Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Controversial gospel of Barnabus

What The Funk?

Postby Jamy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:02 pm

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/03/218349.html

I thought this was rather interesting. I've never much approved of how the bible is put together from cherry-picked selections that religious sects accept or reject for their own political reasons. For instance, the bibles I grew up with didn't contain the Pentateuch. I also think it's interesting that Christians, Jews, and Muslims share a similar story about Abraham/Ibrahim was asked to sacrifice his son: http://www.al-islam.org/gallery/kids/books/stories/part6.htm. I bet most Christians don't even know about that.
Jamy

Postby Liv » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Apparently there are several books that are missing.

If I recall correctly, there literally was a meeting (historically recorded) where the church got together and selectively "edited" those books they wanted, and those they didn't. They now claim it was some sort of divine editing, which removed the "false" messages, but you get the point.

The book of Enoch sounds cool. Personally after watching this documentary, I'm convinced Jesus was a monk.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jamy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 pm

I've always believed he studied Buddhism when he was gone for those seven years. It all just ties in too perfectly not to have some connection.
Jamy

Postby Lady Donna Royce » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm

To this day, you will never convince me that this Jesus was nothing more then a MAN! A good man to be sure but a man none the less. It was the church that elevated a good man teaching a good thing to the status of a god.
At that time the only people that could read where the “Church Men.” So all the people could do was to take the “Church Men's” word for what they said was in the bible. (The funny thing is that the people are the same way today!)

The ONLY reason that these “Church Men” were doing this was GREED and POWER! These men wanted to wrest power from those that were in power at that time and that was WOMAN! At that time, the Pagen belief had the woman in charge of things. But most of all the woman AND the men SHARED the job of keeping things in order and keeping the people safe and happy and they were doing a damn good job of it, till a bunch of men that did not like the idea of of how things were going and had a HUGE GREED on for power and money and controlling others around them going on.

So these men cooked up this “god” and used this “Jesus” as their connection to this “god” to make the people bend the knee to them and in turn get the people to give them every bit of money and property they could get their nasty hands on.
And when they ran up against people that did not buy what they were selling, they came up with ways to ROB them of everything they had (This was the “Inquisition.”) and they used this god and their bible to get away with it!

So the way I see it. The Pagen belief is the true and only one and these others are nothing more then GREEDY USERPERS that WILL do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to hold on to the power they STOLE so long ago!

Like I said above. I do believe in the man known to the world as Jesus . BUT! I only believe he was A VERY GOOD MAN THAT TRIED TO TEACH US HOW TO LIVE A BETTER LIFE AND HOW TO TREAT THOSE AROUND US AS WE WISH TO BE TREATED!

HE TAUGHT US LOVE!

Lady Donna Royce
Lady Donna Royce

Postby A Person » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:35 pm

John Lennon is Jesus. He was even sacrificed for no good reason
A Person

Postby Jamy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:58 am

I think you're the atheist Jesus, AP. But not to worry, if anyone tries to crucify you, I'll come to your rescue with my trusty claw hammer and get you down.
Jamy

Postby A Person » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:01 am

Sorry to disillusion you, but my morals are not so rigid and my principles tempered with self defense. Given the choice of renouncing my principles or being executed, you'll find me genuflecting in the choir. Rather than be remembered by "He died to save us all!" I'd rather be remembered as "He led us to a safe place so we wouldn't die"

But it's always good to have friends with hammers in high places.
A Person

Return to WTF?