·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Gay Funeral Protests, Fred Phelps & God Hates Fags

by Liv | Published on June 23rd, 2006, 9:38 am | Religion
Fred Phelps just recently posted his Greensboro protest pictures.

You can tell by the pictures that the people are very proud of there cause, and that the little child in the picture is well on his way to being a skin head. If anything it certainly endorses, a common by line for our fair city that things likes this happen "Only in Greensboro."

<center>
Nice hat lady. Your in Greensboro, not on a Safari.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like Daddy."

Is that Kenny from South Park?

The one kid had to stop & pray in the middle of the picture. Either that or his fly is open.</center>

It's too bad the rest of the world is either disgusted by them or too incredulous to utter a sound.

I personally like their happy smiling faces- like they all dosed with LSD or something before breaking out the rainbow-colored hate signs.
June 27th, 2006, 11:21 am
BruceBurch

I just want to know where they get that multicolor poster-board? Is that special order, for anti-gay extremists, or can I just run into Walgreen's and pick some up?
June 27th, 2006, 12:31 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217760,00.html
Anti-Gay Kansas Church Denies Protests at Funerals for Slain Amish Girls
Wednesday, October 04, 2006

By Sara Bonisteel

The controversial anti-homosexual Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., plans to stage a protest at the funerals of the five Amish girls executed in their Pennsylvania school, according to a flyer posted on the church's Web site.

The church is protesting the funerals because of the attendance of Pennsylvania Gov. George Rendell, who has spoken out against the church publicly, the flyer says.

But the daughter of the church's pastor, Rev. Fred Phelps, told FOXNews.com Wednesday the church would cancel the protests if given media time on radio and television as a platform for Westboro's beliefs.

"We're not going to any of the Amish funerals — that's the agreement we're making — that we won't go to any of them," Shirley Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com.

The Westboro Baptist Church has made its name demonstrating at the funerals of soldiers killed in the Iraq war. Their controversial and colorful placards proclaim their anti-gay stance with slogans such as "Thank God for Dead Soldiers," "America Is Doomed" and "Soldier Fag in Hell."

Westboro's 70 church members believe that the deaths of U.S. troops are God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality.
Before it garnered national attention, the church made its name protesting the funerals of AIDS victims around Kansas. And while their protests of late have focused on the funerals of U.S. soldiers, Westboro church members have taken their picket signs to the memorials for the 12 Sago miners who perished in January in West Virginia.

Earlier this year, prompted by the church protests, Congress passed a law that banned protesters from military funerals at federal cemeteries and more than a dozen states have passed similar legislation creating protest-free buffer zones around cemeteries during funerals.

Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com in February that the church has a right to protest.

"We are delivering a message," Phelps-Roper said. "God is punishing this nation and he is using the IED as his weapon of choice."

The church's latest flyer, posted on its Web site godhatesfags.com, notes these protests will be against Rendell for "slanderous" statements against the church.

On Monday, Charles Carl Roberts IV killed five girls — Naomi Rose Ebersole, 7; Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12; Marian Fisher, 13; Mary Liz Miller, 8; and her sister Lena Miller, 7 — in a rural Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County, Pa.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
October 4th, 2006, 10:41 am
RebelSnake

"...Wednesday the church would cancel the protests if given media time on radio and television as a platform for Westboro's beliefs"

Now, I believe someone stepped up to give them the air time and they cancelled. However this begs the question.. is this a form of terrorism?
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
October 5th, 2006, 8:01 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,217760,00.html
Anti-Gay Kansas Church Cancels Protests at Funerals for Slain Amish Girls
Wednesday, October 04, 2006

By Sara Bonisteel

The controversial anti-homosexual Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., has canceled its plans to stage a protest at the funerals of the five Amish girls executed in their Pennsylvania school, a church official said Wednesday.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, the daughter of church's pastor, told FOXNews.com the group canceled the protests in exchange for an hour of radio time Thursday on syndicated talk-show host Mike Gallagher's radio program.

Jesse Jackson must be so proud. This is something along his line of operation. I'm afraid Gallagher's opened up a Pandora's Box here we won't be able to close.
October 5th, 2006, 8:20 am
RebelSnake

You know the guy who bought Chiqua Penn Plantation last name is Phelps. Wonder if they're related?
October 5th, 2006, 9:27 am
Liv

If I were related to Phelps I'd deny it with my dying breath.
October 5th, 2006, 10:08 am
RebelSnake

Yeah, word has it that Fred Phelps and his "God Hates Fags" crew is heading for Virginia. They're planning to stage protests at some funerals for VT shooting victims and make sure the world gets to see that the tragedy there was just God getting back at America for allowing gays to live.

Sick, twisted MF-ers if you ask me...
April 19th, 2007, 4:43 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Why can't someone shoot him?
April 19th, 2007, 6:56 am
Liv

These people are really sad and pathetic.
April 19th, 2007, 8:23 am
RebelSnake

Liv wrote:Why can't someone shoot him?

I don't know that it would help much -- unless they used a silver bullet. Followed by a wooden stake through the heart... and blowing him out of an airlock into space. :twisted:
April 19th, 2007, 8:33 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Maybe when Fred "kicks the bucket" we can all carpool and head up there and protest HIS funeral.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
April 19th, 2007, 8:35 am
BecauseHeLives

RebelSnake wrote:These people are really sad and pathetic.

Personally, I discriminate between "sad and pathetic" and evil. This man is an evil man, and he has reared his children to be as evil and hateful as he is.
April 19th, 2007, 1:53 pm
Questioner

They do seem to have a picket planned

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/apr2 ... orials.pdf

Ken Ham (AiG) isn't much better although he blames Adam rather than homosexuals.
AiG wrote:we have just a taste of what we really asked for in Adam, when the head of the human race disobeyed God’s instruction not to eat the fruit of one particular tree. In a real sense, we are all responsible for the death and suffering we see around us.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... loving-god
Nasty and evil is not too strong.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
April 19th, 2007, 2:37 pm
A Person

Matt wrote:I predict violence if they do show up.

I doubt that. The folks who are grieving have had enough violence to last a lifetime.

It's a damn shame that these morons have no room in their hearts for anything but the hate that they think God has for everyone but them.
April 19th, 2007, 6:20 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

I first heard about this a couple of days ago and was so disgusted I didn't want to give them any more free publicity than they're already getting. The whole bunch should be put away in a mental hospital somewhere.
April 19th, 2007, 6:46 pm
RebelSnake

RebelSnake wrote:I first heard about this a couple of days ago and was so disgusted I didn't want to give them any more free publicity than they're already getting. The whole bunch should be put away in a mental hospital somewhere.

I just hope that they don't end up getting "bought off" by some radio station. That happened when they threatened to picket the funerals of those Amish girls that were killed last year. I can't think of any group of people who disgust me more than these slime-balls.
April 19th, 2007, 6:50 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Yeah, I remember that. How much ya wanna bet that's what they're shooting for this time too? Anything to get the "word" out.
April 19th, 2007, 6:58 pm
RebelSnake

RebelSnake wrote:I first heard about this a couple of days ago and was so disgusted I didn't want to give them any more free publicity than they're already getting. The whole bunch should be put away in a mental hospital somewhere.

Hmmmm.... Kansas does have some pretty secure mental hospitals for the criminally insane. What would it take to get ole Fred stuck in one of those loonie bins where he belongs?
April 19th, 2007, 8:15 pm
Questioner

Questioner wrote:one of those loonie bins where he belongs
You mean on the board of the Kansas State Judiciary?
April 20th, 2007, 10:10 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
Questioner wrote:one of those loonie bins where he belongs
You mean on the board of the Kansas State Judiciary?

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Larned State Mental Hospital (in Larned, Kansas of course)where they put the criminally insane.
April 20th, 2007, 3:10 pm
Questioner

Looks like this kid at Liberty U took some serious umbrage at the reports of Fred Phelps planning to protest at Jerry's funeral. Boy, wouldn't that have made for some interesting headlines if the police hadn't stepped in? :twisted:
May 23rd, 2007, 6:39 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

The Westboro Baptist Church is so bizzare it's difficult to believe they're real and not a satire of themselves. How could anyone want to blow them up?

WBC will Preach at Jerry Falwell's Funeral!!

GodHatesAmerica.com wrote:WBC will preach at the memorial service of the corpulent false prophet Jerry Falwell, who spent his entire life prophesying lies and false doctrines like "God loves everyone".

There is little doubt that Falwell split Hell wide open the instant he died. The evidence is compelling, overwhelming, and irrefragable. To wit:

1. Falwell was a true Calvinistic Baptist when he was a young preacher in Springfield, Missouri, and sold his soul to Free-Willism (Arminianism) for lucre.

2. Falwell bitterly and viciously attacked WBC because of WBC's faithful Bible preaching -- thereby committing the unpardonable sin -- otherwise known as the sin against the Holy Ghost.

3. Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing fags like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc. All for lucre -- making him guilty of their sins.

Falwell is in Hell, Praise God!!

America, Cursed of God

I love the modest way they claim that attacking the WBC is attacking the Holy Ghost!

And fancy suggesting that "God loves Everyone" - obviously a false prophet, God only loves the Westboro Baptist Church.
May 23rd, 2007, 9:44 am
A Person

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Looks like this kid at Liberty U took some serious umbrage at the reports of Fred Phelps planning to protest at Jerry's funeral. Boy, wouldn't that have made for some interesting headlines if the police hadn't stepped in? :twisted:

C'mon now, god told him to do it. :twisted:
May 23rd, 2007, 9:52 am
RebelSnake

Return to Religion