has become a religious discussion, ( can't blame this on the atheists this time) where in the Bible is the proscription against eating human flesh?

Nfidel wrote:O K, I have to ask. Since this has become a religious discussion, ( can't blame this on the atheists this time) where in the Bible is the proscription against eating human flesh?

Actually Jesus DID condone cannibalism (sort of)

John 6:53 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Of course Jesus is using a metaphor here.

There are instances in the bible where God warns that if people don't repent that they will be eating the flesh of others (including babies). That doesn't mean that God commanded or condoned the eating of human flesh but merely that it was a going to be a result of their disobedience and unrepentence. It's sort of like me telling you that if you don't eat for 30 days that you are going to lose 30 pounds. I didn't make you lose 30 pounds but I knew it would happen if you didn't listen to me.
November 24th, 2010, 4:19 am
BecauseHeLives

On a side note... if you are really interested in butchering and eating human flesh then here is a good website to get a few pointers.

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-ser ... tcher.html
BecauseHeLives

turkey sandwich with tomato after Thanksgiving ... best leftovers in the world.
Matt

Liv wrote:Oh there's irony... A huge ugly, mean T-rex that eats boulders and (expletive) stonehenge, evolves into a little furry bird who then subsequently gets squished by man's mechanical dinner machine.
T-Rex wasn't on the evolutionary pathway to birds, that honour most likely goes to velociraptor of Jurassic Park fame (or something like it)
Does that make you feel happier about eating them?

Ans yes BHL we know, "all science is fake and made up just to prop up Darwin's theory" because we all worship Satan Darwin.
A Person

Ans yes BHL we know, "all science is fake and made up just to prop up Darwin's theory" because we all worship Satan Darwin.

Ok person... this is your only warning. we're talking about turkeys and dinosaurs here. Get it?

:wink:
BecauseHeLives

Remember the story about the chicken that was beheaded, and lived a few years....

Just think about that as a T-rex...
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Ahh you mean Mike the Headless Chicken

Somehow I doubt a T-Rex would so easily find a volunteer to drop chunks of flesh down its gaping gullet
A Person

mmmm.... T-rex hot wings.
Matt

Liv

There was a video similar to this from a local plant some time ago. It really is sad, and honestly in this case I would think genetic manipulation to produce the desired gender could benefit the industry. I doubt we will ever see a day when practices such as these aren't common in the industry. We can't even get locals to stop breeding pit bulls, for dog fighting.... and in many ways we're just as barbaric as tossing gladiators into a roman coliseum and watching them die.

Mankind could choose many changes all of which they know would be healthier for them, and kinder to nature and other beings... but we choose not to, not due to ignorance, but because we know the consequences yet continue the behavior the creates them.

Personally, if the whole world went vegan this moment... I'd be fine. Sure I'd have some days where I miss my Johnson's Burger, but just like smoking... I'd deal with it... Unfortunately, meat, unlike cigarettes are not something I've chosen to actively give up for various reasons, and I therefore perpetuate the cruelty to animals.
Liv

Food for thought the next time you consume chicken or eggs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090902/ap_on_go_ot/us_egg_hatchery_investigation_12

I know I do and most of the readers do as well. There is a price for cheap food.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.

Dick Werthimer
eddiebuckle

Return to Food