Obama appoints Amanda Simpson to Commerce Dept

by
Published on January 5th, 2010, 12:34 am
Rift: News

Obama has appointed Amanda Simpson to Senior Technical Adviser to the Commerce Department.

Of course the interest in, and inevitable opposition to, this appointment is not her qualifications for the job, rather that she is a transgendered woman

According to most estimates, "transgender" individuals account for less than a fraction of 1 percent of the population. Yet, LaBarbera said, they have convinced the Obama administration to affirm their position that gender is fluid and changeable.

"We should consider what transgender activism is about," he said," which is essentially recognizing civil rights based on gender confusion."

Matt Barber, associate dean at Liberty University, said the appointment "boggles the mind."

"This isn't like appointing an African-American in order to try to provide diversity and right some kind of discriminatory wrong," he said. "This is about political correctness.

Because what's under her clothes is so much more important than her qualifications.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
January 5th, 2010, 12:34 am

Another chance for ideology to be the subject rather than whether the nominee is qualified? What a shocker. :roll:
January 5th, 2010, 4:13 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
A Person wrote:Because what's under her clothes is so much more important than her qualifications.

It's not the getting the job that's tough, it will be keeping it, in my experience.... There will be at least one nutter in HR with a cross on her desk who will make it her life's work to get her out....
May the fetus you save be gay.
January 5th, 2010, 7:26 am
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:
A Person wrote:Because what's under her clothes is so much more important than her qualifications.

It's not the getting the job that's tough, it will be keeping it, in my experience.... There will be at least one nutter in HR with a cross on her desk who will make it her life's work to get her out....

I expect that HR will be the least of her worries if she gets in.
January 5th, 2010, 7:27 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

What gets me about this is that at least initially, no one is asking whether this nominee is qualified for the job. The same thing happened with Michael "Brownie" Brown when Dubya proposed him for FEMA... only that lack of questioning regarding qualifications led to disaster, because HE was a political crony who got the job as a reward for being a donor.

Hopefully, Simpson's qualifications WILL be checked on. That way, we'll see if the nomination is a political ploy or not.
January 5th, 2010, 8:44 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

The Christian Broadcasting Network cuts to the chase. With surprising candour they admit that qualifications don't matter because it is trumped by evangelical conservatism which hates having to deal with reality.

I know. I know. There will be those who say all that matters is whether or not Simpson is qualified for the job. And I know there will be those who will wonder why I am even writing about this considering there may be more important topics to discuss but here's a newsflash for you: The transgender thing doesn't play well with millions of conservative Evangelicals. Sorry if Biblical absolutes offend you or are so "1950 ish" but don't think conservative Evangelicals are apologizing for it.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
January 5th, 2010, 4:11 pm
A Person

Ironically, Jesus himself didn't even suffer as much as this poor woman had to get where she is... She is deserving of probably more than any cigender or equivalent.
January 5th, 2010, 5:11 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:She is deserving of probably more than any cigender or equivalent.

I had to look that one up. I think you mean Cisgender I was wondering if there was some cigar innuendo there, if you know what I mean.

Secondly, if we assume the basics of the Jesus story to be true, Amanda Simpson didn't have to go through crucifixion to get where she is. She likely did have to be well qualified, which should be the only thing to consider.

I must have told you a million times not to exaggerate.
January 5th, 2010, 5:22 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:Secondly, if we assume the basics of the Jesus story to be true, Amanda Simpson didn't have to go through crucifixion to get where she is. She likely did have to be well qualified, which should be the only thing to consider.

I must have told you a million times not to exaggerate.

I imagine many women of transition see crucifixion as a walk in the park.
January 5th, 2010, 5:44 pm
Liv

Follow Me
If by women of transition you mean undergoing gender reassignment surgery, then while I agree that it is painful, like any other surgery anesthetics and analgesics are used - and it is almost never fatal, unlike crucifixion (the real thing, not the fake ones in the Philippines)
January 5th, 2010, 6:08 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:If by women of transition you mean undergoing gender reassignment surgery, then while I agree that it is painful, like any other surgery anesthetics and analgesics are used - and it is almost never fatal, unlike crucifixion (the real thing, not the fake ones in the Philippines)

+the years of being stuck with needles in the face with large amounts of electricity frying each follicle one by one for hours on end... with NO anesthetic!!!
+mental anguish, the complete mind frak being born in the wrong gender has till you figure it out.
+going through puberty twice.
+the absurd financial burden.
+giving up permanently you ability to produce children.
+dealing with the complete crap like that Christian group is tossing up when they have absolutely no qualification to write anything with the word 'transgender' in it.

Lets also not forget SRS is just one of the many surgeries that are becoming routine. Also included is one to many facial surgeries, and vocal surgeries. Many elect for breast enlargement, and other surgeries as well.

I have no problem with the journey (though painful) as it is a necessary one, but when people such as the above CBN blogger writes about this subject without any understanding of it, it is completely disrespectful, bigoted, and hateful. Their words stand as what they are, ramblings of a personal opinion that hold no value, add no context to the conversation, are crass, immature, and are intended as nothing more than disgusting words of vile meant to spew propaganda upon readers of similar low intelligence.
January 5th, 2010, 6:47 pm
Liv

Follow Me
And yet you are alive.

Not to mention being supported by a loving partner, great children and the respect and friendship of a great many people.

You're real too which puts you one up on Jesus.
January 5th, 2010, 10:59 pm
A Person

I'm not saying this to engender pity, I'm just saying it's disrespectful of the highest sort for CBN and AFA to speak anything about her transition and her professional life in the same conversation.
January 6th, 2010, 9:32 am
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:I'm not saying this to engender pity, I'm just saying it's disrespectful of the highest sort for CBN and AFA to speak anything about her transition and her professional life in the same conversation.

It's both disrespectful and deceitful to do so regardless of the process she went through in her personal life. The American people deserve better treatment, but CBN's audience appears not to even notice.
January 6th, 2010, 9:44 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Liv wrote:I'm not saying this to engender pity, I'm just saying it's disrespectful of the highest sort for CBN and AFA to speak anything about her transition and her professional life in the same conversation.

Of course, it's disrespectful and irrelevant. I'm just calling you out on your hyperbole.
January 6th, 2010, 10:44 am
A Person

A Person wrote:

Of course, it's disrespectful and irrelevant. I'm just calling you out on your hyperbole.

Considering the large number of transgender people who commit suicide annually, I'd say my hyperbole is is justifiable if not ironically too similar to our boy in a dress who was nailed to a cross whom society didn't support, and suffered ridicule....

...Hell, maybe we got the whole sacrifice thing all wrong, and Jesus (whom was tempted in every human way) just might have been a little saddened by the lack of colorful frocks and lack of electrology... and used the whole hanging on a cross thing to cover his closeted escape into suicide land?
January 6th, 2010, 3:09 pm
Liv

Follow Me

Return to News