·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Super G Mart Freakin Rocks

by Liv | Published on July 1st, 2008, 10:02 am | Food
super_g_mart.gif
Just got back from Super G Mart on Market street. I've been waiting for months for it to open, and finally got my chance to go after Ren's appointment with Dr. Young this morning. One word: Awesome. Greensboro has truly arrived with Super G Mart. The bad side is it's probably going to put a lot of little tiendas and small ethnic convenience stores out of business. It's sort of like a Wal-mart for Asian, Indian & Spanish foods. The selection is absolutely amazing, and at least during their Grand Opening they have insane deals like beef for .99 LB and $6.00 hula hoops. (Yes Hula Hoops)

super_g_mart2.gif

The staff was very friendly and while some of the smaller "market" stands are vacant you can tell this will be a bustling place in a few months. We were a bit stunned by the selections, and somewhat ignorant on what half the stuff is. Apparently "Aloe" drinks are huge somewhere in the world.

super_g_mart3.gif

We ended up with some dried banana chips, a 6-foot pole of sugar cane, some blue grapes, and a pink hula hoop for Ren. It's well worth a visit, especially if you need rice. They have a whole isle of 50lb bags of rice, tortillas, taco seasonings, peppers and 5 lb bags of cheese.

super_gm_mart4.gif

We will be definitely going back. I suppose the only thing it lacked was European foods. But since World Market sort of caters to that, I understand the lack of of products in that niche. But if you love fish, or Japanese foods.... they have a massive area of unbelievable variety. You've so go to go...

Aw crap!! Doesn't anyone sell UNsalted jellyfish anymore??!! 8)
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
July 1st, 2008, 10:14 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Apparently not.

But they did have fish stick cigars for kids to eat. Look's like the bubble gum version we had as kids in the states, and evidently (by the kids playing soccer on the package) is a snack food.

Yummmm... Raw fish cigars.... my favorite.

I can say this... the dried bananas at Super G-Mart... were good...
July 1st, 2008, 8:13 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food