·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Vegetarians.... NOT!

by Liv | Published on September 22nd, 2008, 2:43 pm | Food
I love it when people tell you they're vegetarian, and you ask them "So do you do Tofu, Mushrooms, ???" Then you find out their diet consists only on condiments. French Bread, and ranch dressing doesn't qualify you as Vegetarian. That said, I could never be a vegetarian. Love meat too much. But tonight we're going all Vegan. Ok, actually we're have Cabot's cheese so it's not entirely Vegetarian but.... this is as close as you'll ever get me to being full-time veggie-nut.

Yep those are Mushroom Burgers. So good you won't miss the meat. Don't tell Chance, he hates Mushrooms.... but loves these.
DSCF6374.JPG

There's Shan Sauteing some Onions for the Burgers.
DSCF6373.JPG

Some Onion Rolls, a bit of A-1 and we've almost got dinner.
DSCF6375.JPG

Yummm! That's right... "Mushrooms."
DSCF6377.JPG

I had a friend tell me he's not allowed to eat meat by his doctor. I had to clarify -- and ask, "Do you mean you can't eat BEEF?"

He said, "Yeah, that's it."

SLAP!
September 22nd, 2008, 2:46 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I'm not a vegetarian or vegan and I don't have any dietary restrictions that would require me to not eat meat (yes SFI, I mean beef... but also any other animal) but I enjoy Gardenburgers just so that I'm not overdoing it with REAL cheezburgers. You can find these in your grocer's freezer! :mrgreen:

Non-meat patties are definitely not a "tastes just like a REAL cheezburger" substitute for beef (or turkey) cheezburgers... I don't even eat them the same way. I'll make a Gardenburger patty, melt some cheese on it and squirt a bunch of yellow mustard on it (Plochmans if you must know). :wink: And I'll eat it with a fork and knife because frankly, there is no way that I'd call a non-meat patty a cheezburger. :|

I have a few Boca Burgers left in the freezer, but they're rather blah. At least Gardenburgers have a decent flavor and texture.

I've also had Smart Dogs... not sooo bad as a substitute for hotdogs, but in a taste test there is no question that a Smart Dog isn't a REAL hotdog. (And if you're looking for 'em, these are in your grocer's produce section.)
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
September 22nd, 2008, 8:41 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I used to eat Boca burgers back in the day. If you like Mushrooms though, these: Morning Star's Mushroom Lover's burgers are by far the best veggie burger I've ever tasted in my life. It's honestly better than beef in many respects. By far last night's A-1 and sauteed' onions was awesome... but they're just great in any form.
September 23rd, 2008, 7:36 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food