·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Miraculous Magnetic Copper Jesus Healing Bracelet

by Nfidel | Published on April 10th, 2010, 6:40 pm | Religion
The advertisement posted below was found in my electric co-op's monthly magazine. A trifecta of bull$hit I just had to share.
If one were gullible enough to fall for this "healing" bracelet, it could still be pointed out that if one were to look inside their walls, one might notice they live in a virtual cage of copper wires and pipes. Why doesn't all this copper in such close proximity heal our ailments? We also live in overlapping magnetic fields generated by our appliances and gadgets, but yet again we gain no healing effects. And who doesn't, in their home, have a portrait of Jesus (I don't) hanging somewhere within their cage of copper wiring and magnetic fields. Modern homes having this perfect triad of the miraculous should be keeping us healthy already.
MagneticCopperJesusBracelet1.jpg

Makes you wonder if a Faraday cage will keep out the nutters?
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
April 10th, 2010, 7:26 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Maybe if they wore them round their heads like a tiara it would improve their morality
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
April 10th, 2010, 8:55 pm
A Person

Erm... then there's the problem of the fact that COPPER ISN'T MAGNETIC!

So if it does turn out to be a magnetic item, it'd have to be some other metal that is... plated with copper.
April 11th, 2010, 2:50 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
It has two magnets inserted into the copper at the ends. That style of thing is quite popular with New Age woo nuts.

I guess the healing power of Jesus isn't enough by itself, it must be augmented by a couple of $1 magnets.
April 11th, 2010, 9:32 am
A Person

A while back my parents were selling some sort of healing magnets. I had gotten a terrible blister on the pad of my foot and had to work the whole weekend catering banquets. Worried about me having to be on my feet with this ailment my dad insisted I try using one of his magnets in my shoe. It was really weird, honestly, the magnet did help speed the recovery.
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
April 22nd, 2010, 4:30 pm
shannon
Try My Cupcakes.

(cough) placebo (cough)
April 22nd, 2010, 7:45 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Religion