Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Pregnant girl is refused needed chemotherapy

What The Funk?

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:55 am

So here we have the scenario that many in America would go along with. A young girl, 16, is pregnant and needs treatment for aggressive leukemia... What to do? In the Dominican Republic, the answer is simple: deny her the treatment she needs, because that would result in killing her nine-week fetus.

Can she survive long enough to deliver this fetus as a viable baby? If she does survive that long, will she be doomed to a possibly preventable death? Who cares? They have laws in place, rules that cover EVERYONE in EVERY situation.

I wonder if any of the men who set up these rules even bothers to question the wisdom of these rules with this story in light?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Perhaps the answer if it can be afforded is to fly outside of the country and have the abortion?

I know I've thought about it here.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

If she did that & then went back to the DR, she could be charged with murder. Women who have a miscarriage there frequently wake up in hospital wearing handcuffs & have to prove that it was natural. - think of how difficult that could be.

That's what the wingnuts want the USA to be. A fetus is more important than a woman - after all it might be male.
A Person

Postby Liv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

It might be a Republican.

With the voter id laws going on, I'm surprised they don't write abortions are legal only for Democrats.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Be careful what you think is crazy. It just might become the next bill introduced in Congress.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 pm

You mean Republicans are watching this very websites for the things we hate, to implement them?

OH NO!
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 am

Well the "right to life" people finally got their way in this case. After delaying treatment for precious weeks, this poor girl died of her cancer. I wonder if there will be a separate funeral for the fetus... And if the crowd mourning the fetus will have more mourners than for the mother that killed it by getting cancer?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 am

Sad.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

What's really sad is that clowns like BHL & Srirling will claim that its all for the glory of God.

In some ineffable way.

People who put the mythos of iron age goat herders ahead of reason & compassion are effable
A Person

Return to WTF?