Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

NRA solution to school killings: MORE GUNS!

What The Funk?

Postby royaldiadem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I never raised my voice to RD. Ever, either in person or by email.

Revisionist Historic Testimony.

How do you raise your voice in email? Seems to me that would be violent typing.

As to the question,.. The object does not make the offense, the human makes the offense of murder. To legislate the object answers another agenda, Selfishness, (when full blown [pun] is a Dictatorship)

So,.. I am armed (heavily I must say) so that I may:
Defend Life of Human Beings (which are valuable because the Bible objectively establishes Human Life because a Human is made in the Image of Jesus Christ [GOD])

Now that I repeated the answer to the question that I was fallaciously accused of not doing so,.. lets get back to the revisionist history. There were two other people who were present during the "stand up from my chair, raised voice, vein popping answer to my question:"Is it OK for me to eat my grandmother?"

Another Life question that brings the answer above to the same question: The Value of Human Life,.. Including the Unborn.

So now, we will hear the subjective reason for gun control from the atheists, agnostics.... :violin:
royaldiadem

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

royaldiadem wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I never raised my voice to RD. Ever, either in person or by email.

Revisionist Historic Testimony.

No doubt you can re-visit the tapes you and your boy-toy "co-pastor" used to secretly record your conversations to verify. I have the complete email exchange we had, and last I looked, I never wrote anything that would indicate "bulging eyes, bulging veins, raised voices."
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm

royaldiadem wrote:As to the question,.. The object does not make the offense, the human makes the offense of murder. To legislate the object answers another agenda, Selfishness, (when full blown [pun] is a Dictatorship)

So,.. I am armed (heavily I must say) so that I may:
Defend Life of Human Beings (which are valuable because the Bible objectively establishes Human Life because a Human is made in the Image of Jesus Christ [GOD])

And where did Jesus actually say that? The question was what would Jesus say to your willingness to kill in order to protect your store?
Now that I repeated the answer to the question that I was fallaciously accused of not doing so...

You never answered originally, and you still haven't answered, so far as I can see. What you wrote here was NOT a repeat of an earlier response, so YOU are lying. But that is hardly a problem for you is it?
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby royaldiadem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:01 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:And where did Jesus actually say that? The question was what would Jesus say to your willingness to kill in order to protect your store? You never answered originally, and you still haven't answered, so far as I can see. What you wrote here was NOT a repeat of an earlier response, so YOU are lying. But that is hardly a problem for you is it?

Problem is that you don't want the answer. If you read carefully instead of blurting you would understand the answer. Now to your immediate question:

Genesis 1: 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
You should remember that as you SAID you READ the BIBLE. But clearly you do not understand what it says. So did you LIE? Or is it that you cannot or will not make the deduction?

On another issue, should I post this question here or on a new thread:

"Why is it wrong to lie?"

that will demonstrate the futility of the morals of an atheist.
royaldiadem

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

royaldiadem wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:And where did Jesus actually say that? The question was what would Jesus say to your willingness to kill in order to protect your store? You never answered originally, and you still haven't answered, so far as I can see. What you wrote here was NOT a repeat of an earlier response, so YOU are lying. But that is hardly a problem for you is it?

Problem is that you don't want the answer. If you read carefully instead of blurting you would understand the answer.

Once again, trying rather pathetically to dodge the problem. And of course, that leads to more problems for you.

1) I asked a question, what would Jesus say about you being heavily armed. Your response was pretty much "read the Bible." Which gives no real information.

2) I pointed out that you did not actually answer the question, which is true.

3) You stated that you were falsely accused of not answering, which is a false statement.

4) You stated that you were repeating an answer that was already given, which is also false.

Now to your immediate question:

Genesis 1: 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
You should remember that as you SAID you READ the BIBLE. But clearly you do not understand what it says.

I understand very well what the Bible verse you quoted says. I am not sure how you link that to a willingness to kill a human that is threatening to rob your store... you would need to EXPLAIN that link, because while I CAN read the Bible, I CAN'T read your mind. Side note: even if I WANTED to read that, I wouldn't.

A further question: You very likely read A Person's suggested list of quotes of Jesus from the Bible that ARE on topic, and appear to disagree with your judgment of the topic. Mind explaining how it is you think Jesus was wrong?

So did you LIE?

Excuse me? What "lie" are you accusing me of?

On another issue, should I post this question here or on a new thread:

"Why is it wrong to lie?"

that will demonstrate the futility of the morals of an atheist.

By all means, try it out and start a new thread. It's a different subject. But it would be far more interesting if you'd say more than: "It's wrong to lie. Read the Bible to see why."
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby royaldiadem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
royaldiadem wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:And where did Jesus actually say that? The question was what would Jesus say to your willingness to kill in order to protect your store? ."

I never said I would kill to protect my store. You are reading your error into my statement.

I said to PROTECT HUMAN LIFE.
Calm down and read.
:o Your emotions are showing,.. likely your veins are bulging and your typing is a little more violent... are you standing up too?
royaldiadem

Postby A Person » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

royaldiadem wrote:I said to PROTECT HUMAN LIFE.

Ah no, that's factually incorrect. You said you would protect your PROPERTY (store and home)with plenty of fire power

royaldiadem wrote:I am a responsible gun owner and protect my store and home with plenty of fire power.

Later you obfusticated with the ridiculous statement

royaldiadem wrote:So,.. I am armed (heavily I must say) so that I may:
Defend Life of Human Beings

By being heavily armed and prepared to use those arms to Threaten the Lives of Human Beings you have escalated the risk of a theft from your property to a threat to the life of the thief (and yourself and your family). Even though Jesus tells you explicitly not to. Sounds like hypocrisy to me. I wonder what Jesus had to say about that?
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 pm

A Person wrote:
royaldiadem wrote:I said to PROTECT HUMAN LIFE.

Ah no, that's factually incorrect. You said you would protect your PROPERTY (store and home)with plenty of fire power

You know, I think this is an interesting question to explore, how can a Christian claim that a device that is designed ONLY to kill can "protect human life."

I have a guess, based on my understanding of anthropology and psychology, that a "bad guy with a gun" stops being seen by a militant Christian as "human." Therefore, the "bad guy" can be killed with a clear conscience. The gun-toting Christian can then go to church, tell everyone that he merely protected "human life," and all he did was pump lead into a target the only LOOKED human, but was in reality evil.

I hope for RD's sake that he is never in a position to put that idea into real practice. To fire a weapon, and see human blood spilled by his actions, to watch life fade from a "bad guy" before his eyes. If RD has any humanity left in him, I should think such an experience would be disturbing.

Then again, his actions over the years has led me often to wonder about just WHO he considers "HUMAN" in the first place.
royaldiadem wrote:I am a responsible gun owner and protect my store and home with plenty of fire power.

Later you obfusticated with the ridiculous statement

royaldiadem wrote:So,.. I am armed (heavily I must say) so that I may:
Defend Life of Human Beings

RD... OBFUSCATE? Naw... say it ain't so! :lol:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby A Person » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:42 am

You'd think Jesus was silent on how to treat enemies

Luke:
6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Now I know Jesus was hopelessly naive, and that Real Christians prefer Paul who can be relied upon to give the right wing support, what does he say about how you should treat your enemies?

Romans:
12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Paul is being a bit backhanded here, he doesn't appeal to love as Jesus does, but rather that by being nice to your enemies you are being subtly cruel, since God will torture them on your behalf

At this point the Christian will usually respond to the actual words of the Bible by saying that I'm twisting them, or that I don't understand, or that they are being taken out of context, (without explaining what that context is)

However the message is clear and specific, nothing about threatening your enemies and nothing about killing them, but a whole bunch of stuff about giving away your wealth if you want to get into heaven. Jesus message is undoubtedly difficult to follow, which is why almost no self described Christians ever do - and how they have become adept over the years of rationalizing Jesus away, almost as if the unchanging morality of the Christians is really post modernist relativism
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

royaldiadem wrote: :o Your emotions are showing,.. likely your veins are bulging and your typing is a little more violent... are you standing up too?

Really, it appears that you are still living for the chance to goad people into emotional outbursts. I recall running afoul of people like you when I was in grade school.

They were universally known as bullies, and they made my life miserable because I didn't understand their game. I got into fights with them, and the school authorities always blamed me for the fights because I was physically larger than them. So I lost the fights, then got paddled, which of course made my tormentors far happier.

How pathetic it is to see you slavering over the thought of making me frustrated and angry. I guess my initial instinct to avoid giving you more personal information about my life was correct. No telling what disgusting uses you would have tried to make of such information.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Previous

Return to WTF?