·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Monday, April 26th. Boobquake day!

by A Person | Published on April 20th, 2010, 10:42 am | Religion
An Iranian cleric, Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, issues a warning about seismically slutty dames

Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi wrote:"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,"

Alisa06-02.jpg
Bad Alisa!

I wish I'd known that before - it would have made studying geology so much more interesting.

As Jen McCreight, the BlagHag points out - that's a scientifically testable hypothesis - so she suggests it's time for a boobquake.

Jen McCreight wrote:Sedighi claims that not dressing modestly causes earthquakes. If so, we should be able to test this claim scientifically. You all remember the homeopathy overdose?

Time for a Boobquake.

On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake. If not, I'm sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn't rumble. And if we really get through to him, maybe it'll be one involving plate tectonics.

So, who's with me? I may be a D cup, but that will probably only produce a slight tremor on its own.

Of course this only works if men are led astray by the awesome boob power. May I volunteer for that part? (I hope I'm not too old)

In that case, I'd expect earthquakes all OVER the northern Mediterranean coast, where clothing optional beaches are common. And since Muslim morality is not observed there by the vast majority of men, they are by definition "astray." By this logic, there shouldn't be a single building standing from Gibraltar to Istanbul.
April 20th, 2010, 11:07 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Wait a second... It says here that Iran has had a long list of significant earthquakes. 13 of them AFTER the Islamic Revolution.

Does this mean that the Iranian men have been living more immorally than they did under the Shah (only 9 quakes, it seems)? We better not tell the religious authorities. No telling what that fact would lead to with those nuts.
April 20th, 2010, 11:20 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

This is only slightly more ridiculous than Rush Limbaugh blaming the Iceland eruption as God's retribution for the US passing the health Care bill
Rush Limpbrain wrote:You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law, Obama ran around all over the country saying, “Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. No Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.

I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied. This volcano in Iceland has grounded more airplanes – airspace has more affected – than even after 9/11 because of this plume, because of this ash cloud over Northern and Western Europe. … It’s got everybody just in a shutdown. Earth has opened up. I don’t know whether it’s a rebirth or Armageddon. Hopefully it’s a rebirth, God speaking…

It seems God has remarkably bad aim which makes the cause of His wrath too effing ineffable. Punishing Iceland for having better healthcare than the US in retaliation for the US trying to improve theirs?

Oh well, better go sacrifice a chicken to see what God wants me to do about this project.
April 20th, 2010, 11:52 am
A Person

Remember this

A rave from the grave - he's so 2009. Where is Bobby now?
April 20th, 2010, 11:57 am
A Person

A Person wrote:This is only slightly more ridiculous than Rush Limbaugh blaming the Iceland eruption as God's retribution for the US passing the health Care bill
Rush Limpbrain wrote:You know, a couple of days after the health care bill had been signed into law, Obama ran around all over the country saying, “Hey, you know, I’m looking around. The earth hadn’t opened up. No Armageddon out there. The birds are still chirping.

I think the earth has opened up. God may have replied. This volcano in Iceland has grounded more airplanes – airspace has more affected – than even after 9/11 because of this plume, because of this ash cloud over Northern and Western Europe. … It’s got everybody just in a shutdown. Earth has opened up. I don’t know whether it’s a rebirth or Armageddon. Hopefully it’s a rebirth, God speaking…

Seems to me it's EXACTLY the same thing. How could one be more ridiculous than the other?
April 20th, 2010, 12:05 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Well, cleavage is a geologic term.
April 20th, 2010, 12:10 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Seems to me it's EXACTLY the same thing. How could one be more ridiculous than the other?

Because I'm fairly sure that if pushed Limbaugh would admit to giving a facetious response. He'd blame it on Obama because - well because he blames everything on Obama - but also because it was a response to Obama's claim that Armageddon hadn't happened.

I don't think either Limbaugh or Beck take themselves seriously and know they are being outrageous just to garner listeners. Sedighi is serious.

Guest wrote:Well, cleavage is a geologic term.

Exposed cleavage is always gneiss
April 20th, 2010, 2:45 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:I don't think either Limbaugh or Beck take themselves seriously and know they are being outrageous just to garner listeners.

Funny thing is, you can't really know whether they're truly nuts or just working to drive their followers nuts. Which SHOULD qualify them for mega-nut status I should think.
April 21st, 2010, 7:55 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

A Person wrote:Exposed cleavage is always gneiss

Do you really mean "always?"

When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
April 21st, 2010, 8:31 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Garnet, that's really schist! Not something I'd want to graben to.

You're right, they say mineral the same but it is a mistake to take everything for granite
April 21st, 2010, 9:14 am
A Person

I've got to get me a dress like that.
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
April 21st, 2010, 1:49 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Well it is interesting because where boobs are constantly exposed they are not seen as anymore sexual or tempting then any other body part.. so it could be argued that it is the strict "morals" of islam that cause men to associate boobs and other aspects of women as purely sexual temptations, sinful delights...ect :doh:
April 21st, 2010, 9:36 pm
Kyle

I am more than willint to participate and be led astray by the lovely jumblies!

Yea for boobquake!
April 23rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Walker1971

Whoeee! Boobquake goes mainstream and makes CNN

Let's hope the event is a bust.
April 23rd, 2010, 2:06 pm
A Person

Well we had a spring snowstorm last night so Boobquake dayis a bust here (so far)

Let's hope the Southern girls in the warmth can make up for it. It will be really funny if there IS a major earthquake today.

Photos of warm bouncy boobs are always welcome.

bouncy.gif
bouncy.gif (1.05 MiB) Viewed 2688 times
April 26th, 2010, 9:40 am
A Person

Of course, there are earthquakes today. There are earthquakes every day around the world. Even if there was a major one tonight at 11:50 PM Hawaii time, it wouldn't be anything to remark. But the jiggling of flesh is notable at all times anyway. No matter what way you view it.
April 26th, 2010, 1:10 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

:lol:
May 3rd, 2010, 5:18 pm
boobsalicious

Apparently, the cleric who started this whole thing is standing by his claim. It seems that he forgot to mention earlier that if boobs DON'T cause an earthquake, it's because God is holding them back in order to encourage sinners to more thoroughly consign themselves to Hell. Or you know... whatever it takes to make this idiot correct. Because as we all know, being a godly man, it makes you incapable of being wrong when it comes to talking theology.
May 21st, 2010, 7:03 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to Religion