Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Six Strike Piracy Rule

What The Funk?

Postby Liv » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 pm

528853_633183840044406_484723560_n.jpg

I just learned about this today, and had no idea that in my absence, the U.S. installed a monitoring system through the major ISPs (Time Warner Included) to monitor, warn, and disable internet connections in violation of copyright law. It's called the 6 strike rule.

What?

Land of the free my arse!

What's absolutely hilarious is now the ISPs seem to be the industry's tool to get you.

A few journalists have even attempted a few Freedom of Information Act requests to better understand the six strike process and have been denied. What is going on.

No one even knows this is going on, heck I didn't till today, and I consider myself fairly up on issues like this.

Now I know there's more to the internet than movies and music, but one wonders how much revenue cable companies will lose when the kids stop downloading and go outside hiking? For a fare share of moronic American youth, the internet is Facebook, Piratebay, and Googling how to make meth.

Besides, I have uTorrent (for legal purposes only of course) on my phone, and can download in the McDonald's drive-thru whatever the heck I want.

Right or wrong, clearly someone with no brains thinks these things up.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Return to WTF?