·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Gay Funeral Protests, Fred Phelps & God Hates Fags

by Questioner | Published on June 29th, 2007, 4:55 pm | Religion
Sanjuro wrote:
A Person wrote: Apparently over 25% of Americans believe the rapture will happen in 2007. (The same 25% who apparently believed it would be last year, or in 2000 - all the way back to Paul who thought it would be in his lifetime.)
Which oddly enough coincides with Bush's approval rating. LOL

I'm sorry to have to correct all of you, but the Rapture is going to happen in 2012. I just saw it on TV. They triangulated all sorts of sources that say it is going to be on December 21, 2012, and were especially firm about the fact that the old Mayan calendars just abruptly stop on that date in 2012. That of course, proves it beyond any possible doubt.

So y'all have a few years yet to prepare for armageddon or the rapture or whatever you believe is going to happen at the end of 2012.
:wink:

Questioner wrote:
I'm sorry to have to correct all of you, but the Rapture is going to happen in 2012. I just saw it on TV. They triangulated all sorts of sources that say it is going to be on December 21, 2012, and were especially firm about the fact that the old Mayan calendars just abruptly stop on that date in 2012. That of course, proves it beyond any possible doubt.

So y'all have a few years yet to prepare for armageddon or the rapture or whatever you believe is going to happen at the end of 2012.
:wink:

I am SO running up some credit card debt!!
June 29th, 2007, 5:16 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Makes you wonder what Kukulcán (aka Quetzalcóatl) wants with a bunch of Protestant Fundamentalists. Maybe they're just the appetizer. (Start with nuts and end with soup?)

I must say that the Mayan Creation Theory is just as convincing.

In the beginning of the Popol Vuh, Gukumatz is depicted as a large serpent with beautiful blue-green feathers, afloat in the primordial sea. Nothing yet exists, only pools of water kept at rest under the sky. Soon, the god Huracan appeared before the Sovereign Plumed Serpent to discuss the creation of man. Soon it is decided among the two that the water should be removed and replaced by land. They both spoke the word "Earth" until rose from the mist of the waters and the mountains rose. Gukumatz was pleased with their collaborative creation of the earth. The gods created animals such as the deer and the bird, and commanded that their creations should give them praise by speaking their names and keeping their days. But the animals could not speak the words of their gods and simply squawked and chattered. Gukumatz soon realized that their first attempt at the creation of beings was a failure as they could not give them praise. They animals were ordered to live in the wild and to let their flesh be eaten by the ones who will keep the days of the gods and show them praise.

They first formed men of mud, but in this form man could neither move or speak and quickly dissolved into nothingness. Later, they created men of sculpted of wood, which Huracan destroyed as the wooden manikens were imperfect, emotionless and showed no praise to the gods. The survivors were then transformed into monkeys, and sentenced to live in the wild. The gods were finally successful in their creation by constructing men out of maize. Here the first men were formed: B'alam Agab, B'alam Quitzé, Iqi B'alam, Mahucatah. Their sight was far and they understood all. Gukumatz and Huracan became fearful that these new beings will become as powerful as the gods and limited the sight of the first men.

God's do seem to be hung up in trying to make men from mud.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
June 29th, 2007, 5:58 pm
A Person

Fred Phelps and his caravan of hate is in a bit of trouble. Seems that the courts and a jury are really upset that his church has been picketing the funerals of dead soldiers returned from Iraq. They've been ordered to pay $11 million -- which of course will never happen. But hey -- it's fun to see that the courts got it right this time around anyway, eh? :D
October 31st, 2007, 7:34 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I think it would be fitting that he is drained of every penny he is worth or ever will be worth.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
October 31st, 2007, 8:35 pm
BecauseHeLives

How about this link. The other one lead to the Pullman story.

I loved the lawyer's quote "We will chase them forever if it takes that long," Summers said.

Let's hope thay pay what they have and Phelps can keep Hovind company in lieu of the rest.
October 31st, 2007, 10:32 pm
A Person

Personally I'd ask the judge for the church and turn it into a Gay help line center....

Make them take the calls as public service....

Give them a script of course.
November 1st, 2007, 9:18 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

A Person wrote:How about this link. The other one lead to the Pullman story.

I loved the lawyer's quote "We will chase them forever if it takes that long," Summers said.

Let's hope thay pay what they have and Phelps can keep Hovind company in lieu of the rest.

That's an awfully malicious statement to make toward Hovind. Hovind's only fault was that he didn't pay his taxes the way the IRS thought he should.
November 1st, 2007, 10:49 am
BecauseHeLives

You mean when told to and with money?
November 1st, 2007, 3:07 pm
A Person

Hate group' church to picket Ledger memorial

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:25am AEDT
Updated Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:29am AEDT

An evangelical anti-gay US church plans to picket any memorials to Australian actor Heath Ledger, who died this week, because of his portrayal of a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain.

It is understood a service will be held in LA this coming weekend, before the Perth-born actor is laid to rest in Australia.

Ledger, 28, was found dead in his New York apartment on Wednesday morning. Prescription medications were found in the residence, but an initial autopsy proved inconclusive.

The actor's family insist his death was "accidental."

Shirley Phelps, of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, has told Sydney radio station 2Day FM that they will also picket any attempt to honour Ledger, 28, at next month's Academy Awards ceremony.

"I'm going to stand outside of any public memorial service that he has here," Ms Phelps said.

"And then the other place I'm going to picket him is when they prop him up to worship his dead, rotting carcass further at the Oscars. I'll be right outside by the red carpet."

Ledger won widespread acclaim for his sensitive portrayal of a repressed homosexual cowboy role in the Oscar-winning film Brokeback Mountain.

He had also starred in The Patriot, A Knight's Tale, Two Hands and Ned Kelly.

The Westboro Baptist Church is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Centre in the United States.

It regularly pickets the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq, claiming the war is God's punishment for tolerating gays.

Nice bunch of Christians, these Phelps'. And before anybody says they're NOT ' true christians", that's what they'd claim about their detractors. Fred insists HE follows God's word and has been born again etc etc etc.
I hope they're strip-searched every leg of the flight and that Australians get a little physical exercise with these people .
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
January 27th, 2008, 8:42 am
C. Alice

Don't mess with Hollywood.... Some will have them in litigation before they can blink.
January 27th, 2008, 8:49 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Don't mess with Hollywood.... Some will have them in litigation before they can blink.

Nothing to sue for - he was a public figure and there's a general consensus that dead folks can't be defamed.
January 27th, 2008, 9:05 am
C. Alice

They are not true Christians.
January 27th, 2008, 9:06 am
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:They are not true Christians.

He'd definitely say the same of you.
January 27th, 2008, 9:30 am
C. Alice

Here's Shirley:
Attachments
13447125_240X180.jpg
13447125_240X180.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
January 27th, 2008, 9:33 am
C. Alice

Here's some members of Phelp's church:
( they get them young)

and if the Phelps -clan ( Klan>) doesn't represent Christianity, then howcome " real" Christians aren't speaking out and countering their crap? There's so much commentary about why moderate muslims dont' speak out against radical islam. Why aren't rank-and file christians standing against Phelps? It's not like he's going to send a suicide bomber after them.
Attachments
god-hates-fags-kids.jpg
god-hates-fags-kids.jpg (91.1 KiB) Viewed 215 times
January 27th, 2008, 9:40 am
C. Alice

C. Alice wrote:
Nothing to sue for - he was a public figure and there's a general consensus that dead folks can't be defamed.

No, but you start making enemies with people with alot more money then you, they can start watching for things....

More to the point... get something to actually make it to court, and you can make these peoples lives hell.

Not to mention... theres other ways.
January 27th, 2008, 9:59 am
Liv

Liv wrote:
C. Alice wrote:

No, but you start making enemies with people with alot more money then you, they can start watching for things....

More to the point... get something to actually make it to court, and you can make these peoples lives hell.

Not to mention... theres other ways.

They already have an $11 million judgment against them.
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/11 ... 1_1_07.txt

THAT hasn't stopped them.
January 27th, 2008, 10:07 am
C. Alice

Well, what goes around, comes around... and I'm betting the day Fred kicks the bucket, more than a few gay people might show up.
January 27th, 2008, 10:40 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Well, what goes around, comes around... and I'm betting the day Fred kicks the bucket, more than a few gay people might show up.

THIS straight ally will fly to Topeka to wave signs and dance!
January 27th, 2008, 10:44 am
C. Alice

Why wait till he's dead?
January 27th, 2008, 10:51 am
A Person

I heard about this on the news and all I could do was just shake my head at the stupidity of these people.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
January 27th, 2008, 12:15 pm
RebelSnake

C. Alice wrote:Here's some members of Phelp's church:
( they get them young)
and if the Phelps -clan ( Klan>) doesn't represent Christianity, then howcome " real" Christians aren't speaking out and countering their crap? There's so much commentary about why moderate muslims dont' speak out against radical islam. Why aren't rank-and file christians standing against Phelps? It's not like he's going to send a suicide bomber after them.

Excuse me. Many of us DO stand up and condemn him. And have for years.

We cannot stop him you know. Any more than you or anybody else in the U.S. can stop anybody they disagree with.
January 27th, 2008, 1:45 pm
Questioner

C. Alice wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:They are not true Christians.

He'd definitely say the same of you.

Only one of us is right and it ain't him.
January 27th, 2008, 1:54 pm
BecauseHeLives

C. Alice wrote:Here's some members of Phelp's church:
( they get them young)

Many Christians speak out against him. You probably don't hear them in the circles that you hang out in though and newspapers don't feel its newsworthy to write about it.
January 27th, 2008, 1:55 pm
BecauseHeLives

Return to Religion