·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Sissies were studied

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on June 8th, 2011, 7:55 am | Science
CNN has an article out that certainly brought back for me painful memories of my childhood. While my experiences weren't as terrible as the boy who was such a "sissy" that he was handed over for psychological experiments, I CAN relate.

I was an outsider all through those years, never fitting in anywhere, never finding at home the sanctuary I needed. I got into fights at school, always losing them to more athletic bullies, and my father thought the only solution was to teach me how to fight.

It's a damn lonely, cold world when you have no friends, and parents who are constantly trying to "fix" you. I recognize that their efforts were with good intentions, and the best they could come up with... But the nurturing love that could have helped and given me a shot at some self-confidence as I got ready for life on my own -- well, that never happened.

I just don't know. I guess it's natural for society to place some value on conformity to norms, and to exert pressures to that end. But what's so bloody terrible about tolerating a bit of variance? Maybe if we left "sissies" and "Tomboys" be, there would be far less heartache all around. And less heartache, is that really a bad thing?

The 'therapist' who 'fixed' the too feminine child was none other than 'lift my luggage' Rekers

Why is that not surprising?
A Person

It bothers me when people don't see the beauty in people being just themselves.
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Much of the time, it was an awfully lonely time, growing up. I loved science, which wasn't "normal" around here. I wasn't interested much in guns, which is definitely NOT normal here. With years of near isolation, I grew up thinking there was something wrong with me, but I had no clue how to fix it.

I can only imagine how awful it was, growing up with parents who were told it was theoretically possible to beat the sissy into manhood. That would scar one deeply, I have no doubt. It's just awful... I wonder about this father who accepted the instructions from this "scientific authority." He obviously felt strongly that he needed to "fix" his defective son.

And this creep Reckers denies that his cruelty had any connection to this death? Living in denial yet again. :evil:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Rekers is living in a permanent state of denial. With his "Luggage Lifting Toy Boy"
A Person

Like being gay is a bad thing....

...Seriously... people worry about the silliest things.
Liv

The religious crowd that carries on with their anti-gay BS are nothing but bigots. It's that simple. They have their excuses and they have their quotes from the Bible all memorized, but those excuses are thin gauze over their unreasoning hatred and fear.

In the ancient world, they had something like a reason to see homosexuality as a threat to their nation -- high infant mortality and average lifespan of like 25-35 years meant that "every sperm was sacred." So they made up a rule that the invisible sky-daddy had this rule and if anyone broke it, everyone would suffer a nasty punishment. Made it easy to scare people who had no more sense than they did then, being ignorant, illiterate sheep-keepers.

In this modern day, when we have every reason to know better, people are still suffering because of that crap. And then there are the creeps that obviously are using this Bible BS as a cover for simple hatred. There's no call for it. Life is bad enough without them going the extra mile to make life worse for gays. But they seem to have that as their main goal in life. It's just so frustrating...
SouthernFriedInfidel

I like that internet meme going around that says "Every species God has put on this earth has homosexuality but only one is stupid enough to pretend God didn't intend for it."
Liv