·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Lieberman compares John Hagee to Moses

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on July 24th, 2008, 5:44 pm | Religion
I know that Joe Lieberman is a devout Jew, and he was talking to Hagee's "Christians for Jews" group. But how far gone could you be to compare Hagee with frickin' Moses?

Another big question in my mind is... why would any Jew accept the support that Hagee offers? The only reason he wants to get every Jew possible into the land of Israel is because he believes that the end of the world will come about right after they get the last one crammed in there. In the meantime... it sure is a great money train, I bet.

The LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the offerings made to the LORD by fire. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the LORD, who makes them holy.

Moses wrote:"And kill every woman who has slept with a man."

Not to mention completely destroying the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites-as the LORD his God has commanded

Hagee is an amateur, but he's working on it.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
July 24th, 2008, 9:58 pm
A Person

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:...he believes that the end of the world will come about right after they get the last one crammed in there. In the meantime... it sure is a great money train, I bet.

Well if the end of the world has to wait until all Jews live in Israel, we are pretty safe. That's not going to happen in the next 100 lifetimes!
July 26th, 2008, 2:48 pm
Questioner

Questioner wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:...he believes that the end of the world will come about right after they get the last one crammed in there. In the meantime... it sure is a great money train, I bet.

Well if the end of the world has to wait until all Jews live in Israel, we are pretty safe. That's not going to happen in the next 100 lifetimes!

Precisely. It's a PERMANENT money train. He asks for money to "help the poor Jews get to where they belong," and just happens to skim off a "reasonable administrative cost" for his services. As long as there are people happy to donate millions to support Israel in the name of helping God with his plan, he'll have no shortage of incoming cash.
July 26th, 2008, 3:12 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Precisely. It's a PERMANENT money train. He asks for money to "help the poor Jews get to where they belong," and just happens to skim off a "reasonable administrative cost" for his services. As long as there are people happy to donate millions to support Israel in the name of helping God with his plan, he'll have no shortage of incoming cash.

What I've never understood is why so many followers of these fakers cannot recognize such an obvious fleece. These modern Elmer Gantries seem to have so many gullible people to fleece! When they started saying that donations to their church would pretty much guarantee economic success here on earth, I was amazed that people didn't notice right away how obviously untrue that was. It seems so amazing to me that as soon as somebody starts spewing "God talk", these fundies turn off their brains and open their wallets.

I guess what the old carney said is true: "There's one born every minute". (The "one" being a gullible fool who is a good target for frauds).
July 26th, 2008, 3:31 pm
Questioner

Return to Religion