·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Great questions in science: octopus dexterity

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on July 24th, 2008, 11:41 am | Science
How do you tell if an octopus has a "dominant" tentacle? Give it a Rubick's Cube. :twisted:

While they're not looking to see if one can solve it, wouldn't it be fun if one did.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
July 24th, 2008, 12:17 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:While they're not looking to see if one can solve it, wouldn't it be fun if one did.

I would love that! Just imagine the fun that would ensue when all sides are solved and it puts the cube down.

Of course, the second it happened, the researchers would want to dissect it, to find out how its brain works. :lol:
July 24th, 2008, 12:30 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I would have to stop eating Pulpa a la Veracruz
July 24th, 2008, 10:09 pm
A Person

eaoctopus107.jpg

The picture is priceless....

Next thing you know they'll have them domesticated.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
July 25th, 2008, 2:29 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

I just want to know how they get these critters INTERESTED in playing with the blasted things. :lol:
July 25th, 2008, 2:35 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
[youtubeembed]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjKZEX2CgMI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjKZEX2CgMI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubeembed]
July 26th, 2008, 8:44 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Science