Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Either dead or in jail

What The Funk?

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 am

That's where Ted Nugent expects to be this time next year if Obama is re-elected. Seriously, this guy is one of the worst nut-bars in the public eye these days. Of course, the NRA flat-out loves him, cause nut bars always go well together...
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

You know, I know the face, and the name... but I don't recall anything he has sung.

(Goooogling....)

Oh.. Damn Yankees.... Loved that band..... Had their tape....

He doesn't strike me as a Republican.... Maybe he just loves playing the devil's advocate for fame's sake? You know, there's no such thing as bad press.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

He's a committed wing nut and has been for years. It's no cynical act.

Here's his full performance

Warning, it's over 20 minutes long and it's a paranoid rant about how Obama is evil, wiping his ass on the Constitution and how Real 'Merkins (who are by definition NRA fanatics) should be ready to get their guns and correct things if Obama is democratically elected again. ""If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him"

Dead or in jail? Sounds like a win-win.
A Person

Postby Liv » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Hey he said "move to France"... Guess Belgium will have to do!
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Sounds like he's the epitome of the Moonbattery crowd. Seriously, these folks sound very like they are clinically paranoid. Why aren't they committed to institutions for people who are a positive danger to society?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 am

I honestly think it comes all back to greed. These rich people are so afraid of losing anything they have, they desperately try to over-compensate by the opposite.

Think about it...

"They'll (gays) ruin marriage" (losing marriage)
"Obamacare makes me pay for loser's health" (loss of money, possible loss of quality health care)
"Obama drives oil prices up" (I can't have my SUV)
Guns. (You can't take those either.)

It's greed. GREED, GREED, GREED, MO_FO-ing GREED!

They're so afraid of social unity putting them in the poor house with a geo metro, no gun, and crappy insurance- their greed has made them psychotic.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:47 am

Apparently he was paid quite a large amount of cash by the NRA to be provocative

According to a 2012 "report of the secretary" memo released to the annual meeting of NRA members detailing payments to board members in excess of $2,000, Nugent was paid $50,000 plus travel expenses for his presentation at the 2011 annual meeting:

The payment to Nugent by the NRA is well above the $35,000 "average fee" listed on his profile page with Celebrity Talent International, a booking agency for performers, speakers, sports figures and actors.

It is likely that Nugent, who is a member of the NRA Board and has appeared at the last eight NRA annual conventions (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004), had a similar arrangement in place for this year's events.
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 am

Yeah, he and the NRA are definitely on the same page, politically. The presidents of the association have been spewing paranoid rhetoric about Obama from the day he became a front-runner in 2008. And to avoid repeating the same stale BS every time they get up to the podium, they just keep ratcheting up the stridency of their paranoid delusional screeching.

Now, it appears that the Secret Service is finding it necessary to sit ol' Ted down and have a little chat with him, to see what he thinks about it all. I'm sure THAT will play well with the Moonbattery folks.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

Well there you have it... I can pretend to be fond of a lot of things for $50,000. Most people do it everyday on their job.

I've seen his cribs episode though... he doesn't need $50,000.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 am

Interesting fallout from this nut's verbal diarrhea the other week: a planned concert that Nugent was signed for at an army base has been canceled. And of COURSE, there are a lot of "patriots" from the Army that are upset. Because who wouldn't want the troops to hear this creep get up in front of thousands of soldiers and regale them with all his thoughts on how their commander in chief needs to die?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:50 pm

He will learn. Conservatives will learn.... this country is on a train to change, and if they're not on board they're going to get left behind.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

How interesting... the video has been removed.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Liv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 am

Apparently he was lying.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 am

Of course he was. He and all his compatriots have become so addicted to hyperbole that they don't even bother to pay attention to their blather to check for truth content.

I've been looking over the past weekend at comments posted to news stories about the "sequester." Neo-cons are in a state of hyper-anger for no apparent reason, hurling invective at "libruls," "King BO," and so forth at random. Not even bothering to look at the fact that they have gotten exactly what they wanted all along: across the board spending cuts with no taxes on their precious buddies the rich.

Makes me wonder...
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

It's time to dismiss congress in my opinion, declare a military state, and Obama needs to rewrite the constitutions void of idiots.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to WTF?