·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Burrito Brothers - Asheboro

by Liv | Published on July 18th, 2008, 12:10 pm | Food
burrito_brothers.jpg
I've been spending more and more time down in Asheboro. For one, my parents live there now, secondly Chance joined the 4-H program down there so me and my parents could share in the ability of transporting him to and from the summer program. (Which is excellent by the way.) That said, I had a few hours today to blow and sadly no Moe's in sight. However we have found the gem of Mexican restaurants in Asheboro, I highly recommend it on your next Zoo visit. It's called Burrito Brothers, which clearly was thought up by some white guy who mistranslated Spanish, or some Mexican guy who was "What should we call our Mexican restaurant down here in Redneck land?" Bottom line is it's excellent, delicious, and authentic. Most of all it's affordable.

I will warn you this Mexican restaurant likes to use a lot of Chorizo, although they call it "Mexican Sausage". I'm not real fond of the stuff, and I love Mexican food, so beware. Your can always request items without it, or like me order one of the burritos that don't come with Chorizo. Oh, and how I do love is their Burritos. I got the "Azada" a steak burrito (though I minus the beans) and add Sour Cream. For just under $4.00, I had a plate sized "California style" mammoth burrito which was so darn delicious that I immediately broke out the cell phone and programed their "pickup" order telephone number into my speed-dial.

What's really special about this place is the burritos. A lot of east-coast Mexican restaurants make the burrito into a dish covered in lettuce, tomatoes, and sour-cream. A real burrito is all on the inside (like Moe's.) It's meant to be ate with your hands not a fork. This seems to be something very foreign to most restaurants, but the Burrito brothers have it down. It's the original and perfect Mexican "fast food." Best of all it beats the heck out of the deep-fried alternatives in Asheboro.

Coming from Greensboro down 220 get off on vision drive and go east, turn right on Fayetteville street (220 business) and it's a few blocks down on the right in a very nice tan contemporary building.

Burrito Brother Mexican Restaurant
1137 North Fayetteville Street
Asheboro, NC 27203
Phone: (336) 328-0168

My son has his favorite Mexican place -- Torrero's in Durham. That photo reminded me of the Durham place. LOTS of food for the money, and tasty as well.
July 18th, 2008, 12:15 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Anytime you can eat for under $4.00 you're doing good in this age.
July 18th, 2008, 4:16 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Anytime you can eat for under $4.00 you're doing good in this age.

Well, I'd be a little suspicious if the price didn't go up even a little. I'd have to ask myself if any of the ingredients might have come from a nearby alley... and whether it barked or squeaked. :mrgreen:
July 18th, 2008, 4:58 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I don't know... We made burritos the other day at home and they're really not all that expensive. Top Round was onsale at Food Lion for $7.00 for several lbs, rice is about $1.00, Salsa (which last for days) about another $1.00, and then cheese and veggies which probably accounts for another $5.00. Out of it all we probably got 20 burritos.
July 18th, 2008, 5:12 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food