·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

McVitie's Hobnobs Flapjacks

by Liv | Published on December 4th, 2008, 1:59 pm | Food
I'm looking for a stocking stuffer for Shan, and having the darnedest time finding this product online... I've found the chocolate hobnob flapjacks but not the non-chocolate one's she's been raving about since we left London. Supposedly it's like a granola honeyish flavor... but I can't find anything online or where to order it from... Even the company that makes them "United Biscuit" seems to hate the internet...

The best pic I could find is this: (the bottom one) ... I think...

Anyone know where to get em... (don't say fly back to London?)

Liv wrote:I'm looking for a stocking stuffer for Shan, and having the darnedest time finding this product online... I've found the chocolate hobnob flapjacks but not the non-chocolate one's she's been raving about since we left London. Supposedly it's like a granola honeyish flavor... but I can't find anything online or where to order it from... Even the company that makes them "United Biscuit" seems to hate the internet...

World Market's a no, huh?

then try ebay, baby

I used Mc Vities as my search term

and amazon too

I seached with " hobnobs"

Both have 'em and when you order, you either owe me a pack OR a lunch at El Fish and Chippos. :D
"Those who embrace the deity of Christ rather than the morals of Christ are not religious…they are pseudo-religious and dangerous to our national interests.”
- Thomas Jefferson
December 4th, 2008, 2:32 pm
C. Alice

Hi Liv

Which store did you find them in?

If I can't get one locally, then I'll have a look in London when I'm there next week on business.

Should be able to ship for you to get before Christmas.

I owe you a favour after sorting out those mince pies, for when I was at your Christmas party

Cheers

Paul
December 4th, 2008, 3:09 pm
smiler125

All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
December 4th, 2008, 3:22 pm
A Person

According to Shan... we got them at the petrol station across from the hotel on bath rd... but now that I've beat me head against the laptop... she's confessing they may have chocolate.... :roll: I think I'm just going to order those for her... She keeps saying it's a blue wrapper.... but the blue is chocolate.... then she starts to doubt her stance for the last year..... then I remember them... and I'm like... I think they did have chocolate....

so, no worries....
December 4th, 2008, 3:22 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

A Person wrote:Here too:
http://www.britishdelights.com/prod_b061.htm
$3.25 + Shipping

No they have those at world market.... but it's the "flapjacks" that she's wanting...
December 4th, 2008, 3:24 pm
Liv

"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
December 4th, 2008, 3:34 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I loved the video :P

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcD7-eNMsRQ[/youtubevideo]

Those flapjacks are some newfangled thingy and a travesty of the real Hobnob with its long history stretching back to the dim and distant early eighties.
December 4th, 2008, 3:45 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:I'm looking for a stocking stuffer for Shan, and having the darnedest time finding this product online... I've found the chocolate hobnob flapjacks but not the non-chocolate one's she's been raving about since we left London. Supposedly it's like a granola honeyish flavor... but I can't find anything online or where to order it from... Even the company that makes them "United Biscuit" seems to hate the internet...

Hi there

You have truly marvellous taste I must say!!
Please try Britsuperstore.com
They have a tonne of all Brit goodies, including Smarties, etc!! Or you could try the Expat web sites, plenty on Google.
What's this about KK doing mincepies?! Is there anywhere I can get real mincemeat and not that crappola "nonsuch" stuff?
Cheers!
Bribrat.
December 9th, 2008, 10:13 pm
britbrat

hobnobs.jpg
Smiler posted Shannon a HobNob she's been so craving. She literally broke down in tears as she remembered our morning routine in London of stopping at a gas station for these and "Baps" on our way to Heathrow to ride the Tube. She broke me off a piece, they're super yummy...

I thought I had some ordered from a exporting company, but they canceled that portion of the order when they didn't have any available. They ended up sending the rest of the order though, which I'll post after Christmas... don't want Shannon to figure it out...

hobnobs_2.jpg
December 22nd, 2008, 10:29 am
Liv

Return to Food