·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Mc-Fil-A??? McFAIL!!!

by Serendipitous | Published on July 26th, 2008, 9:04 pm | Food
I had one of these on Friday night. Y'know? YOU know! McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich!

Now, whether or not they meant for it to be their version of a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich, who knows if they'll tell. But seriously, don't think you can get Chick-Fil-A at McDonald's. If you do, you'll be really disappointed.

I hit a McDrive-Thru to get my Southern Chicken Sandwich meal, get home, and get everything out of the bag.

da box.jpg

So then I open the box...

sammich.jpg

...and I check out the sandwich.

picklz.jpg

Yeah, the only noticeable difference was the steamed bun and it was buttered. At least I was at home and could put my Duke's mayo on it!

But the steamed bun didn't lend to a very good texture. This is the same bun and heating style they use for the Filet-O-Cardboard, er, -Fish.

Honestly, I didn't expect it to taste like Chick-Fil-A, but I did expect it to be at least "okay." But it wasn't. It sucked. Blah! And maybe I already had a dislike for it because the day of the big "Get a Free Southern Chicken Biscuit or Sandwich" promo at McD's, I forgot they were having it... and they f'ed up my lunch hour. I think I still ended up with my cheezburger Happy Meal and Speed Racer toy that day, but it sure did take more time than it should have thanks to all the GIMME MY FREE S#IT consumers. Who can blame 'em? Free sandwich was prolly like the same price as half a gallon of gas at that time.

Anyway, if you want Chick-Fil-A, go to Chick-Fil-A. If you want McDonald's, get your head checked. :mrgreen:

BTW, this is my 600th post (which woulda been sooner, but the little recovery mission in June/July could only do so much). :| I was sort of forced to write this thread which I've been meaning to write for a while. And well, I have to thank RD for getting my arse in gear with this thread. #600 would have been wasted on another response to the duck duck duck duck duck thread.

IMPORTANT EDIT!
After posting, I just noticed Mc-Fil-A and McFail are anagrams! Coincidence??? :?:

I heard about this the other day on the radio.

This goes along with my ongoing discussion about North Carolina's infatuation with a certain style chicken sandwich. Yes the Chic Fil A ala with 2 pickles. I mean who the heck came up with 2 freakin pickles, but no lettuce, and no tomato? They do it at Food Lion too, it's called a "Clux Deluxe", which I argue is not deluxe at all.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
July 26th, 2008, 9:07 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Came across this and it seem apropos
If you enter a McDonalds with no intention of buying food, just using the washroom - you're having a McSh!t. If you are challenged by a pimply staff member, and you say that you'll be buying food afterwards, you are having a Mcsh!t with Lies.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
July 26th, 2008, 10:28 pm
A Person

Oops, I thought this was another durge against McCain. The McChicken for $1 rules. People, women mostly, go to Chic-Fil-A for the diet lemonade. I'm not sure anyone even eats the sandwich.
A man living in a world where men are no longer necessary.
July 29th, 2008, 10:03 am
Fecund Stench

this sandwich is actually not bad. I ordered it for the first time and thought it was lacking a whole lot as well. But then i got wise and ordered it differently. I ordered it with cheese and mayo. Big difference!! soon it became a drive through favorite. dont knock it til you try it folks
August 4th, 2008, 4:29 pm
sergio

Okay... my idea of a chicken sandwich... and it's hard to find... is a chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato, and wing sauce... and if you really want to make it good, Jalapenos.
August 4th, 2008, 4:46 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:Okay... my idea of a chicken sandwich... and it's hard to find... is a chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato, and wing sauce... and if you really want to make it good, Jalapenos.

yeah, what happened to those spicy hot chicken sammies at BK- those were teh yumm.
"Those who embrace the deity of Christ rather than the morals of Christ are not religious…they are pseudo-religious and dangerous to our national interests.”
- Thomas Jefferson
August 4th, 2008, 5:55 pm
C. Alice

Chili's though has the best and original....
August 4th, 2008, 7:28 pm
Liv

Return to Food