·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Pop Rocks Chocolate Bar

by Serendipitous | Published on April 15th, 2008, 5:13 pm | Food
A dear friend of mine (and by "dear" I mean he's raving mad!) surprised me with a rather lovely belated Bunny Day gift, which included two Pop Rocks chocolate bars. Actually, each package has a 2 piece mega bar that promises it "melts on your tongue then pops in your mouth" and is "milk chocolate with a kick."

IMG_1123.jpg

Mmm... chocolate. Mmm...Pop Rocks. I really didn't know what to expect from the combination of the two other than what the package stated.

I opened it and found the 2 piece mega bar was also divided into squares.

IMG_1124.jpg

Then I took a square and tried the "melts in your mouth" technique. A few of the Pop Rocks popped and sizzled. (BTW the Pop Rocks in this bar didn't seem to have a particular fruit flavor like you would get from a regular envelope of Pop Rocks) Uuuhhhh, I don't know how much time anyone else has to sit there and let a block of chocolate melt in his mouth, but it wasn't melting fast enough.

So I bit down, and there was more popping and sizzling. Chew POP chew POP chew POP swallow POP and sizzle in my throat.

And for the finale, I had another square and washed it down with a COKE!!! :shock:

And yes... somehow... by some Ceiling Cat miracle I didn't explode and die from mixing Pop Rocks and soda... I am alive today to tell you about the Pop Rocks chocolate bar... :mrgreen:

I actually think I've had an "off-brand" version of that....

I've got to post some reviews of stuff I brought back... I'm so tired tonight... Feels like 11Pm to me right now.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
April 15th, 2008, 5:34 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Hey, still got the other bar? Just a thought in case you're looking for another experiment:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marsbar.asp

Not suggesting that I help in this endeavour however. The Queen would not be amused.

I'm just an "idea man". :wink: :twisted:
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. -- Albert Camus

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
-- John Steinbeck
April 16th, 2008, 8:55 pm
The Rain King

The Rain King wrote:Hey, still got the other bar? Just a thought in case you're looking for another experiment:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marsbar.asp

Not suggesting that I help in this endeavour however. The Queen would not be amused.

I'm just an "idea man". :wink: :twisted:

:shock: :lol:

:shock: Just thought about that whole "melts in your mouth" thing and then the rocks popping. That could be interesting... "pops for her pleasure." :lol: :| :roll:
April 18th, 2008, 5:12 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

The first time I encountered the phenomenon of mixing sugar and diet soda was about 40 years ago, when I wondered if I could make Diet Rite cola easier to swallow. I put some sugar in and got a ton of foam for my trouble. It was weird, but I never thought it would be something that could make a pop culture hit one day.

No imagination... :evil:
April 21st, 2008, 11:07 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I ended up on this thread via a suggested link from the Super G Mart thread. Forgot about the Pop Rocks Chocolate Bar...

ANYWHOOOOOOOO... I was watching Iron Chef or something the other week, and one of the chefs made a dish that included shrimp with a Pop Rocks crust/coat. :think: Yeah, 'Dippy is getting some "ideers."
May 28th, 2010, 8:16 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Is it just me or does this not sound appetizing?
May 28th, 2010, 2:03 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food