Welsh Birthday Cake

by
Published on January 9th, 2008, 3:19 pm
Rift: Food

I'd be glad to trade. Sounds like a reality TV show.
May the fetus you save be gay.
January 9th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Liv wrote:Made it out of Hell this morning. We were slow, thank goodness.

By the way... I'm only 31

Ah to be that young again. I've got a birthday coming up next month. I'll be 51.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
January 9th, 2008, 4:01 pm
RebelSnake

scoans_and_coffee.gif
Today has been fairly uneventful. Worked on a website for a book for friend, and answered a few dozen emails when I got home, then took the dog for a walk. Came back and had scones. For those of you who've yet to have a scone, it's pretty much the best darn thing in the world. It was my fav, when Shan apprenticed at the Cheesecake Factory out in Los Angles. It's basically the English's version of a biscuit, but unlike here in America, it's either filled or topped with fruit or jellies. Think of it like a quasi Bo Berry Biscuit.

So Anyways. Scones rock. Apparently I'm having a "British" Birthday. We're having Fish & Chips for birthday dinner, followed by a "Queen" ElizaLiv cake. Unfortunately she rejected my original concept of a Tsunami toppling the London eye, and big Ben. Anyhow, I'm tired, and have been up since 4 am. Shannon's been rambling about clotted creme for about 2 hours now, which sounds a bit scary. Atleast I don't have some fascination with living in Scotland, or else I'd be eating haggis for dinner. Although I've got to admit, Stuffed pig intestines doesn't sound all that bad to me.

fish_and_chips_2.gif
January 9th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Just think, based on American Health care's current state.... I'll be dead in another 4 years.
January 9th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Run to the store and get yourself a pint of heavy cream- chill it well, and dump into a metal ( also chilled) mixing bowl and beat with a hand blender (with chilled beaters) or dump into a food processor with a ( yup, chilled0 knife attachment or pour into a blender ( stick the bottom part with blades in the freezer till, you know..) you need some homemade butter to go on those homemade scones, girls!
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
January 9th, 2008, 5:10 pm
C. Alice

Liv wrote:else I'd be eating haggis for dinner. Although I've got to admit, Stuffed pig intestines doesn't sound all that bad to me
Sheep's stomach Liv, sheep's stomach.

Stuffed pig's intestines are sausages. A good haggis is very nice. A mixture of sheep's heart, liver and lungs, finely chopped or ground with onion, oatmeal, spices, and salt. The ones served deep fried in batter in Scottish fish and chip shops are mostly oatmeal and are disgusting. You can buy haggis in the US but it won't include the lungs.

Unfortunately you can't get or easily make clotted cream here either. You need unhomogenized full cream milk. You can get close by gently heating whipping cream in a double saucepan over hot water - don't stir. After around two hours it will thicken and a yellow buttery crust will form.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
January 9th, 2008, 5:45 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:Just think, based on American Health care's current state.... I'll be dead in another 4 years.

but here's a healthy way to celebrate in style:

411428b.jpg
411428b.jpg (12.88 KiB) Viewed 157 times

Just add candles!

Have a fabulous birthday!
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
January 9th, 2008, 6:49 pm
C. Alice

For the 9th time, right?

Happy Birthday. :D
Jan 29, 2008: Mark this day.. "ignorance is bliss" and I actually completely agree.. now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hurl myself off the building.- Sanjuro
Consider it marked.
January 9th, 2008, 7:28 pm
IgnoranceIsBliss

RebelSnake wrote:

Ah to be that young again. I've got a birthday coming up next month. I'll be 51.

Dang. >.> Can I call you 'Dad'? :lol:
Jan 29, 2008: Mark this day.. "ignorance is bliss" and I actually completely agree.. now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hurl myself off the building.- Sanjuro
Consider it marked.
January 9th, 2008, 7:34 pm
IgnoranceIsBliss

I hope you've had a nice birthday, Liv. Go easy on the partying tonight as tomorrow is a workday.
January 9th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Nfidel

Shannon said the same thing about the clotted creme... Said it had ingrediants that she didn't know if she could get.... I said to check with everyone online....
January 10th, 2008, 8:00 am
Liv

Follow Me
ur_scones.jpg
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
January 10th, 2008, 9:42 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

A Person wrote:Unfortunately you can't get or easily make clotted cream here either.

Found it at World Market tonight.... Straight from London.
May 5th, 2008, 5:48 pm
Liv

Follow Me
welsh_dragon_cake.jpg
You may (or may not) remember the previous year's birthday cakes like "The Stargate & Pyramid" cake, or "The Castle Cake", or the "Tea & Scone" party last year... This birthday was "everything Welsh". Shannon decorated the Welsh Dragon on a cake as requested with my latest infatuation with my family genealogy and our Welsh roots. The story behind the "Red" dragon is an interesting one if you're not familiar... Wiki it. America sucks compared to Wales... we have the stupid eagle, they have a freaking fire breathing dragon that can swallow eagles for snack time.... of course as luck would have it, we became a Superpower and Wales became a low-priced suburb for London.

Anyhow the cake was great. White cake, fudge filling with whipped topping. Shannon is a rock star of cakes... so much so, Cindy Farmer showed up today for a cake. Shannon was a bit star struck, but at the same time started making judgements about her stage makeup, as it was clear she just got off the anchor desk... and well once a theater person, always a theater person... you always just pick up on things like that.

MMMMmmmmm.... Welsh Dragons taste so good... Especially with chili burgers, homemade french fries, and Dr Who.
January 9th, 2009, 9:48 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Happy Birthday!

Mine was yesterday! 8)
January 9th, 2009, 10:26 pm
Pineview Style

Happy Birthday from a country where a large rodent is considered the epitome of heraldic nobility.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
January 9th, 2009, 10:35 pm
A Person

Thank you, I'm having a sugar hang-over this morning....
January 10th, 2009, 10:34 am
Liv

Follow Me
Happy belated, and great story!
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
January 10th, 2009, 11:43 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Return to Food