Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

"Women's Wall of Honor" -- with only MEN??

What The Funk?

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm

A group of people want to create a "Wall of Honor" for heroic women in history. And to raise awareness for the project, get people to kick in some money, this group is putting up billboards to advertise it. And the billboard have pictures... OF MEN. Of course, it's only natural.

Here's the kicker: This is taking place IN CANADA.

So, why is its first major advertisement showcasing men? The Chronicle Herald, which broke the news of the billboard—a photo of it taken by Herald photographer Ryan Taplin has been making the rounds on social media sites like Twitter—explained that it "features Paul Kent, the president and chief executive officer of the Greater Halifax Partnership, former provincial Liberal leader Danny Graham and Rob Batherson, the senior vice-president of public affairs at Colour, an advertising and communications company. Each of the men has donated to the university.”

I think these people must spend too much time near the American border. Why else would a man, caught in a BONE HEAD moment, try to rationalize his bone-headedness? It's like a man who's obviously lost, refusing to stop and ask for directions.

So yeah. I think it's time we all had a bit of a laugh at the expense of our friends to the north.

:clap:

:roll:

:doh:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Perhaps it was done on purpose for viral marketing?

Either way it's in bad taste, not because it's laughable but because they're white.... men.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:20 pm

It was done with the usual sublime unawareness of how it might be percieved. After all these are the god guys, they donated a ship load of money for the cause, what is all the fuss about?
A Person

Return to WTF?