·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Gay Funeral Protests, Fred Phelps & God Hates Fags

by BecauseHeLives | Published on January 27th, 2008, 1:57 pm | Religion
Liv wrote:Well, what goes around, comes around... and I'm betting the day Fred kicks the bucket, more than a few gay people might show up.

Now that would be a bit ironic now wouldn't it? :)

I can't believe this.... For a freaking part he played in a movie!!! Do these people have no sense of reality?

Listen to this radio interview with the hag....She no likey it so much when someone brings up her illegitimate child...HERE
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
January 27th, 2008, 9:15 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

He says it was a hate crime.

http://cjonline.com/stories/080308/loc_312960452.shtml

I think it was...
insurance phraud. *
So does half of Topeka. Read the comments...

* remember he has that multi million $ judgment out of Maryland against him and his phreak phamily ...
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
August 4th, 2008, 7:53 pm
C. Alice

Perhaps it was set by "a flamer?"
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
August 4th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Perhaps it was set by "a flamer?"

I think the old phuckface probably set it himself. It only burned the fence and part of the garage.
How Con Veeen. Ient.
Maybe it started when he burned some of his gay Pr0n lest he be caught red and sticky-handed
by his shallow end of the gene pool relatives.

Anybody want to buy an Abercrombie and Fitch poster and mail it to him?
August 4th, 2008, 8:22 pm
C. Alice

No, but I think the next time he comes to N.C. we get all the lesbians and gays to have a giant make-out session in front of the protest.
August 4th, 2008, 9:22 pm
Liv

C. Alice wrote:He says it was a hate crime.

http://cjonline.com/stories/080308/loc_312960452.shtml

I think it was...
insurance phraud.

Wait a sec. can it really be classified a "hate crime" if one is attacked for being an a55hole? 8)
August 5th, 2008, 2:56 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasb ... matie.aspx

and this happened on National Talk Like a Pirate Day in Little Rock, Arkansas no less! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
Attachments
pirate.jpg
September 30th, 2008, 3:47 pm
C. Alice

The Brits aren't putting of with their crap, well sort of:

"We do not share their hatred of lesbian and gay people. We believe that God loves all, irrespective of sexual orientation, and we unreservedly stand against their message of hate toward those communities. Neither the style nor substance of their preaching expresses the historic, orthodox Christian faith. And we ask that the members of Westboro Baptist Church refrain from stirring up any more homophobic hatred in the UK or elsewhere."
February 21st, 2009, 4:42 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:The Brits aren't putting of with their crap, well sort of:

"We do not share their hatred of lesbian and gay people. We believe that God loves all, irrespective of sexual orientation, and we unreservedly stand against their message of hate toward those communities. Neither the style nor substance of their preaching expresses the historic, orthodox Christian faith. And we ask that the members of Westboro Baptist Church refrain from stirring up any more homophobic hatred in the UK or elsewhere."

God does INDEED love all people. However He hates sin and no sin can be in His presence.
February 21st, 2009, 6:01 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
Liv wrote:The Brits aren't putting of with their crap, well sort of:

God does INDEED love all people. However He hates sin and no sin can be in His presence.

I find it so funny (and yet sad) that your god has capacity for something as petty as hate. What that must say about you...
February 24th, 2009, 10:46 am
Sanjuro

makes you wonder why God created sin in the first place.
I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things —Isaiah 45:7
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
February 24th, 2009, 11:12 am
A Person

A Person wrote:makes you wonder why God created sin in the first place.
I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things —Isaiah 45:7

Questions that have obvious answers that are not acceptable to the believer are often just shunted to the side as "mysteries" or "an interesting paradox" that do not need to be resolved, the obvious answer thus being ignored. This seems to me to be a defense mechanism for the meme of religion.

Ask how could you believe in a god that is defined as "love," yet could "create evil" -- you'll simply activate the defense mechanism and never get a straight answer.
February 24th, 2009, 1:13 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

They've given up on the gays... now the Phelps clan are going for the Jews:

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/05/12/ ... ts-on-jews
May 14th, 2009, 1:12 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:They've given up on the gays... now the Phelps clan are going for the Jews:

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/05/12/ ... ts-on-jews

Not all that surprising. People get tired of hearing Phelps' rants on one subject after another after a few months or so. He has to change the focus of them every now and then in order to get attention for himself. Which is all he really craves, I guess. :whistle:
May 14th, 2009, 1:19 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Liv wrote:You know the guy who bought Chiqua Penn Plantation last name is Phelps. Wonder if they're related?

No the guy that bought Chiqua Penn Plantation is not related to Fred Phelps. I would know, because I am the sister of the man that bought Chiqua Penn Plantation. You should visit sometime. The Plantation is beautiful anytime of year.
April 18th, 2010, 7:25 am

We tried to go a few years back, but then it was shut to the public. Definitely will drop by when I can.
April 21st, 2010, 5:21 pm
Liv

Westboro, never at a loss for new groups of people to hate, decided to go a-protestin' out at this year's Comi-con. That's right -- Ol' Fred sent his minions of hate out to picket a bunch of comics nerds.

Neat thing is, the comics nerds had a great time with the haters, and staged the best counter-protest I've ever heard of. Thor made it on several posters, and of course, Bender (from Futurama) HAD to get in his 2 cents' worth. And I'm sure it went over well with the Westboro folks to see the sign that said "Fags are sexy beasts!"

Thanks to Serendip for pointing me to this story. :mrgreen:
July 23rd, 2010, 7:31 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

I notice the accommodationists haven't been objecting to the ridicule

Ridiculing ridiculous things can be very effective, Phelps is looking to provoke anger, he revels in it - but no one likes to be laughed at
July 23rd, 2010, 9:29 am
A Person

Favorite:
sexy_beasts.jpg
July 23rd, 2010, 10:55 am
Liv

Thanks for posting, SFI! I knew I could count you to do it justice. My hurried attempt would have had F-A-I-L all over it.

One of my fave signs from the protest is Portal-inspired:

I didn't see this but one of my friends noted her favorite Comic Con Counter Protest Sign: "The Cylons destroyed the 12 Colonies for your sins." ~sigh~ So say we all!
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
July 23rd, 2010, 12:00 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Hey, I know the Buddy Christ guy. Stayed at his place in Las Vegas once. Nice dude.
July 23rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Sanjuro

July 23rd, 2010, 12:44 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Gold:

You know the way they get Christian Gaga smiling, makes me think its all a sarcastic joke like Colbert.
August 27th, 2010, 12:26 pm
Liv

I would love to kick him in the nuts and then blast him in the gut with a 12 gauge loaded with bird shot at close range. I never will. Our constitution supports his craziness. But (expletive). That's what he wants. Don't worry. That guy is heading for a hell as hot as dahlmer got. He's 80. He's about to learn a lesson that he never taught. Evil prick...I'll have a party when he dies. Free beer for everyone. That reminds me of a sub shop when I was a kid in the 80's..after Ted Bundy was sentenced...."If Bundy fries...Free Fries!". Die, Phelps.
October 7th, 2010, 3:02 am
Nice

Return to Religion