·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

You can has canned death?

by Sanjuro | Published on January 29th, 2008, 1:10 pm | Food
Here's Liv's next food experiment. If she should decide to take it she is a braver soul than I.

Introducing the worlds first canned cheeseburger. Now pick your limp head off the ground, thats right, I said canned cheeseburger.

6d02cd2b08.jpg

As one would imagine, It would take the Swiss to invent such a thing. Here is how we will eat cheeseburgers in the future... throw the can into a water container over a fire, give it a minute, pull it out, open the lid, and eat. This "cheeseburger" boasts a shelf life of twelve months without requiring refrigeration and according to the site, the "lightweight snack is the ideal fast food treat for the wilderness". I can only assume for one of those "go to the woods and starve yourself to death" diets, cause as the great Sam (the man) Jackson says "sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I'd never know cause I'd never eat the filthy muthatrucker. "

If you are brave, foolhearty, have lost all sense of taste or are otherwise mentally derranged, head to Trekking Mahlzeiten's website here and you can has a cheezeburger!

OH NOES!!! DO NOT WANT!!!

As if it would be THAT PRETTY coming out of the can after heating it. I can't even imagine all the preservatives in it...

Oh how I love cheeseburgers (and sometimes even veggie cheeseburgers), but if I'm camping and jonesin' for a cheeseburger, I'm not eating a canned one. Eyes on the prize! The next REAL cheeseburger I have when I get back to civilization is gonna taste pretty damn good! nom nom nom nom nom
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
January 29th, 2008, 1:18 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I'm still waiting for the Pizza Hut Dehydrated pizzas like on BTTF II.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
January 29th, 2008, 6:42 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

That is just sick! There is no way in hell that thing looks or tastes anythink like a real cheeseburger. I'm not wasting my stomach space on THAT. Count me out.
January 29th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Bessa1

Well, Sanjuro... I guess canned cheezburgers just isn't controversial enough... :(
January 29th, 2008, 9:39 pm
Serendipitous

Serendipitous wrote:Well, Sanjuro... I guess canned cheezburgers just isn't controversial enough... :(

Yet they are equally as tasteless. 8)
January 29th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Kitteh can has all da canned cheezburgerz!
January 29th, 2008, 10:06 pm
Serendipitous

can1.jpg

Yummy tastes of bird bums
can2.jpg

A whole chicken?
can3.jpg

Silkworm chrysalis
can4.jpg

I bet it tastes better than that burger
can5.jpg

What's Balut you ask? You don't want to know.
Why not have some dandelions to take the taste away
can6.jpg
can6.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 335 times

(nothing wrong with dandelions, just why can them?)
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
January 29th, 2008, 10:27 pm
A Person

I've had Balut before. :D Not as bad as you think... 8)
Jan 29, 2008: Mark this day.. "ignorance is bliss" and I actually completely agree.. now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hurl myself off the building.- Sanjuro
Consider it marked.
January 29th, 2008, 10:35 pm
IgnoranceIsBliss

I didn't say it was bad, just that you don't want to know :)

Much like this restaurant it's the idea thats disturbing rather than the actual food.
January 29th, 2008, 10:47 pm
A Person

IgnoranceIsBliss wrote:I've had Balut before. :D Not as bad as you think... 8)

We are soooooooooooo not rehashing this. Balut babble goes here. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
January 29th, 2008, 10:53 pm
Serendipitous

I bet it's a lower quality than those frozen cheesburgers that you get at the gas station....
January 31st, 2008, 10:21 am
Pineview Style

Return to Food