·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

USB Flash Drive : Decapitated Teddy Bear

by Liv | Published on June 16th, 2006, 11:15 am | Science
usb_bear.jpg

This may be the most hilarious storage device ever produced. Remove the teddy bears head, and a USB plug appears. Stick the plug in your USB port, and the bear looks like he got his head stuck in the computer.
usb_teddy.jpg

you have WAY too much time on your hands.
December 10th, 2006, 8:02 pm
Matt

Not really... it's all about the time-management skills! :D
December 10th, 2006, 8:15 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Did you check the maximum current draw of the motor at 5v first?

The maximum permitted draw for a USB device is 500ma, it wouldn't suprise me if you were close to that. I can't help but think that could prove to be a very expensive power supply.

Addendum: There are additional current restraints on USB devices that apply during system start-up or when a device is initially connected to an active bus. Until a device is properly configured by the USB system, the device may not draw more than 100 mA
December 10th, 2006, 11:36 pm
A Person

I'd be suprised if the draw is more than 500ma.... I'm no rocket scientists but 500ma is alot of juice....

Needless to say, it seems to work just fine with no problems.
December 11th, 2006, 8:00 am
Liv

You think I'm crazy about USB stuff?

Check out Mary as you shove her in your USB port, she lights up red. BHL will no doubt have this in days for his computer.
holy_mary_mother_of_god_usb_drive.jpg
October 12th, 2007, 12:45 pm
Liv

Probably more like Matt since he's Cat-lick 8)
October 12th, 2007, 1:00 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

It's interesting but i don't subscibe to the mother mary thingy. She was an exceptionally good woman but she was no more than that and is certainly not worthy of worship.
October 12th, 2007, 2:05 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:It's interesting but i don't subscribe to the mother Mary thingy. She was an exceptionally good woman but she was no more than that and is certainly not worthy of worship.

So that rules you out as Catholic then right?
October 12th, 2007, 2:36 pm
Liv

BecauseHeLives wrote:It's interesting but i don't subscibe to the mother mary thingy. She was an exceptionally good woman but she was no more than that and is certainly not worthy of worship.

Just God's incubator. Makes you wonder why the Bible makes such a deal out of Jesus (Mary's) genealogy.

I like the LED 'heartbeat'. Everytime you turn off your computer you kill Mary, Mother of God.
October 12th, 2007, 2:48 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:It's interesting but i don't subscribe to the mother Mary thingy. She was an exceptionally good woman but she was no more than that and is certainly not worthy of worship.

So that rules you out as Catholic then right?

Yup.
October 12th, 2007, 3:09 pm
BecauseHeLives

Makes you wonder why the Bible makes such a deal out of Jesus (Mary's) genealogy.

No wonder here. It was a fulfillment of prophecy. Other than that there is no reason I can think of...
October 12th, 2007, 3:11 pm
BecauseHeLives

Hi good people! Could someone tell me where to buy the USB teddy?
Im in Norway and would like to know the price...

Thanks!

a
November 26th, 2007, 8:33 am
northface

northface wrote:Hi good people! Could someone tell me where to buy the USB teddy?

Thanks!

a

According to reports, there are not plans to make it available for purchase..yet. Of course one could make their own fairly easily with a USB drive, a teddy, some hotglue and needle/thread. :twisted:
November 26th, 2007, 9:11 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I need to build these suckers... Wonder where I can get me some cheap little bears...
November 26th, 2007, 12:48 pm
Liv

heeeey where do i get one of those teddy bear?????? it awesome
January 5th, 2008, 1:39 am
nec

Hey Liv,
Any luck with the bear search. There's definitely a gap in the market. Have bookmarked 'greensboring' so I can check on your progress.
Anon
January 16th, 2008, 12:29 pm
anonymityrules

As far as I know, these are still homemade.
January 16th, 2008, 6:29 pm
Liv

northface wrote:Hi good people! Could someone tell me where to buy the USB teddy?

Thanks!

a

Uh, on Ebay, hope i helped.
July 29th, 2008, 7:06 am
movromka

Return to Science