·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Elizabeth's Pizza

by Liv | Published on February 13th, 2008, 1:25 pm | Food
elizabeths_pizza.jpg
Don't you find it odd, that a restaurant selling one of my favorite foods, and sharing my same name took me almost 4 years to get to? Well it did. But today I've returned, so others won't make the same mistake in waiting that I did.

The day started off innocently enough, as we arrived at four-seasons mall at 9:30am. Apparently alot has changed since my teenage years, as I haven't been to the mall in a couple years despite working a couple blocks from it. The mall of course doesn't open till 10am which strikes me as oddly weird, but never the less we waited and at 10AM entered the third floor post office to submit my application for a passport. After a horrible photo, and $135.00 fee, we were on our way to lunch.

We couldn't quite decide what to eat, but my co-worker who sits in the cube besides me raves about Elizabeth's Pizza, and is constantly ordering it from the Groomtown road location. So I figured, what the hey! We pulled up into the parking lot and was quickly sat as we were able to beat the lunch time rush. In the end I ended up with the "Extra Special" Steak & Cheese, fries, and a side-salad.

The food arrived practically before we ordered it, and while it did interrupt our conversation about the paint on the walls, and how we could obtain the same effect at casa greeensboring, the service was unbelievable attentive.
The side salad was a combination of fresh romaine lettuce, green olives, onions, cucumbers and dressing. It was awesome! The sandwich was huge, and if I had known it was going to be that big I probably would have ordered the 8 inch version.... nah, who am I kidding.... The sandwich was a steak and cheese with creamy cheese, tomatoes, onion, green peppers, and lettuce with a side of french fries. Being a steak and cheese expert, I can firmly say, that Elizabeth's Pizza moves into my #1 spot for Cheese Steak dishes in Greensboro.

Personally I thought the prices were reasonable, and based on the service and the taste it's definitely got me curious about what their pizza tastes like. I'd highly recommend Elizabeth's Pizza for those who haven't tried it, and I look forward to getting back there soon.

My wife and I love to eat there, but it is interesting: there are several locations in the area, and service and quality varies widely. The one down in Siler City flat out sucks. But Groomtown Rd is one of our favorites.
February 13th, 2008, 4:18 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I wasn't aware the one in Siler was the same company... Huh... Yes, very pleased with the one on Groometown... Ironically, all of Time warner was there as where most of the postal trucks, police, and EMS... so it's my assumption, if you draw the blue-collars in, it's got to be good.
February 13th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

The one on Battleground is REALLY nice too. Unfortuanately it stays pretty packed.

As far as cheesesteaks go... If you liked the one at Elizabeth's then you'll like the one at Pizza, Polla, Pasta. They are exactly the same except that ppp doesn't have the foot long version.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
February 13th, 2008, 6:08 pm
BecauseHeLives

Elizabeth's has been a favorite of mine since moving down here. The pizza is great - it's probably my all-time favorite place to get pizza.

I've been to the Wendover/Bridford, Quaker Village, and Oak Ridge locations. All are good, but Wendover seems just a bit better and more consistent to me.
February 14th, 2008, 12:15 am
PotatoStew

We have two Elizabeth's in/around Martinsville, where I live(work in GSO). I recently got hooked on their sicilian pizza, man its good!
February 14th, 2008, 9:49 am
Jimmy

I think Elizabeth's has some of the best chips around. Pizza is pretty good too. We recently had a large gathering at the Lawndale drive location and they accommodated us nicely. A typical little grocery store-esque non-pretentious wine selection, but the beer selection leaves a lot to be desired. A solid little restaurant in my opinion.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
February 14th, 2008, 10:40 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I remember going to the one on Friendly (Quaker Village) for lunch a while back before moving away. It was really cheap, especially if split a large pizza w/ 2 other co-workers.
February 14th, 2008, 11:25 am
Paul Z

Return to Food