·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Does Size Really Matter?

by shannon | Published on November 10th, 2010, 9:38 am | Science
This bushcricket has a lot to brag about. I just wonder if they are more aggressive than others? They probably still won't stop and ask for directions.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... e-animals/

Can you imagine trying to walk around trying to carry 11 bags of sugar between your legs? Yikes!

shannon wrote:
Can you imagine trying to walk around trying to carry 11 bags of sugar between your legs? Yikes!

Finally, someone who gets me.
November 10th, 2010, 1:28 pm
Nfidel

Mankind thinks they will evolve to be smarter, perhaps with bigger brains.... This makes me wonder....
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
November 10th, 2010, 4:02 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Mankind thinks they will evolve to be smarter, perhaps with bigger brains.... This makes me wonder....

Seriously though, given the current mood of anti-intellectualism and the fact that evolution selects for those that can better reproduce, maybe many thousands of years after our upcoming Idiocracy period the male of the species may indeed be able to sling his testicles over his shoulder, helping to warm the thumb sized stump of a skull which houses only the commands> eat> hump> repeat.
November 10th, 2010, 4:21 pm
Nfidel

This thread makes me think of all the African B&W pictures I've seen of genitals mutilation and all that... swinging bricks on their dongs and stuff.
November 10th, 2010, 5:47 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

To inject a bit of reality here - the cricket's testes are carried inside its abdomen. It's like saying BHL has a huge liver.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
November 12th, 2010, 8:43 pm
A Person

Return to Science