·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

A sensible decision from Texas

by A Person | Published on June 23rd, 2010, 10:31 pm | Religion
The Institute for Creation Science has been trying for some time to be allowed to issue Masters Degrees in Science Education in young earth creationism. Since this isn't science they have not been successful in California so they moved to Texas, hoping the anti-science sentiment there would allow them to peddle mythology degrees as 'science'

But no. Even Texas isn't that stupid

A federal judge has thrown out a lawsuit by a creationism think tank and school that attempted to force the state of Texas to allow it to offer master's degrees in science education.

In 2008, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rejected the Dallas-based Institute for Creation Research's application to offer master's degrees, which taught science from a biblical perspective. The institute's graduate school sued in 2009, claiming the board violated its constitutional right to free speech and religion.

U.S. District Judge Sam Sparks of Austin found no merit in the institute's claims and criticized its legal documents as "overly verbose, disjointed, incoherent, maundering and full of irrelevant information."

Next stop South Carolina perhaps?

"overly verbose, disjointed, incoherent, maundering and full of irrelevant information" sounds just like the 'science' they come up with.

I wonder if those pitiful legal documents were created by lawyers educated by Liberty University? :twisted:
June 24th, 2010, 5:59 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Can't they just call it something else... (I suppose that goes against the point, eh?)

I mean they offer degrees in video games these days...
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
June 25th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

They could be honest and call them Theology degrees, but while they deny and oppose science they love the terms.

letting them give their shamen an accredited degree in "Science Education" gives them the credibility they desperately crave
June 25th, 2010, 1:50 pm
A Person

They'll end up being like Bob Jones University: Fully un-accredited and mighty proud of it. :roll:
June 25th, 2010, 2:36 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

They call the culinary degree a "applied science" degree.... which seemed weird to me... definitely should be more of an arts degree IMHO.
June 26th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

A Person wrote:They could be honest and call them Theology degrees, but while they deny and oppose science they love the terms.

letting them give their shamen an accredited degree in "Science Education" gives them the credibility they desperately crave

They suffer from credibility envy. They know that real science is deemed to be more credible by educated people than their fantasy view of the world, and it just tears them up inside. That's their problem. Just too bad.
June 29th, 2010, 6:04 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to Religion