·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Pennsylvania mayor in trouble for prayer

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on June 23rd, 2011, 3:29 am | Religion
Well, to be more specific, the lady in the mayor's office of Harrisburg is accused of praying with her staff. About a particular member of the city government. While that person was present. Asking God to forgive him for not accepting Jesus as his savior.

The fellow decided that she had gone too far, and resigned, asking for unemployment compensation, which was denied. He's appealing that ruling, and the appeal process brought this accusation to light. The fellow has witnesses that support him as to this lady's extreme religious practices in her office.

For those who might try to spin this to accuse the state of persecuting this poor woman for her beliefs, please note: this is about HER actions while she was supposed to be conducting the city's business... not about what she believes. Sounds to me like she believes she can run bloody church services at any time she happens to be awake, and that doing the job she was elected and paid to do is less important than preaching.

My opinion is that if that's the case, she's in the wrong line of work. Get thee to a nunnery, lady!

Considering we used to do prayers in the conference room at Deluxe, weekly... it doesn't surprise me a bit.
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Sounds more like preying than praying
A Person