·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

UK set to explore deepest volcanoes in the world

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on August 11th, 2008, 8:53 am | Science
Using a new remote control sub, a British research team will go down 6 km to check out the deepest volcanoes in the world. It will be very interesting to see what they find there. According to the latest theories I've heard of, these deep geothermal spots in the ocean are very likely the sort of place where life started out on Earth. We'll have to keep an eye on this stuff.

They find and awaken a dormant sea creature that comes back to life and kills us all.... Ever see cloverfield?
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
August 11th, 2008, 12:11 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:They find and awaken a dormant sea creature that comes back to life and kills us all.... Ever see cloverfield?

You mean the shaky-cam re-make of pretty much every sea-monster film of the past 60 years? Nope. :mrgreen:
August 11th, 2008, 12:29 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Maybe they'll find Voltron.
August 11th, 2008, 12:47 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:Maybe they'll find Voltron.

If they do, they'll just ship it off to Afghanistan to blow stuff up in hopes of randomly hitting Bin Laden. 8)
August 11th, 2008, 12:50 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
You see! That movie "The Core" wasn't fiction after all. Scientists are really piloting vehicles to the earth's core to fix the messed up magnetic stuff so the earth doesn't fall apart on us. And some of you didn't believe!
August 16th, 2008, 5:13 pm
Questioner

I just don't get how they made it back to the surface without the laser.... I mean... sure 1 or 2 hours is believable, but 16 hour trip through a volcanic flow without hitting something... come on...
August 16th, 2008, 6:34 pm
Liv

Return to Science