Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Is America "Mystery Babylon" in Revelations?

What The Funk?

Postby Raven » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 am

For someone to question whether God is the Good Guy should just look at the differnce between God's people and Satan's people... That alone should speak for itself. HALF of the people that have posted on this page have made fun of God and his word. THIS IS WHY OUR COUNTRY IS THE WAY IT IS. It's people that are saying negative things about God that have created the chaos that we now face! Very disappointing!
Raven

Postby Liv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Who is Satan's people? Are we talking about half of the angels who joined?

If heaven was a government, you'd call it a dictatorship. (Perhaps worse.)
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 pm

This visitor makes a common mistake in thinking that if everyone follows the same religion, everything will be Just Fine. Counter-examples are strewn through the annals of history, in which incredible upheavals came along even within supposedly religiously homogenous areas like Europe. But that won't affect HIS claim that non-whateverheis are "Satan's people," and therefore the cause of what he fears. Sad...
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby Liv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:32 pm

I'd like to point out he refers to what is said as the culprit behind "chaos".

I'd also like to point out it's the fact that most Christians only use words, and not actions, and that is why this world is not a better place.

On a side note, we have this phrase in in our house "Words are just that, words, when words become actions, then worry."

For instances "I may say "I'd have sex with all the women and men at UNCG.", While this may make Shannon uncomfortable, they are just words. They can neither harm her or change our relationship. Actions however, oh say, if I were to sleep with the entire student body, would be something, if I were her, that I'd worry about.

Words are words, actions are action. This individual would likely benefit adding such a dichotomy to their interpretations of the the world too. Else you'll live in a world of fear and jealousy.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby A Person » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Raven wrote: HALF of the people that have posted on this page have made fun of God and his word. THIS IS WHY OUR COUNTRY IS THE WAY IT IS.

Spot on. Only half, it should be closer to 100% to fix this country.

But seriously, I can't see where anyone has made fun of God*. Just the people that claim to speak for Him. And that includes his 'word' i.e. a miscellany of legends, myths and fables, written by men.

*Not that there's anything wrong with that, God is presumably able to look after Himself and not act like a 13 year old girl who gets all pissy when she's not universally admired at school
A Person

Postby A Person » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Liv wrote:For instances "I may say "I'd have sex with all the women and men at UNCG.", While this may make Shannon uncomfortable, they are just words. They can neither harm her or change our relationship. Actions however, oh say, if I were to sleep with the entire student body, would be something, if I were her, that I'd worry about

What a strange example. Words are usually used to communicate something, I'd be worried if you said something like that, since it either expresses your intention, or your desire to perform the act, or you are intending to annoy and upset your partner.

All of which would indeed change your relationship.

Words are a lot more important than you give them credit for
A Person

Postby Liv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Did you ex, or daughter ever say "Oh (so and so) is hot, I'd do him...." or something or another? (I used this example because it's common.)

Words are powerful, and thus, as I pointed out, some people cower in them...

But by simply saying "God does not exist" does not equate to any measurable change in society.

Yes there are sparks (hell I even wrote on this very subject in Sheep Under the Sea), that lead to flames... but the flames, almost always are actions. Thus words are words, and actions are actions. Till words become actions, they are just words.

For instance "Double fist fuck Jesus on a bike"..... (Nope, the world has not fallen into any further chaos.)

Now if someone is influenced to run off and double fist a Mexican on a bike because of my words, well then, I'd be frightened.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Anonymos » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:57 am

Liv wrote:I'd like to point out he refers to what is said as the culprit behind "chaos".

I'd also like to point out it's the fact that most Christians only use words, and not actions, and that is why this world is not a better place.

On a side note, we have this phrase in in our house "Words are just that, words, when words become actions, then worry."

For instances "I may say "I'd have sex with all the women and men at UNCG.", While this may make Shannon uncomfortable, they are just words. They can neither harm her or change our relationship. Actions however, oh say, if I were to sleep with the entire student body, would be something, if I were her, that I'd worry about.

Words are words, actions are action. This individual would likely benefit adding such a dichotomy to their interpretations of the the world too. Else you'll live in a world of fear and jealousy.

About words are just words:
But you forget that thoughts become words, and words become actions. Let's say when a particular person does not like another person, they start to say that they don't like them, then they start to say that they are going to harm them or fight them, over and over. Eventually this will build up anger and resentment... eventually they will do what they have been saying and thinking. The law of attraction.

About God's People vs satans people:
There are two types of energy: Negative and Positive. When one is released it is moved through other sources of energy.
I'm assuming God's people and satan's people are referring to those with a positive or negative energy.
Also Always keep in mind:
Not all Christians walk with God.
There are also a lot of God's people that use "Action" every day for His work.

The positive: To walk with satan is to go against God's biggest commandments such as do not lie cheat steal murder and so forth. All those acts, when committed, can be devastating to the one at the other end. Their spirit could end up crushed. I've been lied to, cheated on, stole from... non of those produce happy emotions. Even though it sounds like a "Law" so-to-speak its really just a guideline how to be a decent person.

The Negative: satan is one who wants God's power. satan was the Arch Angel of Creativity, and he ruled 1/3 of the heavens. So he started slowly trying to create his own things so he could be worshiped like a God. God did not like this (because he has a higher purpose that is still unraveling itself) so God and the Arch Angel Michael (the Arch Angel of War) battled with satan's army and won, thus kicking satan out of heaven along with his army. It is predicted that there will be another war. satan wants to recruit every living soul that he can so that he can win the end war. If God supports love and peace, satan will support hate and violence. Whatever it takes to make God cast them to him instead.

I'm a believer and yet I do not see God as a "Governor" of any sort. I'm assuming those thoughts are coming from someone who is not very close with him yet. Nor do I see heaven as a "government". There is a greater purpose of something going on that no human could ever accept or take in. Physically our brains can not retain the entire purpose of the universe or what's all in it. We do not know why God has done certain things because we are not meant too. What I do know is I have been very close to God for a long time... I'm not the most perfect person in the world but I try my hardest to be. God has shown me many wonderful things throughout time about the human spirit and what it's really about. We are not meant to "judge" another's religion yet also not to take place in it. The main purpose why we are here is to feed our souls with knowledge and happiness and to share our knowledge and happiness with others so that they can be wise and cheerful as well.

but...

The end times are coming.
one day...

It could be 1,000 years from now. It could be after you finish reading this. You may think you know where, when, how, and who might be involved in it but in all honest truth... you don't know anything. It could be Rome, it could be America. It could all just be a metaphor of what happened before is parallel to what will happen one day on another planet in another city that sits on 7 hills in another dimension. But like I said humans can't retain all the details of what's in the universe or past it. We do know that dark energy is expanding the universe... so that must mean that there is space beyond it. There is a lot more going on then just down here on good old earth. You have no choice but to have faith in the goodness of people and God until the very end.

My point is that this is a debate that no one can win until it actually happens guaranteed. So therefore, no use arguing or criticizing other's views, or mocking what one has to say. The whole point of being alive is living in the happiness, getting along with everybody you meet, spreading love and joy to the world. Wanting to be the best human being you can be. To agree to disagree if you don't agree...
Anonymos

Postby Liv » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 am

But you forget that thoughts become words, and words become actions.

And thoughts can become words, it's the basis behind speech and logic. However just because I imagine stabbing my French professor over a bad grade, does not mean I'm actually going to say it out loud, or commit the atrocity.

Words, are still... Just words... until they become actions... Watch...

I want to have sex with everybody.

Nope... I'm still monogamous.

There's no place like home.

Crap, if only it was that easy.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby Jack » Sun May 06, 2012 5:52 pm

I agree 100%...Christians should start leaving the country.
Jack

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Jack wrote:I agree 100%...Christians should start leaving the country.

I have no problem with most Christians I know. I know if all of them thought they would be better off leaving, I'd be rather upset at losing an awful lot of friends. The ones that have a problem with living in a pluralistic society with freedom of religion for most folks (freedom of religion for ALL religious ideas should obviously not be possible) -- well, they would be welcome to go looking for greener pastures.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Mon May 07, 2012 2:10 am

I'd prefer if they stay, and just work out a deal, so I can live and work permanently in Europe. America's infrastructure is crap and doomed.

Let me do a citizenship exchange with a EU citizen, and I'll be happy.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby transformed » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:35 am

"In her was found the blood of the saints and prophets." Unless the US starts killing saints and prophets, then we have to look elsewhere. Jesus said that no prophet could die outside Jerusalem. The rulers, elders, chief priests and religious authorities were ultimately responsible for condemning Jesus and turning him over to the Romans. They agitated the people to the point of them saying, 'His blood be on our heads. We have no king but Caesar!" I believe the authorities brought back from captivity in Babylon an evil religious system that corrupted the powers and that is what is being referred to as 'Babylon The Great.' Even though Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome in 70 for their crimes, the city of Jerusalem itself is not the meaning. Salem was established as God's Holy Hill before ancient Israel came into being. Melchizedek offered sacrifices there. So perhaps it means the evil generation that existed in the 1st century. According to Rev 18 the merchants weep and grieve her demise but the saints, apostles and prophets rejoice over her punishment for what she did to them.
transformed

Postby Liv » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:24 pm

4chan.png
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:51 am

Um... OK.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Previous

Return to WTF?