·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Volcano Tacos

by Liv | Published on September 2nd, 2008, 6:56 pm | Food
volcano_taco.gif

So I've been receiving some feedback that my recent dieting attempts has caused the blog to suffer. Yes, I realize the notoriety of this blog was built on such excellent reviews of horrible fatty foods, my attempts to go healthy may effect my reader base. That said, I took one for the team today. I blew off the diet in favor of 17grams of Taco Bell with their Volcano Taco.

When I first learned Taco bell was bringing out the Taco Bell Volcano Taco, and touting it as their "Hottest Taco" ever, I had huge amount of excitement. Excitement- and fear honestly. First I love hot stuff, but I was a bit afraid I might like it so much, I might dive off the wagon train, and live off a diet of Volcano Tacos till Taco Bell discontinues them or I die from Deep Vein Thrombosis. My excitement was partially birthed because in the mid-90's Taco bell had a taco sauce called "Wild Sauce", which was by far the best thing ever made at Taco Bell. Better yet, you could get a little Happy Meal box of 6 "Wild Soft Tacos" that would blow you mind, and your taste buds. I loved them. I'm not the only one. We've talked about Wild Tacos alot on Greensboring, and clearly there is a cult following, but as to why they were discontinued I'll never know.

So I stopped by Taco Bell on High Point road. My favorite Taco bell order taker was there and said "Haven't see you in a long time." I said "Trying to stay away." She said "You're going to love the Volcano Tacos." I said "I hope not." She said "I'll be seeing you come back alot, I bet." She smiled, we laughed and I got my bag filled with Fire Sauce and a Volcano Taco. I miss old friends (not like those wackos on M.L.K.) but I must say that unless this taco is as good as Wild Tacos, I won't be returning with it's 17g of fat.

The good news is it's not anything like Wild Tacos. It's good though. It comes in a red shell (they should have these at Christmas) and it is super spicy. It is not a tomato salsa hotness like the Wild Sauce, it's more of a hot-meat. Topped with nacho sauce and the usual taco toppings it's glutenous, and good. One is more than enough, two and I better be pregnant with twins holding the mailman hostage till I get hot food with nacho cheese. It's worth a try, but the Volcano taco will never be the cult classic Wild Taco I hope and pray (and cardiologist hopes never) returns to the Taco Bell menu.

Return to Food